Battery saver- system off please start truck! - Page 5

Battery saver- system off please start truck!

This is a discussion on Battery saver- system off please start truck! within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by winchested Walmart and Costco batteries have some of the highest ratings you can get for lifetime working. I am a Costco member ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Battery saver- system off please start truck!

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    Walmart and Costco batteries have some of the highest ratings you can get for lifetime working.
    I am a Costco member so I'll check out their prices and Walmart is just down the road too.
    Looks like Costco doesn't sell Kirkland batteries anymore (at least online). They show Exide. I'll still go and check them out. I was sure I saw Kirkland batteries in the fall.
    Last edited by Beaker80; 12-27-2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added Exide.
    rodgersfam1980 likes this.
    2011 FX2 Natural Gas Conversion, Unichip Controller, Line X bed liner, Tonneau Tri Fold, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Under Bumper LED Reverse Lights, Dual Remote Oil Filter, RX Catch Can, HID Driving Lights, Clear Turn Bulbs, Kicker Upgraded Stereo, USB II Mod, Boost Gauge, 3DXpider Floor Mats, Hood Protector, Vent Shades, LED Interior Lights, Scan Gauge II, Upgraded Smartphone Remote Start, PowerStop OEM Rotors with Z16 Pads Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Drilled CAC Weep Hole thru Support.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Costco Canada wants 118.98 plus refundable 10.00 core charge plus taxes for a Kirkland battery. The only kind they sell. 100 month warranty. I didn't read the full details. date of Manufacture 11/16. I had mine on a trickle charger overnight and it remote started fine this morning. Made several trips and remote started each one. I also reset the battery monitor thru FORScan but it was always charging, even on two 70 km trips. Came home and put the trickle back on and its showing charging which is typical for this battery. I'm going to wait a couple of days before biting the bullet on a new battery.
    Last edited by Beaker80; 12-29-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Manufacture date, price
    noodles likes this.
    2011 FX2 Natural Gas Conversion, Unichip Controller, Line X bed liner, Tonneau Tri Fold, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Under Bumper LED Reverse Lights, Dual Remote Oil Filter, RX Catch Can, HID Driving Lights, Clear Turn Bulbs, Kicker Upgraded Stereo, USB II Mod, Boost Gauge, 3DXpider Floor Mats, Hood Protector, Vent Shades, LED Interior Lights, Scan Gauge II, Upgraded Smartphone Remote Start, PowerStop OEM Rotors with Z16 Pads Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Drilled CAC Weep Hole thru Support.

Member #
    Liked
    1797 times
    That's pretty cheap up here. Can't even come close to that at crappy tire or napa.

Mine has a Walmart Everstart Maxx. Oem battery was toast after 2.5 years.
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker80 View Post
    Costco Canada wants 112.98 plus refundable 10.00 core charge plus taxes for a Kirkland battery. The only kind they sell. 100 month warranty. I didn't read the full details. date of Manufacture 11/16. I had mine on a trickle charger overnight and it remote started fine this morning. Made several trips and remote started each one. I also reset the battery monitor thru FORScan but it was always charging, even on two 70 km trips. Came home and put the trickle back on and its showing charging which is typical for this battery. I'm going to wait a couple of days before biting the bullet on a new battery.
    I would jump on that battery before the New Year increases kick in. If your battery is losing charge after 3 days, it's time for a new one. It will also cause the alternator to work harder because the battery isn't holding charge the way it should. Just my 2 cents.
    mwemaxxowner and Mr B like this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    1594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I would jump on that battery before the New Year increases kick in. If your battery is losing charge after 3 days, it's time for a new one. It will also cause the alternator to work harder because the battery isn't holding charge the way it should. Just my 2 cents.
    Noodles knows what he's talking about sometimes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    570 times
    [QUOTE=noodles;576290]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Noodles, Does this really work? How long have you had this unplugged on your pickup? How did you learn about it?
    2013 XLT Ecoboost 4x4 6.5' Box SCrew - Tuxedo Black, Grey Interior - 3.73 Max Tow, Backup Camera, Skid Plates -2" Leveling Kit, 2" AAL, Box Side Step, Tail Gate Step

1/2 ton Fords......doing the work of 3/4 ton Chevys since 2011!

Member #
    Liked
    570 times
    Prob one of the best mods besides the CAC hole!
    2013 XLT Ecoboost 4x4 6.5' Box SCrew - Tuxedo Black, Grey Interior - 3.73 Max Tow, Backup Camera, Skid Plates -2" Leveling Kit, 2" AAL, Box Side Step, Tail Gate Step

Member #
    Liked
    722 times
    [QUOTE=Sub_Elect;578913]

Noodles, Does this really work? How long have you had this unplugged on your pickup? How did you learn about it?
    I had it unplugged for about 2 years, until recently I got a custom tune from Unleashed asking for the "battery warning fix".
    I have a bit of knowledge with automotive stuff, and seeing how we have an "on-demand" alternator, I hooked up my scan tool to see what the alternator does, and sure enough at times it only delivers 11.9v, as desired. If you only do a drive without the need for the alternator to charge the battery at over 14v, then it may enable the safety cut off.
    With it unplugged, it bypasses the BMS, and relies on the voltage regulator to charge the battery like a normal system, always putting out 14.4v-14.9v.
    It does set off an internal DTC, which can be seen with Forscan, or IDS, but does not give you a check engine light.
    Sub_Elect and Mr B like this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    570 times
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Going early tomorrow to get one. It's 2 minutes from my house. Costco, as usual was packed and I didn't want to wait. Was on a search mission. Just as a reference. Princess Auto has Pro Point batteries made in Korea with only a 2 year warranty for 135.00! I use a lot of their tools and stuff but I'll stay away from their car batteries. Lawn mower batteries are different. If it fails it's beer time!

Had a moment of clarity.......went and got a new battery. It's in the heated garage on the trickle charger and was showing fully charged. There's tomorrows job, battery install and FORScan BMS reset. I'm interested to see if the BMS works properly now. I've only seen it work as designed a few times and usually only for a day.
    Last edited by Beaker80; 12-28-2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Battery Buy

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links