New and Improved 5 star performance tunes! - Page 3

New and Improved 5 star performance tunes!

This is a discussion on New and Improved 5 star performance tunes! within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Originally Posted by mrbarylak24 After reading this, I went ahead and emailed them and got a revised 91 performance tune. And WOW, you guys are ...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New and Improved 5 star performance tunes!

Ecoboost Pro f150ecobooooost101's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbarylak24 View Post
    After reading this, I went ahead and emailed them and got a revised 91 performance tune. And WOW, you guys are right what a difference. I think it pulls harder then my MPT 91 performance tune. I logged it and sent it over to Josh, and he responded and said it looks good. I was hoping for a revision. Do you think it would be wrong to email or call and ask for Jacob? Sounds like he is the one doing these.
    He did the same thing to me after rev1. Said it was good, kindly ask for "better" and he'll give revision. I'm on rev6 now from josh

2014 F150 EB XLT 4X2 white, tuned and loved

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok, I just emailed him to see what he says. Thanks. What have you noticed in the 5 rev's compared to the first one? Is he trying to tweak something specific?
    2014 F150 EcoBoost FX4| AEM Drop in filter | Cravenspeed Antenna | UPR Mega Catch can | Unleashed Tuned |

Ecoboost Pro f150ecobooooost101's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I really wanted almost 0 knock and a little better mpg. My rev 5 was really slow to accelerate at 2nd at 2k. Really weird, all others haven't been vast improvements but definitely have improved. I have so much power that just doesn't seem to to end. My wot knock is less then 1.75 and at times is -4.99 (may be false knock) which is hella batter then my canned sct tunes. My rev 6(current) has a lot of pwr but I get 16mpg highway so far at best. Little disappointed with that but I bought the truck to have fun not a gas sipper

2014 F150 EB XLT 4X2 white, tuned and loved
    R.A.F likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Interesting. I also with REV 1 am only getting about 16.2-16.4 max on highway doing 70 and no hard throttle. I am also a little disappointed. Went from Stock which was 17.4 almost down 1mpg. So, how do you watch for knock? I have a x4. And what is good compared to bad. I have always kind of relied on the tuner to look at that for me, but maybe I should monitor it. I also have the ODBC Bluetooth connector and the torq app, but could never figure it out in there either, so i gave up. I agree with you about the gas mileage, that its a truck and i should not expect high mileage, just figured and from what i read, the higher the octane and with a higher octane tune, you should on the freeway get about 1mpg better. When i pull off the line its kind of a dog i will call it until about 2,500 rpm, then it just screams. Very impressive. Maybe he can help me tweak it a little more. Thanks for the responses, appreciate it.
    2014 F150 EcoBoost FX4| AEM Drop in filter | Cravenspeed Antenna | UPR Mega Catch can | Unleashed Tuned |

Member #
    Liked
    1831 times
    When you look at your knock value on the device, the lower the better. A positive number means it sees knock and is pulling some timing. These are very sensitive to false knock readings. Which generally occur at part throttle. If you see knock at part throttle that looks high, don't worry too much. Look at heavy or wide open throttle knock mostly.

My knock rarely goes over 1 with unleashed. And really stays negative under wot. I'd be comfortable seeing up to +5. I think.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbarylak24 View Post
    Interesting. I also with REV 1 am only getting about 16.2-16.4 max on highway doing 70 and no hard throttle. I am also a little disappointed. Went from Stock which was 17.4 almost down 1mpg. So, how do you watch for knock? I have a x4. And what is good compared to bad. I have always kind of relied on the tuner to look at that for me, but maybe I should monitor it. I also have the ODBC Bluetooth connector and the torq app, but could never figure it out in there either, so i gave up. I agree with you about the gas mileage, that its a truck and i should not expect high mileage, just figured and from what i read, the higher the octane and with a higher octane tune, you should on the freeway get about 1mpg better. When i pull off the line its kind of a dog i will call it until about 2,500 rpm, then it just screams. Very impressive. Maybe he can help me tweak it a little more. Thanks for the responses, appreciate it.
    Sounds like you definitely could benefit in a revision from Jacob.

One thing I've noticed with these new performance revisions is the truck stays in lower gears more to stay in the power band which in return lowers mpgs, which doesn't bother me i like having that Power right there.
    It's very rare I see 6th gear driving around town and a majority of the time I rarely see over 4th gear.
    2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4

Bilstein leveling coil overs top setting
    3" rear blocks
    34/10.5/17 BFG KO2's
    Husky floor liners
    Raptor Grill lights

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    A suggestion... I

f your logging these 5*pulls and have logged MPT pulls. Then look at your logs and compare the 40-100 {secs} time. The butt dyno is tricky. Look at the actual time it takes on the log to get from 40-100 mph. Then compare it.
    Mike Wood likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    I wonder if this is a reaction to all the threads that have been on here lately about poor top end on their tunes. I know that was my biggest complaint. Their tip in and low end was great but then it fell on its face up top.

May try to get another 91perf/tow tune done because I really did like the drivability of their tunes.
    2014 Lariat S-Crew, 6.5'ft bed with Max Tow and 502A - Unleashed'd, Bilstein 5100(.8" level) RX Catch Can, AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    1831 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    I wonder if this is a reaction to all the threads that have been on here lately about poor top end on their tunes. I know that was my biggest complaint. Their tip in and low end was great but then it fell on its face up top.

May try to get another 91perf/tow tune done because I really did like the drivability of their tunes.
    If you still have the old tune, and I don't see why you wouldn't, you don't need "another". Just have that one edited.

They made me turn in my tunes, so to speak, when I asked for a warranty refund. But I can't imagine that is a common occurrence. Otherwise, if you once had a tune, and you still have the same tuner and same vehicle, you should still have the same tune, no?

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    If you still have the old tune, and I don't see why you wouldn't, you don't need "another". Just have that one edited.

They made me turn in my tunes, so to speak, when I asked for a warranty refund. But I can't imagine that is a common occurrence. Otherwise, if you once had a tune, and you still have the same tuner and same vehicle, you should still have the same tune, no?

Well yeah that's what I meant. The first time around I asked about the weak top end and they basically told me it is what it is and never asked to look at a datalog or anything.
    2014 Lariat S-Crew, 6.5'ft bed with Max Tow and 502A - Unleashed'd, Bilstein 5100(.8" level) RX Catch Can, AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links