4 evenly spaced circles on my windshield

This is a discussion on 4 evenly spaced circles on my windshield within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; these circles appear to be between the layers of glass,they won't rub off or clean off from inside or outside the truck. Depending on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 4 evenly spaced circles on my windshield

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

4 evenly spaced circles on my windshield

these circles appear to be between the layers of glass,they won't rub off or clean off from inside or outside the truck. Depending on the light and temperature they come and go .Has anybody else seen these things ? I think they might be robot hand prints
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bigsteve57; 07-11-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    330 times
    I have the same thing although only 1. I assumed that it was a suction cup mark between the glass and the safety coating. I also think that it was caused by a robot suction cup used during manufacture. The one on my truck is directly in front of the drivers seat in my line of sight just slightly to the left of the drivers centerline. It doesn't bother me enough to complain yet, but come winter when the windows fog I am sure it will bug me more.

SPPD
    2013 Oxford White F-150 XLT 4X2 Screw 5.5 box EcoBeast ~ 301A, MaxTow 3.73 elct rear locker, XLT Chrome Pkg. (Bone Stock)
    ProPride P3
    2013 Palomino SolAire 317 BHSK

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    This should be covered under warranty, however glass warranty does have much shorter warranty period than the initial bumper to bumper time frame. So if you want to get it taken care of, don't put it off.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I've seen that from a suction cup for a phone holder in one of our cars. No matter what I did I couldn't get it cleaned, fortunately it was in the middle. I quit using them after that.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Those are the suction cup marks from the machine that they use to install the glass at the factory. You can use a clay bar to get them off or some serious glass cleaner.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Some serious cleaner and some elbow grease. That is all that I can suggest.
    2012 Ingot Silver FX4 Ecoboost, Super Crew, max tow package, VisionX 6500 Lumin flood light, aFe 4" Mach Force Cat Back Exhaust, aFe Stage 2 CAI, aFe Bladerunner Charge Pipe, BBK 73mm throttle Body.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Ford has agreed to replace the windshield under warranty, The dealer tried to remove the circles but couldn't. The 5'' circles are most evident when it's cool outside and I turn on the heater. The windshield warms up and then they dissapear only to return later

Future Republic of North Western English Columbia
    Member #
    Liked
    562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve57 View Post
    these circles appear to be between the layers of glass,they won't rub off or clean off from inside or outside the truck. Depending on the light and temperature they come and go .Has anybody else seen these things ? I think they might be robot hand prints
    DAMN! I was going to say "Very Small Alien Crop Circles".
    TeamLove, Kc311 and Mark H. like this.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s, 36 Gallon Fuel Tank ... not quite a virgin anymore

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Dammit, you beat me to it!! I was going to ask if he had been probbed lately .....

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Those are definitely the Robot vacuum cups we use. Interesting that they left marks.
    I work at the Ford Stamping plant., I definitely recognize the prints
    Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links