Best spark plugs

This is a discussion on Best spark plugs within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Hey whats going on fellas, new here to the forum and to the ecoboost. Just got it two weeks ago, 2011 F150 lariat 4x4 crew ...

Member #

Best spark plugs

Hey whats going on fellas, new here to the forum and to the ecoboost. Just got it two weeks ago, 2011 F150 lariat 4x4 crew cab. Already invested in a sct 3015 with 3 custom tunes from MPT, and a 170 thermostat. Looking to change these plugs out to avoid any issues. Whats everyone recommending being the most reliable best running plug for tuned eb motors with more upgrades to follow? I seen one post about the brisk ror15LGS premium plug. Any help will be appreciated!

Member #
    Ok.... thanks anyway

Member #
    Liked
    2401 times
    I want to upgrade mine before bolting on my parts too. Subscribed.
    2013 FX4 S-crew (3.73)
    Full performance bolt on's (including Batmowheels)
    Full Raptor Suspension w/ upgraded components
    Fiberwerx fenders
    Rigid LED lighting
    Retrofitted heads and Morimotto fogs
    Rockford Audio
    Method weels w/ General tires

Need parts for your build? www.stage3motorsports.com

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I think I am going to give the Brisk plugs a try.
    2013 Lariat 4x4 SCREW EB, Blue Jeans Metallic, Max Tow Pkg 3.73, 5.5 bed

Member #
    i too am looking to change plugs and gap before installing my 5015 SCT livewire TS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been told stock gap is 40 thousandths and with a tune we should be between 30 - 32 thousandths. All input would be helpful.
    Moondoggy
    2013 Lariat(502A package), Tuxedo White/Adobe(Alaskan Camouflage) 3.31 gears/locking diff. Screw,6.5'bed AFE Charge pipe,AFE Stage2CAI,Gibson2.5"cat back duals w/22"x3"cherry bomb extensions, Livewire programmer, Aries4"bull bar w/6.5" WARN Remote control lights, F1Bak Flip tonneau,BakBox2, Rhino spray in bedliner w/rubber bed mat, WEATHER TECH: hood deflector, window guards,mud flaps,weatherfloor mats,Ford bed extender,ManStep,Vacron dashcam, Cobra radar-detector, DeeZee tailgate assist.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Just re gap the stockers. Copper plugs give better performance but they need to be changed often in a FI application this is why most manufacturers go with an iridium or platinum plugs now because they last longer however they are much more expensive.

I ran ford motocraft plain copper on my 600hp focus. I changed them as often as 500 miles or as long as 5000. A fresh set made as much as 20 hp on the dyno. Gapped to .025" because they were gapped so tight I had to cut back the end of the ground strap .125" to get a clean spark.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just installed new stock plugs gapped to .030" while I was waiting to get my custom MPT tunes. It made a noticeable difference when I was running the SCT 93 octane tune. Before I changed the gap I had a miss during hard acceleration and the new plugs completely fixed it. When I talked to the guys at MPT they recommended sticking with the stock plugs.

Member #
    I have the SCT with MPT, bought the "brisk" no gapping needed plugs. Waste of 70$. only tuned the truck to 87 octane performance, accelerated hard, threw a check engine light and miss fires along with all power loss. Bought new stock iridium motocraft plugs. these brisks will be going back. Stock plugs going in today. It says that these plugs shouldnt be regapped. I think they are at .036. going to attempt to regap them to .030

Member #
    Liked
    2401 times
    I ordered the brisk plugs, hopefully they work out. I'm currently in Malaysia, but a buddy of mine will be installing all of my parts and doing the tunes. I'll let y'all know how it works out.
    2013 FX4 S-crew (3.73)
    Full performance bolt on's (including Batmowheels)
    Full Raptor Suspension w/ upgraded components
    Fiberwerx fenders
    Rigid LED lighting
    Retrofitted heads and Morimotto fogs
    Rockford Audio
    Method weels w/ General tires

Need parts for your build? www.stage3motorsports.com

Member #
    Liked
    3561 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinero61 View Post
    I ordered the brisk plugs, hopefully they work out. I'm currently in Malaysia, but a buddy of mine will be installing all of my parts and doing the tunes. I'll let y'all know how it works out.
    I have a set of brisk I picked up super cheap after they didn't work out in another guy's ecoboost...
    Haven't installed them yet as I wanted to see how my truck runs on the ATP intercooler for a few tanks....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    '13 FX4 3.55 LET Tuned
    451hp/532tq

Links