Anyone have a Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover??

This is a discussion on Anyone have a Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover?? within the F150 Ecoboost Accessories forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Going on vacation soon, and would like to keep luggage in the bed out of the rain. Found a pretty good local deal on a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone have a Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover??

Member #
    Liked
    43 times

Going on vacation soon, and would like to keep luggage in the bed out of the rain. Found a pretty good local deal on a used soft roll up Tonneau cover for 100 bucks. Anyone have one or use in the past, good or bad??

Member #
    Liked
    4328 times
    A hundred bucks is cheap. Worth a try. FYI...do not expect ANY tonno to be 100% water-PROOF. But most keep your stuff dry for the most part under normal use.

- Stage3-UPR-LET racing league winner!
    2013 XLT 2WD Supercab EcoBoost - 3.31 E-Locker - Sterling Grey - chrome package ejected - mods in process using my HAL9000 super computer

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Yea not looking to be 100% water proof, just don't need all the luggage being soaked. Think i mite try it out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2189 times
    Get it. Like Vol said, that's cheap. If its the Velcro kind tho, make sure that the Velcro is in good enough shape to latch properly. Mine (came on truck) is a little worn. Still does a great job of keeping 98% of the water out. I'd put luggage in mine for sure

2011 FX4 Luxury package Screw 5.5, 3.73, rear lift block delete, running board delete, tinted heads, dipped emblems, shorty antenna, tonneau cover, 33s on 20s. SSI tune

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Yea its the velcro type, ill double check to make sure its still holds well. Anyone ever install one?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I installed one on my truck about 3 weeks ago. it's a Lund velcro roll-up that I bought brand new at Farm and Fleet for $200. install is very simple, but if it's the same one I have, there are strips of double-sided tape that help seal them to the front and side rails.
    2014 F150 King Ranch - EcoBoost - 4x4 - Max Tow - 6.5' bed - Platinum white - bought new 9/20/14

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    I have a soft with velcro sides.... haven't gone through serious rain yet, but the bed is dry after a car wash... hehe..
    I would definately give it a go, mine is certainly leak tight enough to keep luggage from getting wet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    2013 F150 Screw Lariat
    Forged Pistons, Rods, Studded heads, BW Turbos, FR CAC, Rad, CAI, CC, DP's, Exhaust, Hand ported exhaust manifolds, meth
    Check out my build thread!
    http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...ld-thread.html

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Thanks for the info! it looks pretty simple to install. I'll post pics when i go pick it up.

Member #
    Liked
    4328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boost4life View Post
    Thanks for the info! it looks pretty simple to install. I'll post pics when i go pick it up.
    Might wanna stop by a hardware store or home center and pick up a roll of foam/gasket tape for the frame in case some of it's missing or damaged.
    ford4thot likes this.
    2013 XLT 2WD Supercab EcoBoost - 3.31 E-Locker - Sterling Grey - chrome package ejected - mods in process using my HAL9000 super computer

6IX

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Had my Access tonneau cover in heavy rain and snow while driving. Expect to get a bit of water leaking in along the gasket seal you should stick along the front edge of the bed (right behind the rear window). Some people use the extra stick on gasket to seal out the tailgate as well, but I've never noticed any water coming in through there. The water that does come in might drip on some of your gear, but mostly just runs down the side of the bed and along the recessed areas of the floor.

The soft covers are great for me because I need to cover gear and luggage when I travel, but still roll it out of the way when I want to haul my motorcycle. They are theft deterrent enough that someone would have to cut it and tear it open to steal your stuff, so thats enough for me to leave stuff in there during the day for temporary stops. At night I'll usually bring all the stuff in wherever I'm at.
    Last edited by 6IX; 10-30-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links