Another Amsoil win - Page 3

Another Amsoil win

This is a discussion on Another Amsoil win within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by noodles LSPI is not a new phenomenon, and doesn't just happen with DI engines. All forced induction engines suffer from LSPI. DI ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Another Amsoil win

Member #
    Liked
    427 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    LSPI is not a new phenomenon, and doesn't just happen with DI engines. All forced induction engines suffer from LSPI. DI is just more prone because the blowby isn't being diluted with fuel from MPFI.
    If oil isn't getting into the combustion chamber, then there's little chance of LSPI happening.
    The research I did on LSPI took me all night one day. You pretty much explained it in 3 sentences. It sure makes me think one of the best things you could have done is break in your engine right from the beginning.
    2013 XLT.
    No condensation problem.
    No brake problems.
    No transmission problems.
    No fuel in the oil
    No issues

Member #
    Liked
    1155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    LSPI is not a new phenomenon, and doesn't just happen with DI engines. All forced induction engines suffer from LSPI. DI is just more prone because the blowby isn't being diluted with fuel from MPFI.
    If oil isn't getting into the combustion chamber, then there's little chance of LSPI happening.
    Soooooooooooooo you're saying to take all of the oil out of our trucks???
    mwemaxxowner likes this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18

Member #
    Liked
    1155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    It sounds like it'll be a market standard that most all synthetic oils will have to meet. No?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I would think so. Especially since most manufacturers are going to DI and FI to meet stricter government requirements.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Little confusing though, because there they say it already provides 100% protection against lspi.

per the gm dexos2015 standard
    Lets do some math, GT's flow 30lbs/min x2 turbos = 60lbs/min x 10hp per pound = 600 engine hp x .85 for drive train loss = 510rwhp in a perfect world = what Full Race made on the freak-o-boost pushed to the limits of the GT's and stock HPFP

Member #
    Liked
    926 times
    My understand is Amsoil SS current formulation meets GM 2017 LSPI standards and they will continue to develop the oil to meet higher LSPI standards that are coming for 18+ if necessary.

Pretty simple to avoid LSPI is to accel each time from a light not too easy and to use the shift lock out feature in towns, when traffic is slow etc to stay in lower gear.

I have been running Amsoil SS, catch can and intercooler since day one and I still stand by this combination. I am currently trying to go 10K on my oil change( I am doing this based on oil analysis)

Member #
    Liked
    1836 times
    For me it comes when driving 55-60 and I speed up some, or climb a hill. It doesn't want to downshift and I have to manually pull it down when I'm coming up on a hill. We've mostly tuned that out. But the truck still tries to resist shifting.

Member #
    Liked
    926 times
    For me it comes when driving 55-60 and I speed up some, or climb a hill. It doesn't want to downshift and I have to manually pull it down when I'm coming up on a hill. We've mostly tuned that out. But the truck still tries to resist shifting.

yes, just push the neg to go into 5th, this is what I am referring to. I will normally let off gas for second, blip down into gear then gas again.

It depends on speed, but i stay in 6th on hills most of the time. If i feed it some gas, it stays in 6th but just unlocks the converter it feels like. I also have some mechanical advantage with the 4.10s. If i am going fast enough, the converter will stay locked and it is just fine bc I am at enough rpms.

Member #
    Liked
    1836 times
    The motor is fine with it power wise. It'll just boost and pull the hills at 1500 rpms no sweat. I think this is why it tries to do it without downshifting. I've almost learned which hills I have to manually pull it down on and which I don't.

Still, it'd be nice to just put it in D and go like I'm supposed to. Maybe with these new oil formulations it won't be necessary. I already run the current signature series.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links