Hidden Winch

This is a discussion on Hidden Winch within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Anyone seen or know of a kit that will allow for a hidden winch in the bumper on the Ecoboosts? My understanding is they don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Hidden Winch

  1. #1
    Rookie Blainrobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    518
    Liked
    1 times

    Hidden Winch

    Anyone seen or know of a kit that will allow for a hidden winch in the bumper on the Ecoboosts? My understanding is they don't work on the ecoboost due to the inter cooler but certainly someone will figure this out....

  2. #2
    Rookie 2011f150screw4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    143
    its made by rough country

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Kc311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,112
    Member #
    801
    Liked
    944 times
    There's front bumpers made to hold a winch.
    Road armor has nice ones... Road ArmorŪ :: 2009-2012 Ford F-150 Front Stealth Winch Bumper with Pre-Runner Guard
    Tuned by Erick @ Leading Edge Tuning.

  4. #4
    Ecoboost Veteran lilcrazyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    372
    Member #
    1413
    Liked
    85 times
    Any winch mounted in front of the intercooler will block a lot of air to it. I plan to run a winch and installed Full Race's front mount intercooler which moves it from the factory location to behind the grille. The next thing for me to do is get the rough country hidden winch plate and then install it and a winch.

  5. #5
    Ecoboost Regular Boatwaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    176
    Member #
    43
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcrazyone View Post
    Any winch mounted in front of the intercooler will block a lot of air to it. I plan to run a winch and installed Full Race's front mount intercooler which moves it from the factory location to behind the grille. The next thing for me to do is get the rough country hidden winch plate and then install it and a winch.
    I checked out the Full Race kit. Too steep for me, but I have no plans to install a winch. But it's good to know of a relocation kit.
    Got any pics of your installation to share?

  6. #6
    Ecoboost Veteran lilcrazyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    372
    Member #
    1413
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatwaco View Post

    I checked out the Full Race kit. Too steep for me, but I have no plans to install a winch. But it's good to know of a relocation kit.
    Got any pics of your installation to share?
    Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  7. #7
    Ecoboost Jr Member slaveoftems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40
    Member #
    1783
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcrazyone View Post
    Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.
    reviving this thread.. I'm thinking of doing exactly this to my truck when it arrives.. any pictures of the truck with the full race intercooler and the rough country hidden winch installed?
    2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 157.0" FX4, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, Electronic Locking w/ 3.73 Axle Ratio, 402A Luxury Package, FX Appearance Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, Power Moonroof, Navigation System, Tailgate Step, Drop-In Bed Liner.

  8. #8
    Ecoboost Veteran lilcrazyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    372
    Member #
    1413
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slaveoftems View Post

    reviving this thread.. I'm thinking of doing exactly this to my truck when it arrives.. any pictures of the truck with the full race intercooler and the rough country hidden winch installed?
    Nope, I've since decided to get a f350 6.7l diesel before I ever ordered the hidden winch plate or the winch.

  9. #9
    Ecoboost Jr Member slaveoftems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40
    Member #
    1783
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcrazyone View Post
    Nope, I've since decided to get a f350 6.7l diesel before I ever ordered the hidden winch plate or the winch.
    well then.. so much for the revival.. but congrats on the new ride
    2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 157.0" FX4, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, Electronic Locking w/ 3.73 Axle Ratio, 402A Luxury Package, FX Appearance Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, Power Moonroof, Navigation System, Tailgate Step, Drop-In Bed Liner.

  10. #10
    Ecoboost Sr Member shadow35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Morrisville, NY
    Posts
    60
    Member #
    1376
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcrazyone View Post
    Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.
    Have you noticed an increase in your engine temp or oil temp? Seeing it ia fully covering the radiator and seems like it would affect the air flow.
    2013 F-150 FX4 3.5L Eco, Max Tow (3.73), Just protectant spray so far and a hard folding tonneau cover (Bak Flip G2)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2013 fx4 winch mounting plate
,
2014 f150 eco boost road armor
,
2014 f150 whinch bumper
,
ecoboost hidden winch
,

f150 ecoboost winch

,
how to mount a winch on a 2013 f-150 with a tow bar
,
winch mounts for ecoboost
,
winches for a ford eco boost
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Connect with us: F150 Ecoboost Forum on Twitter F150 Ecoboost Forum on Facebook F150 Ecoboost Forum RSS Feed
Find us on Google+