New and Improved 5 star performance tunes!

This is a discussion on New and Improved 5 star performance tunes! within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Did a quick check on the forum and didn't see anything regarding these new revised tunes from 5 star. I have had 5 star for ...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New and Improved 5 star performance tunes!

Member #
    Liked
    396 times

Did a quick check on the forum and didn't see anything regarding these new revised tunes from 5 star. I have had 5 star for a tad over 2 years, while happy with the 91 perf tune it never seemed "fast". I always said their perf tune is the way the truck should have come from the factory.

Fast forward 2 years and i found out Jacob is now doing revised performance tunes, I shot him a email and was told to run a datalog of my original tune and we would go from there. So i sent him the log and a few days later got my 1st revision. Thinking it was just going to be a little bit added. Loaded it up and it was ALOT better, Better tip in, low mid and high range was great. Honestly felt somewhat close to my MPT tune. Ran it a few weeks and 600 plus miles and ran another datalog.About a week later got REV2. I was thinking to myself well its probably just a couple tweaks and not to expect alot.

Loaded it up and WOW.. This thing is a monster compared to the original tune. Tip in is even better and while the low range seems pretty good the mid and high ranges are outstanding. The truck just keeps pulling! The shifting is vastly improved also, It seems to be in the perfect gear and any given time and it actually downshifts quick also when on it. Waiting on REV 3 hope coming soon, Jacob mentioned that it looked like i had some more mid range available so lm looking forward to probably the last revision.

Now I have been a die hard MPT fan for the last 2 years and put 50k miles on my MPT tunes and thought they were the best ever, Until my 2nd 5 star revision and honestly i can't say MPT is the faster one. Pro's on my MPT tune is Great Tip in and Great Low End torque and the shifting is pretty good, 5 star flat out kills my MPT tune on mid and high range and i would say the shifting is a tad better also.

Basically i made this post to let people know, if you have a older 5 star performance tune and was never really happy with it to get ahold of Jacob and see what he can do. Chances are you will be very Satisfied.

Here are a few videos with both Revision 1 and 2. Pretty Stout

2013 Kodiak Brown EcoBeast
    3.55 with E locker, Harley Tails,Neopreme Seat Covers,inside LED conversion

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Awesome! Thanks for your review. How did you get in touch with 5* to get the revised tune? I also have 5* tunes from a little over a year ago and I'd like to see what improvements are made. Especially in the shifting department. Was there an upgrade charge?
    Drewpydog likes this.
    2013 F150 King Ranch 4x4 - 2" AutoSpring Level - 275/65/20 BFG AT KO2 - SCT X4 with Unleashed Tuning Performance 87 and 93 - Bakflip Fibermax

Member #
    Liked
    1053 times
    Awesome write up!
    I too have been working with Jacob and am now waiting for my 3rd revision. I've been extremely impressed with these new tunes.

I pretty much have same experience as Coy, biggest thing I notice is they pull hard all the way through the rpm's.
    I also run mpt and I like them a lot too, the low end is awesome and I like the very firm shifts of my MPT race performance tunes and MPT tip in can not be beat (for some people they are a bit much) but my new 5 Star tune definitely pulls harder and cleaner up top and all the way through.

I'm looking forward to this next 5 star revision,ill update when I get it.
    Last edited by Sirikenewtron; 09-13-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4

Bilstein leveling coil overs top setting
    3" rear blocks
    34/10.5/17 BFG KO2's
    Husky floor liners
    Raptor Grill lights

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I wonder if 5* will do these same quality new tunes for their customers with the 5*/stage 3 warranty?
    2014 3.5L XLT Screw 5.5 box, 3.31, 5* 91 perf/tow, Full Race Catch Can, Duratrac 275/70R18

Member #
    Liked
    1053 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PDX YFZR View Post
    I wonder if 5* will do these same quality new tunes for their customers with the 5*/stage 3 warranty?

That I do not know, I would think.
    I'd hit up Jacob over there and ask for sure though
    2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4

3" rear blocks
    34/10.5/17 BFG KO2's
    Husky floor liners
    Raptor Grill lights

Ecoboost Pro f150ecobooooost101's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    5* 91p/t is my first custom tune was running canned sct tunes before and I just bought the custom tune a week ago. Already on rev4 and I agree it hauls ass constantly thru the RPM range. HUGE!!!! Difference over canned. If you haven't yet it's less than $100 for a custom tune and lifetime support. You gotta do it

2014 F150 EB XLT 4X2 white, tuned and loved

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post
    That I do not know, I would think.
    I'd hit up Jacob over there and ask for sure though
    Would like to know also. Good question Pdx yfzr
    Sirikenewtron likes this.
    “Regards engine power: Lots is good, more is better, and too much is just enough"
    2013 F150 Supercrew Lariat+ | Kodiac Brown | 4X4 | 502A |Tow | 3.55 E-Locker | SCT X4 5* 93per/tow | aFePower diff. Cover | 20" wheels | 36 gal | Bilsteins X4 |HID lights | full LED |spray in bed liner | 3.0 door detent | DeeZee TGA | Retrax Pro Cover | Rugged Ridge FM |Anzo LED side Mirror lights | UPR Billet Emblems | aFePower 4"X12" black exhaust tip | OEM Rear Wheel Well Liners | tailgate step | Westin Contour bull bar | Rigid Industries D-Series D2 LED Lights | raptor grill lights | SnapRest armrest | impulsive driver

Member #
    Liked
    1053 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Would like to know also. Good question Pdx yfzr

Just spoke to someone who has been working real close with them, he said yes, even the warranty customers can get the new revisions. Just same as always with warranty tunes, the end user options are locked out
    PDX YFZR and coyconner1983 like this.
    2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4

3" rear blocks
    34/10.5/17 BFG KO2's
    Husky floor liners
    Raptor Grill lights

Member #
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtziscool View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for your review. How did you get in touch with 5* to get the revised tune? I also have 5* tunes from a little over a year ago and I'd like to see what improvements are made. Especially in the shifting department. Was there an upgrade charge?
    Jacob@5startuning.com is the email, As far as i know there is no charge for the revisions.

I'd bet so!

Quote Originally Posted by f150ecobooooost101 View Post
    5* 91p/t is my first custom tune was running canned sct tunes before and I just bought the custom tune a week ago. Already on rev4 and I agree it hauls ass constantly thru the RPM range. HUGE!!!! Difference over canned. If you haven't yet it's less than $100 for a custom tune and lifetime support. You gotta do it

2014 F150 EB XLT 4X2 white, tuned and loved
    Glad you like it! That's why i made the thread to get others on these revised tunes, or just to buy them if they are looking for a fun tune.
    2013 Kodiak Brown EcoBeast
    3.55 with E locker, Harley Tails,Neopreme Seat Covers,inside LED conversion

Member #
    Liked
    1585 times
    Warranty customers are supposed to get the same exact tune as anyone else. Except without user adjustable timing and such.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links