Hidden Winch

This is a discussion on Hidden Winch within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Anyone seen or know of a kit that will allow for a hidden winch in the bumper on the Ecoboosts? My understanding is they don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Winch

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hidden Winch

Anyone seen or know of a kit that will allow for a hidden winch in the bumper on the Ecoboosts? My understanding is they don't work on the ecoboost due to the inter cooler but certainly someone will figure this out....

Member #
    its made by rough country

Member #
    Liked
    944 times
    There's front bumpers made to hold a winch.
    Road armor has nice ones... Road ArmorŪ :: 2009-2012 Ford F-150 Front Stealth Winch Bumper with Pre-Runner Guard
    Tuned by Erick @ Leading Edge Tuning.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Any winch mounted in front of the intercooler will block a lot of air to it. I plan to run a winch and installed Full Race's front mount intercooler which moves it from the factory location to behind the grille. The next thing for me to do is get the rough country hidden winch plate and then install it and a winch.

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcrazyone View Post
    Any winch mounted in front of the intercooler will block a lot of air to it. I plan to run a winch and installed Full Race's front mount intercooler which moves it from the factory location to behind the grille. The next thing for me to do is get the rough country hidden winch plate and then install it and a winch.
    I checked out the Full Race kit. Too steep for me, but I have no plans to install a winch. But it's good to know of a relocation kit.
    Got any pics of your installation to share?

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatwaco View Post

I checked out the Full Race kit. Too steep for me, but I have no plans to install a winch. But it's good to know of a relocation kit.
    Got any pics of your installation to share?
    Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Yeah it was a little pricey, but I was part of the initial buy and got it at a discounted price.
    reviving this thread.. I'm thinking of doing exactly this to my truck when it arrives.. any pictures of the truck with the full race intercooler and the rough country hidden winch installed?
    2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 157.0" FX4, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, Electronic Locking w/ 3.73 Axle Ratio, 402A Luxury Package, FX Appearance Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, Power Moonroof, Navigation System, Tailgate Step, Drop-In Bed Liner.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slaveoftems View Post

reviving this thread.. I'm thinking of doing exactly this to my truck when it arrives.. any pictures of the truck with the full race intercooler and the rough country hidden winch installed?
    Nope, I've since decided to get a f350 6.7l diesel before I ever ordered the hidden winch plate or the winch.

Member #
    Nope, I've since decided to get a f350 6.7l diesel before I ever ordered the hidden winch plate or the winch.
    well then.. so much for the revival.. but congrats on the new ride
    2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab 157.0" FX4, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, Electronic Locking w/ 3.73 Axle Ratio, 402A Luxury Package, FX Appearance Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, Power Moonroof, Navigation System, Tailgate Step, Drop-In Bed Liner.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Have you noticed an increase in your engine temp or oil temp? Seeing it ia fully covering the radiator and seems like it would affect the air flow.
    2013 F-150 FX4 3.5L Eco, Max Tow (3.73), Just protectant spray so far and a hard folding tonneau cover (Bak Flip G2)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links