2.7 EB long term updates (normal guy) - Page 3

2.7 EB long term updates (normal guy)

This is a discussion on 2.7 EB long term updates (normal guy) within the 2016 Ford F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Update: after 1 month 3037 miles, avg mpg for life of engine 22 mpg. Hours on engine: 87, idle 14. My overall impression of the ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 2.7 EB long term updates (normal guy)

Member #
    Liked
    31 times

Update: after 1 month 3037 miles, avg mpg for life of engine 22 mpg. Hours on engine: 87, idle 14.

My overall impression of the truck is good. I'm learning to adapt to the truck and the things it does and doesn't do. The 2.7 is growing on me and I have had no problems from the drivetrain. Oil change at just shy of 2K miles and this will be changed at 5K. Depending on my used oil analysis I will adjust my intervals maybe going to 7500 if the oil holds up.
    Minimal towing for me, just around the farm when we go to visit on holidays and weekends, mostly a daily driver family truckster. Daily drive is 36 miles one way on freeway with commuter traffic. I should be flashing off any fuel in the oil with my drive. Hopefully after the holidays I can stop putting so many miles on my truck. I really wanted at least two years out of the BTB warranty.
    Minor things that bother me. The lighted vanity mirrors not being standard are really a cheap move by Ford in my opinion. And the 8inch dash instrument cluster should be included on the 302A package. All minor gripes but a valid issue for a truck that sells north of 30K!
    Asking Santa for some swing out toolboxes and that looks to be my last mod I'm gonna do.

Long term test in progress.
    15boost2.7 likes this.
    2016 SCrew 2wd XLT 302A Tow pkg 3.31 EL rear Blue Jeans

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdog02 View Post

Update: after 1 month 3037 miles, avg mpg for life of engine 22 mpg. Hours on engine: 87, idle 14.

My overall impression of the truck is good. I'm learning to adapt to the truck and the things it does and doesn't do. The 2.7 is growing on me and I have had no problems from the drivetrain. Oil change at just shy of 2K miles and this will be changed at 5K. Depending on my used oil analysis I will adjust my intervals maybe going to 7500 if the oil holds up.
    Minimal towing for me, just around the farm when we go to visit on holidays and weekends, mostly a daily driver family truckster. Daily drive is 36 miles one way on freeway with commuter traffic. I should be flashing off any fuel in the oil with my drive. Hopefully after the holidays I can stop putting so many miles on my truck. I really wanted at least two years out of the BTB warranty.
    Minor things that bother me. The lighted vanity mirrors not being standard are really a cheap move by Ford in my opinion. And the 8inch dash instrument cluster should be included on the 302A package. All minor gripes but a valid issue for a truck that sells north of 30K!
    Asking Santa for some swing out toolboxes and that looks to be my last mod I'm gonna do.

Long term test in progress.
    100 percent agree with the 8 inch screen! Such BS for such an expensive truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Tdog02 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Had an impromptu road trip yesterday for a family errand. Add another 700 miles.
    I'm really beginning to appreciate all the areas for storage in the doors and console, well done Ford.

Windy in our area during road trip, speeds up to 80 mph, mostly 70's... 23.7 MPG.
    Getting good mileage while trying to hurry, I'm enjoying ecoboost ownership.
    mwemaxxowner likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Happy Thanksgiving! (much to be grateful for today)

Update: washed the truck at a carwash yesterday... hard to get the cab dryed off for sure. I haven't had a vehicle this large to take care of since having a company provided 06 Expedition. Lots of real estate to hand wash and I flat ran out of time to wax. Drying is a 3 towel job for sure, and to get the windows dryed off requires some ingenuity. Nice to have an F150 to complain about but I can see how my truck won't be getting washed as often.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    So today I went to the dealership to get two transponder keys cut. The counter guys really don't know much about any vehicle they write a ticket on so it took a little convincing to help them understand it could be done without reprogramming all the keys.

So, $10 bucks a key to cut and I'm in business. I had already purchased the keys online, part number on pic.

Less than $10 per key, $10 to cut per key. Add $40 to my total= $637

Easy to program in your driveway IF you have both fobs from Ford. 5 minutes, see page 73 of manual.
    Last edited by Tdog02; 03-08-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    CamoBlaze and txwildcat like this.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Oh yeah, while I was there I picked up a plastic oil pan plug for the 2.7.

Cheap! Add $3 bucks to my total (I rounded up) =$641.

This looks to be new old stock, part had been redesigned a couple of times but will still fit. Next oil change I will post side by side pic to show the difference. Not really a big deal to me as this is a spare for the tool box. I'll use the original till it shows some sign of wear.
    Last edited by Tdog02; 03-22-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times

2.7 EB long term updates (normal guy)

This is the key fob with its new little brother. It's not a remote start set up but for the price and peace of mind I'll live with it.
    Owners manual says you can add up to 8 of the simple keys and 4 of the intelligent (fob) keys. My suggestion is get some spare keys before you need them.
    Last edited by Tdog02; 11-28-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    If I ever lose one of my fobs I will die. Lol

I keep one hidden in an undisclosed place on the vehicle somewhere. With this new information I may hide one of the simple keys in a clever hard to access spot in the cab. With the door code maybe I'll never be in an unfortunate situation.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk
    Tdog02 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    If I ever lose one of my fobs I will die. Lol

I keep one hidden in an undisclosed place on the vehicle somewhere. With this new information I may hide one of the simple keys in a clever hard to access spot in the cab. With the door code maybe I'll never be in an unfortunate situation.

Before that happens get another fob. The $230ish you pay now will be worth it when/if you do lose one. You cannot make the simple keys without 2 programmed fobs!
    noodles likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    I have two. I don't think I'm going to spend that on a fob unless I lose one, or both, of them. Lol. I lost the fob to my powerstroke and just started using the key in the door locking and unlocking, lol. Did that for 3 years and it was only $50 or so to get another.

I'd rather spend that money on the module that would allow me to use my phone to lock/unlock/start from anywhere. Then, perhaps, a simple key is all I'd ever need anyway.

FredFlintstone likes this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links