Sync 3 problems - Page 2

Sync 3 problems

This is a discussion on Sync 3 problems within the 2016 Ford F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum category; My last auto sync update was on 7/24/2016. It would appear the most recent version available is 1.0....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sync 3 problems

Ecoboost Jr Member Urban Assault's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    My last auto sync update was on 7/24/2016. It would appear the most recent version available is 1.0.
    Urban Assault
    2016 F150 Platinum 3.5
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 1 Lift * Fuel Hostage 20" * Pro Comp AT Sport 35's * MBRP Cat Back ​* Bushwacker Extend-A-Flare

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hi_c View Post
    I've read other threads where the new Sync 3 system will act up but after 2-3 restarts it goes back to normal. I've owned my truck for nearly 2 months and 3,000 miles. My Sync 3 is acting up again.

Acting up: the music/stereo portion of Sync 3 show the power is off, but actually retains last FM station. I can change volume, but that's it. Also, the voice recognition doesn't function.

Does anyone have a better fix? I've master reset 3 times and still not working. What causes this? When will Ford update software? Crappy $45,000 system.
    I had this happen earlier this week. I did the master reset and it seemed to work. The next morning it was normal again. I reached out to a couple of F150Forum members for any additional work the user can do, but I still haven't heard anything back as of yet.
    2016 F-150 Lariat SCrew 4x4 | RUBY RED | 3.5L EB |http://nathan8623.le-vel.com

Ecoboost Jr Member Urban Assault's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I have been having some similar issues with sync3. Sometimes the audio will power off and cannot be turned back on. I think the glitch may occur when you have the auto bluetooth turned on in your cell phone. I turned off the bluetooth in the cell phone and and when I came back to the car it worked again.Seemed like the glitch has something to do with the phone and sync 3 trying to auto sync up. You can also try shutting off bluetooth in cellphone and deleting from sync 3, and then add it back. Seemed to work for me, worth a shot.
    Urban Assault
    2016 F150 Platinum 3.5
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 1 Lift * Fuel Hostage 20" * Pro Comp AT Sport 35's * MBRP Cat Back ​* Bushwacker Extend-A-Flare

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Assault View Post
    I have been having some similar issues with sync3. Sometimes the audio will power off and cannot be turned back on. I think the glitch may occur when you have the auto bluetooth turned on in your cell phone. I turned off the bluetooth in the cell phone and and when I came back to the car it worked again.Seemed like the glitch has something to do with the phone and sync 3 trying to auto sync up. You can also try shutting off bluetooth in cellphone and deleting from sync 3, and then add it back. Seemed to work for me, worth a shot.
    Yes, I agree it seems to be related to a paired phone. Has happened to me two more times in the past month.
    2016 Lariat 2.7EB 4x4 Silver

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hi_c View Post
    Yes, I agree it seems to be related to a paired phone. Has happened to me two more times in the past month.
    Same experience here. Typically occurs when running the Pandora app. The last time it occurred, SYNC completely froze. I held down the power button (radio on/off), the screen turned black, and the unit reset itself while driving. I did not have to turn the turn the ignition to turn off the vehicle. After the reset there has been no issues since.

Member #
    This has happened to me as well. 3 times in the last 2.5 weeks. Took it to the dealer and they offered a hard reset. After showing up to the appointment they offered an option of a hard reset or to give them some time to actually try to fix it. After about an hour and a half, they came back to me with an offer to replace the unit. Called it an "a-pin" I think. Truck is a 2016 3.5l 2.5 weeks old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    This is an irritating issue...especially if your about to hit the road and need tunes. I've taken my 2016 F150 Lariat SCREW to the dealership twice, and they claimed to have "updated the firmware" on the SYNC 3 system...but it still happens. As much as we pay for our new toys, this is a defect that needs to be addressed. Here's a pic of the "Ah sh*t" screen when this issue occurs for me.

.Name:  IMG_0592.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  75.0 KB

Member #
    I had an issue with sync 3 and Android Auto a week ago where I was unable to press the button to access the voice system, on the sync 3 screen the microphone in the upper right corner was muted. Playing with the phone it gave me a "microphone option turned off, change settings to allow microphone access" or something similar to that, not exactly sure the exact quote. Looking through settings on phone and truck I was unable to find a microphone access selection. After about a half hour of trying different things I finally un-installed Android Auto, then re-installed Android Auto, and deleted the phone from the sync 3 and re-connected. That got it working again. I don't use the feature all that often, usually for longer trips. But it has worked 3 times since then without issues. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    1594 times
    At least you have AA!

Most of us are waiting

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1594 times
    Sync 3 seems to be but a shadow of its predecessor.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links