Passenger front floor wet

This is a discussion on Passenger front floor wet within the 2016 Ford F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost Forum category; So on my 2016, i noticed a couple times the carpet was really wet on the passenger front floor. Finally, took it in to Ford ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By madmaxmutt

Thread: Passenger front floor wet

Member #

So on my 2016, i noticed a couple times the carpet was really wet on the passenger front floor. Finally, took it in to Ford and after two days of messing with it they said it has to go to a Body Shop for the fender removal as the leak is coming from behind the fender. Any of you have this issue?

Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bruegger View Post
    So on my 2016, i noticed a couple times the carpet was really wet on the passenger front floor. Finally, took it in to Ford and after two days of messing with it they said it has to go to a Body Shop for the fender removal as the leak is coming from behind the fender. Any of you have this issue?
    There are several threads on here describing this same symptom on the older trucks. A few different causes are noted. I doubt any of these causes went away when they changed to aluminum body panels. If memory serves . . . condensation leak from AC, A pillar drain of some type, moonroof drain are some of the causes. I think there was one describing some type of firewall leak.
    Jsrunnlus likes this.
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 145" WB
    402a luxury pkg., 535 towing pkg., FX appearance pkg., moonroof, nav, tailgate step
    Undercover Flex, Dee Zee Tailgate Assist, Pop&Lock tailgate lock, Ford wheel liners, Weathertech mud flaps, Rugged Ridge mats, Airlift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate, PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors with Z36 Towing Pads!

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    ^^^ Drains for the moon roof have been known to come loose in the pillar.
    2015 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 King Ranch, 3.5L EcoBoost w/ Max Tow (3.55) - Blue Jeans Metallic w/ Caribou accent, 601A equip, Tech pkg, ACC, FX4, Wheel Well Liners, Tail Gate Step, Box Side Steps, Diode Dynamics XML2 LED bulbs, WeatherTech Floor Liner, Recon Xtreme Scanning Tailgate LED, Amber LED Grill Light

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Yep, sunroof drain plugged, missing/inadequate sealer on the body/windshield somewhere, or a plugged a/c drain are the most-likely culprits.

We encountered a plugged a/c drain on the wife's 2014 Charger; it had soaked the passenger floorboard. I had to pull the hose off from the inside of the vehicle and clear the inside of the hose. Something had plugged the outside end (spider climbing in and building a web?). It's the one and only time it's ever happened in 40+ years of driving many different makes/brands of vehicles.
    Daily driver: 2012 4LT Centennial Grand Sport Corvette convertible, Vitesse throttle controller, tweaked timing tables & tranny tables

Gone after 14 years but never forgotten: 2002 Z71 Chevy Avalanche, heavily modded to 475 hp. Magnacharged, cammed, stalled, tuned w/HP Tuners. It was a blast to drive!

Replaced by 2015 F150 FX4 Supercrew Lariat Blue Flame metallic, 3.5 Ecoboost

Sponsored Links