Battery saver- system off please start truck!

This is a discussion on Battery saver- system off please start truck! within the F150 Ecoboost Problems forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; My truck sat for a few days while I was on vacation, when I went to start it, it was dead. I trickle charged for ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Battery saver- system off please start truck!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

My truck sat for a few days while I was on vacation, when I went to start it, it was dead. I trickle charged for half a day it started fine checked out put from the alternator and it was 14.4 v. The next day got the message on the navigation screen battery saver. I had the battery tested said was fine but exchanged it for a new 1 anyway. Still having the message come on.Took it to the dealership said the electrically system checked fine, did an amp dry test and it was within specs. Got home and the next day received the same message. Anyone else have this issue?
    2011 platinum, AFE cai & cold side Down tube,Wagner Evo cac, Diablo trinity tuner, MagnaFlow 3" exhuast,catch can, 2" leveling kit, bushwacker fender flares.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes, I just started getting the message. Mine got the message after use, not sitting. I had the truck in the shop for another issue and told them about they said the battery tested good. I was getting voltage reading in the low 12's and upper 11's. I know that is not correct. There are threads on this, just haven't taken time to search them out yet.
    2016 F150 XLT 5.0 Metallic Magnetic

RIP-2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Blue Jean Metallic

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I haven't been getting the system warning but I've been having some strange things happen with my radio and door sensors. Replaced my battery, which was leaking from negative terminal, I had also noticed that voltage would start 14.2-14.6 then after 20-30 mins it would drop in to high 12s to low 13s. Radio problems and door sensor issues have decreased but not gone away. Voltage does the same thing with the new battery so I'm thinking its the alternator... pretty cheap fix haha

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'll check the forum for the issue a little better thanks for the info big Al, not sure where you live Tdavis but checked and a alterealtor in Colorado cost $344.00 lol but might be worth ithe if you don't have to deal with the dealership!
    2011 platinum, AFE cai & cold side Down tube,Wagner Evo cac, Diablo trinity tuner, MagnaFlow 3" exhuast,catch can, 2" leveling kit, bushwacker fender flares.

Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamplatinum View Post
    My truck sat for a few days while I was on vacation, when I went to start it, it was dead. I trickle charged for half a day it started fine checked out put from the alternator and it was 14.4 v. The next day got the message on the navigation screen battery saver. I had the battery tested said was fine but exchanged it for a new 1 anyway. Still having the message come on.Took it to the dealership said the electrically system checked fine, did an amp dry test and it was within specs. Got home and the next day received the same message...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al XLT View Post
    Yes, I just started getting the message...
    Hi, folks!

How many miles are on your trucks? I'll research some options to help out with this pesky message.

Crystal

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It is not just the pesky message, it is that the dealer says there is nothing wrong. I have 12,600 miles. I haven't checked the voltage since I got it back form the dealer yesterday, but I know they put a charger on it so I likely won't see the message or low voltage for a bit. Upper 12's was normal for me for voltage for a long time, now lower 12's and upper 11's?? Not right at all. The battery supposedly tested fine. I don't believe it is the battery.
    2016 F150 XLT 5.0 Metallic Magnetic

RIP-2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Blue Jean Metallic

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello,
    I just purchased a used 2012 f150 platinum ecoboost.
    I am having the same battery saver issue. (its in the dealership for the 2nd time right now)
    Glad I bought the extended warranty when it bought it from the dealership.
    They cant seem to figure this out...
    im starting to think I will never get to take the family to a drive in again.
    Very frustrating.

Ecoboost Regular Damn Dirty Ape's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Same issue here, seen the message twice now.
    2014 F-150 FX4 SuperCab. Oxford White.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I have been experiencing the messages on my 2014 also for the last month. Did supposed reset and accomplished nothing. Checked battery resting voltage usually 12.3-12.5 after setting overnight. Made appointment for today and yesterday it started working properly. Let it set overnight and is still ok, no point in taking it in. Checked resting battery voltage and again is is 12.3v same as before but now system is happy and no battery warnings. This system causes more problems than it worth.
    2014 ECO Lariat

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dealer just called..said they checked batt and alt and did relearn...same as last time.
    this is not a fix...not happy.
    2012 F-150 PLATINUM ECOBOOST

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links