Smart phone controlled remote start alarm system.

This is a discussion on Smart phone controlled remote start alarm system. within the F150 Ecoboost Accessories forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Well I just picked up my new project. Ford has stepped up and is offering a smart phone controlled remote start/alarm system that is presumably ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Smart phone controlled remote start alarm system.

Member #
    Liked
    897 times

Well I just picked up my new project. Ford has stepped up and is offering a smart phone controlled remote start/alarm system that is presumably plug and play. I have one in hand and will be doing the install soon. From what I understand it will need to be programmed at the dealership's service center once its installed. Of course I will report back with progress and results.
    TraciInTexas likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Yes!

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    First update. Its FRICKIN' HOT. OK? I'm not going to be playing around in this ungodly heat. I did manage to locate all the mounting locations and wiring harness routes for the system. It won't take long to actually install. Ford and Code Alarm got that right. It is safe to say that its so easy that a caveman can do it. One thing I am unclear/unsure of is whether or not this system will send alerts to the phone if the alarm is triggered. That will be easy enough to figure out once it is in. I also see that there are options to self program the unit so it may not be necessary to have the dealer program it...I said "MAY NOT", that is still uncertain. Now to muster up some courage to face this heat.
    Last edited by Nasty Wendy; 06-04-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    513 times
    I was going to look into an aftermarket system when one of the parts techs told me about this. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I've had Viper SmartStart in the past, so I hope it's similar. Anyway, what's this thing called 'Hot'? It's currently 50 or so degrees here in AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Oxford White FX4 CCSB | 402A | 3.55 | S&B CAI & BBK TB | Leer Cap w/DZ TG Assist | DD 3.0 | Tint, Brow, Pinstripe | Interior LED Swap | OEM HD Flaps | Cold Weather Front & Winterization | Arc Rite Brush Guard & Rigid Lighting| JW Speaker 6146 Fogs | Build Thread

2008 Black Slate Pearl Mariner Premier | 303A | Moon & Tune | PIAA Heads/Fogs | Cold Weather Front & Winterization

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akmedic77 View Post
    I was going to look into an aftermarket system when one of the parts techs told me about this. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I've had Viper SmartStart in the past, so I hope it's similar. Anyway, what's this thing called 'Hot'? It's currently 50 or so degrees here in AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I was contemplating the aftermarket and the Viper system would have been my choice. This thing called HOT is the opposite of that imaginary thing you folk call Snow. Well anyway it is installed. Didn't take long at all. Just a matter of 14 or so minutes. I did what I think is the manual programming. I am currently on hold with AT&T. AT&T has to resolve a $139 overcharge on my bill. It took them 45minutes and a transfer to international to get it resolved. Now that its done I will activate the cell plan for the remote-start/alarm. Unfortunately I have to go get dinner ready so this may end up on the 'tomorrow' list. I'll report back when I have new info/news.

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    Confirmed that it will have to be programmed by the dealer. Installation was easy. Off to the dealership tomorrow.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Wendy View Post
    Well I just picked up my new project. Ford has stepped up and is offering a smart phone controlled remote start/alarm system that is presumably plug and play. I have one in hand and will be doing the install soon. From what I understand it will need to be programmed at the dealership's service center once its installed. Of course I will report back with progress and results.
    where can I get one!!! i would love this
    2013 FX4 Ecobeast, SuperCrew, Appearance package, Lux Package, Sunroof, Navigation, 3.55 rear, 5.5ft. bed, 170° T-Stat, SCT LivewireTS w/ MPT Custom Tunes, aFe stage 2 CAI, Heartthrob exhaust, AirBlue windshield (80% ceramic tint), 15% windows, three stickers that increasing overall horsepower by 50%, blacked out Ford logos to achieve stealth like a stealth fighter jet, missile and Mini-gun attachments...
    http://www.g25inc.com

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GJN25 View Post
    where can I get one!!! i would love this
    I got mine from my dealership's parts department. On the box it says 'Remote Access Kit' and the part number is DL3Z-19G364-A. The Parts Manager emailed me the installation instructions. I also had to get a 'TPM Antenna Kit', part number DA8Z-15603-A. It is unclear as to whether or not all trucks will need the antenna kit. Its possible that you may have this part on your truck already depending on what keyless/alarm/remote start system came with your truck. This is a brand-fricken-new option and the parts people don't have much info to share.
    TraciInTexas and jbro1999 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Thank you so much, I'm going to be ordering mine I already called the dealer this morning I'm going into pay for it so they can get it in asap it looks pretty awesome I'm excited about it. Can't wait to hear more about your experience with it and how it really works.
    dbleem likes this.
    2013 FX4 Ecobeast, SuperCrew, Appearance package, Lux Package, Sunroof, Navigation, 3.55 rear, 5.5ft. bed, 170° T-Stat, SCT LivewireTS w/ MPT Custom Tunes, aFe stage 2 CAI, Heartthrob exhaust, AirBlue windshield (80% ceramic tint), 15% windows, three stickers that increasing overall horsepower by 50%, blacked out Ford logos to achieve stealth like a stealth fighter jet, missile and Mini-gun attachments...
    http://www.g25inc.com

Member #
    Liked
    897 times
    Back from the dealership and everything is working flawlessly. One of the benefits of the system is that it is a full alarm. It seamlessly integrates with the keypad. You can arm the alarm system with your keyless entry remote (my truck came with keyless entry only), keypad, or cell phone and you can disarm it with either of these methods regardless of how you armed it. I have the system sending me email notification when the alarm is triggered and that is working nicely as well. I will set up the SMS/TEXT notification as well and report back. The interface that the app provides is neat and simple. If I were a camper I'd be a happy camper. It actually takes longer to do the programming and set up than it does to install the unit.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links