Battery saver- system off please start truck! - Page 4

Battery saver- system off please start truck!

This is a discussion on Battery saver- system off please start truck! within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Ours plays through a radio station you tune to. Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Battery saver- system off please start truck!

Member #
    Liked
    1677 times
    Ours plays through a radio station you tune to.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    rodgersfam1980 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    I kind of hate the battery saver junk. Let us play roulette if we so choose by blaring our music in the front yard while raking leaves! I can only have the radio playing with the truck off 20 or 30 minutes (just a guess) before I have to turn the truck on for a minute. I think it's too conservative. I like to go to a drive in movie where the sound plays through the vehicle speakers. It's kind of rude to fire up every 30 minutes.

Good luck, lol

2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 with a few goodies

Quote Originally Posted by erick View Post
    Does a s&b intake need a tune to make it work because im running one on stock tune and it made it slow

Member #
    Liked
    1677 times
    Your point? I don't quite follow. Lol

And don't go all miles on me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    780 times
    [QUOTE=Mr B;574226]
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    A way to bypass the battery saver mode without having to "tune" your truck, as long as your battery and generator are in good operating condition, is to unplug the inductive pickup at the negative battery cable right by the battery. This will allow the alternator to work like a normal alternator.
    I think Ford's idea to implement this on

have pics of this all illusive inductive pickup cable? I been having this issue now for over a year now, with or without tune
    Here you go.Name:  _20161226_214905.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  1.57 MBName:  _20161226_214656.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  1.67 MB
    Last edited by noodles; 12-26-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    Mr B likes this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    2101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    Your point? I don't quite follow. Lol

And don't go all miles on me.

What I was referring to, was that you may be lucky enough to get 10 minutes out of your radio before it went into battery saver.

2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 with a few goodies

Quote Originally Posted by erick View Post
    Does a s&b intake need a tune to make it work because im running one on stock tune and it made it slow

Member #
    Liked
    1677 times
    Ahh. Well then that's even worse. It's way too conservative. And the 2.7 has sort of a hybrid deep cycle/starting sort of battery.

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Well Merry Christmas to me from my truck. After sitting for 3 days the battery is dead. Remote start made a ratcheting sound (starter) for about 2 seconds then nothing not even a honk for a failed start. Tried key start. Nothing. Pulled out a 12 volt garden tractor battery(new) and truck started. Scan Gauge II shows charging at 14.4 volts. Drove a round trip of about 150 kms without shutting it off. Charge stayed at 14.2 - 14.4 volts the whole trip. I've been having the "Battery Saver" message for about 3 years. I even put a trickle charger on it but I forgot over Christmas. Right now I have the charger on the battery. When I first learned about the BMS, I used FORScan to reset the BMS. It would only last about a day of working properly and then go back to 14.4 volts all the time. My battery is 5 years old now and I'm thinking it may be time for a new one. Does anyone have any experience with Optima batteries in Fords? I had one in a Dakota and it lasted till I sold that truck.
    rodgersfam1980 likes this.
    2011 FX2 Natural Gas Conversion, Unichip Controller, Line X bed liner, Tonneau Tri Fold, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Under Bumper LED Reverse Lights, Dual Remote Oil Filter, RX Catch Can, HID Driving Lights, Clear Turn Bulbs, Kicker Upgraded Stereo, USB II Mod, Boost Gauge, 3DXpider Floor Mats, Hood Protector, Vent Shades, LED Interior Lights, Scan Gauge II, Upgraded Smartphone Remote Start, PowerStop OEM Rotors with Z16 Pads Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Drilled CAC Weep Hole thru Support.

Member #
    Liked
    780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker80 View Post
    Well Merry Christmas to me from my truck. After sitting for 3 days the battery is dead. Remote start made a ratcheting sound (starter) for about 2 seconds then nothing not even a honk for a failed start. Tried key start. Nothing. Pulled out a 12 volt garden tractor battery(new) and truck started. Scan Gauge II shows charging at 14.4 volts. Drove a round trip of about 150 kms without shutting it off. Charge stayed at 14.2 - 14.4 volts the whole trip. I've been having the "Battery Saver" message for about 3 years. I even put a trickle charger on it but I forgot over Christmas. Right now I have the charger on the battery. When I first learned about the BMS, I used FORScan to reset the BMS. It would only last about a day of working properly and then go back to 14.4 volts all the time. My battery is 5 years old now and I'm thinking it may be time for a new one. Does anyone have any experience with Optima batteries in Fords? I had one in a Dakota and it lasted till I sold that truck.
    Optimas have gotten pretty bad over the last 2 years or so. Luckily they have good warranty, but I have a friend that got fed up with his optimas going bad.
    I've had good luck in other vehicles with the Everstart MAXX from walmart. My neighbour with a 2012 F150 ecoboost just replaced his with the same.
    winchested likes this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    1818 times
    Walmart and Costco batteries have some of the highest ratings you can get for lifetime working.
    Beaker80 likes this.
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

Member #
    Liked
    1677 times
    I've had good luck with everstart Maxx batteries too. I worked at Walmart and bought two big batteries at a time for 8 years and got 10% off so you best believe I got them at WM. Now that I no longer work there I think I'll still run those batteries.

The warranty is good too. And they honor it.

15boost2.7 likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links