Reroute stock exhaust Question

This is a discussion on Reroute stock exhaust Question within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; So after A LOT of research and hours spent listening to sound clips/videos on YouTube ect.. Ive decided I just can't get down with any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Member #

So after A LOT of research and hours spent listening to sound clips/videos on YouTube ect.. Ive decided I just can't get down with any of the aftermarket options. Spent the last 5 years in a strait piped 5.7 Hemi.. And I'm actually rather enjoying the peace and quiet. However I really liked the look of the magnaflow exhaust that routes the exhaust out in front of the passenger side rear tire. (Like the old lightnings)

So I got the idea that maybe I could just buy a nice tip, go to a muffler shop and have them reroute the factory exhaust to achieve the same look, without the added noise of an aftermarket system. Has anyone else done this? If so, pics/input would be great as I'll be looking to attempt this within the next couple days.

Only problem I could think of would be that maybe the factory muffler is too long/sits too far back to have room to route the pipes out the side? Haven't had a chance to really look around under the truck since I bought it a couple weeks ago..

Also, from reading across the forum quite a bit before joining I'm aware exhaust is a pretty heavily discussed topic and I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere already. I used the search feature and came up empty.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Yes I have done it with my truck 2014 SCrew.. I really had to mod it, cut and weld and ect. I am really happy with the result of it. It's quiet but just straight turbo sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Screw FX2
    sctx4.ssi.5*.mpt.unleashed.91perforance/race.MBRPdp.magnaflow3in.On3CaC.50BoV.walbro450.be lltechKWcoilovers.3/4drop.BelltechSPshocks.hellwigRSB.k&n.oilcatchcan. spark@.25.170.amsoil.kickspeakers
    #buildthread http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...eet-truck.html

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Name:  IMG_4782.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  2.47 MB this is my old setup full 3inch pipe from flange to a 3in magnaflow race muffler and 3in out to the slight angle out in front of the passenger side rear wheel (like the Lighting) to a custom Y with 2oem 3inch chrome tips.

2014 Screw FX2
    sctx4.ssi.5*.mpt.unleashed.91perforance/race.MBRPdp.magnaflow3in.On3CaC.50BoV.walbro450.be lltechKWcoilovers.3/4drop.BelltechSPshocks.hellwigRSB.k&n.oilcatchcan. spark@.25.170.amsoil.kickspeakers

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    My setup now is instead of the magnaflow muffler I replaced it with the stock muffler it really took some fitting to get it under there but it fits. I did everything on the driveway with no bender.

2014 Screw FX2

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbuilt808 View Post
    Yes I have done it with my truck 2014 SCrew.. I really had to mod it, cut and weld and ect. I am really happy with the result of it. It's quiet but just straight turbo sound.

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for out of my 2016 supercrew. If I get any more sound out of the exhaust id prefer it to be the turbos over anything lol but no sound change and just the new look would be fine too.

Any chance you could post a pic of what it looks like under your truck so I can have something to show my exhaust guy? I think what I want is pretty simple to explain but a visual aid never hurts.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Sure I will try to get some picture today also try get some sound clips also

2014 Screw FX2

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Also you probably will like it turbo sound 95%of the time until you open it up then you can hear that EcoBeast

2014 Screw FX2

Member #
    A sound clip with the pics would be great! Stopped by my exhaust shop today, looks like we will have to cut a portion of the piping out ahead of the muffler and move it forward then it should be a pretty strait forward install from there. They'll be either ordering a tip that will give me the same staggered look as the magnaflow or fabricating one. Waiting on a call from them with a price quote now. I wouldn't expect that it would cost very much.. Sucks the labor will probably be the most expensive part.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssbuilt808 View Post
    Also you probably will like it turbo sound 95%of the time until you open it up then you can hear that EcoBeast

do you still have the oem resonator in your exhaust?

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    No I don't. From the turbo, into a 3in SS MBRP no cat down pipe. Into my stock muffler, 3inch mandrel bend about 45ish degrees into a 3in Y out 2 oem stock muffler tips.

2014 Screw FX2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links