Compared a 5.0 F-150 to mine.

This is a discussion on Compared a 5.0 F-150 to mine. within the F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; So my buddy wanted to see how my weak Ecoboost compared to his 5.0. his words. We swapped keys, I took his for a spin, ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Compared a 5.0 F-150 to mine.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times

So my buddy wanted to see how my weak Ecoboost compared to his 5.0. his words.

We swapped keys, I took his for a spin, he took mine. My tune was stock at the time. Now remember My truck ran 14.21 in the 1/4. He has never been to the track but was convinced his 5.0 would beat mine.
    exhaust was his only mod Roush cat back. apparently "really" woke the truck up. I went around the block and opened it up on a nice straight and I was SO bored. It needed to really wind out to get power up around 4500+ rpm. I had a 5.0 in my old mustang but the truck one is severely neutered.

Anyway. He gave back my keys was absolutely shocked at the power. He than said even with all that power... it sounds awful and that is why he would never buy one. His loss.

I think the coyote is an amazing platform. But for the small premium you pay, + the bang for buck mod factor. I would never get a N/A V8 again.

Guy I know has a Platinum crew cab with a stage 2 roush package from ford. It hauls. But it cost 15k on top of the truck just to get a limited powertrain warranty. 15k I could have a built engine, ported heads, and gt turbos running water meth making low 12's wit the potential to turn up the wick with an EFR kit.

Member #
    Liked
    427 times
    I'll probably never tune my truck or tow anything so I would consider getting a V8 next time.
    Last edited by EcoXLT; 05-13-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    milesej05 likes this.
    2013 XLT.
    No condensation problem.
    No brake problems.
    No transmission problems.
    No fuel in the oil
    No issues

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I have had the 5.0, 6.2 and Eco. There are zero comparisons. The Eco is the only way. It's quiet, smooth and pulls like a champ. What more could you want. I hate the revving V8s. Not saying a mustang doesn't sound good. But guys with loud mufflers on a truck is like an 80's hairband.

Not trying to be a hater, but I'm so over everyone crying about the sound of the ecoboost. It's 2017 there are better ways to make power.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbkw View Post
    I have had the 5.0, 6.2 and Eco. There are zero comparisons. The Eco is the only way. It's quiet, smooth and pulls like a champ. What more could you want. I hate the revving V8s. Not saying a mustang doesn't sound good. But guys with loud mufflers on a truck is like an 80's hairband.

Not trying to be a hater, but I'm so over everyone crying about the sound of the ecoboost. It's 2017 there are better ways to make power.
    AGREED!! Turbos are the future.... even the drag racing "no replacement for displacement" guys are running turbos nowadays. Wana know why? Cuz they wana win! hahaha
    2014 fx4 supercrew 4x4 ecoboost sct x4 stage 2 afe

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    So my buddy wanted to see how my weak Ecoboost compared to his 5.0. his words.

We swapped keys, I took his for a spin, he took mine. My tune was stock at the time. Now remember My truck ran 14.21 in the 1/4. He has never been to the track but was convinced his 5.0 would beat mine.
    exhaust was his only mod Roush cat back. apparently "really" woke the truck up. I went around the block and opened it up on a nice straight and I was SO bored. It needed to really wind out to get power up around 4500+ rpm. I had a 5.0 in my old mustang but the truck one is severely neutered.

Anyway. He gave back my keys was absolutely shocked at the power. He than said even with all that power... it sounds awful and that is why he would never buy one. His loss.

I think the coyote is an amazing platform. But for the small premium you pay, + the bang for buck mod factor. I would never get a N/A V8 again.

Guy I know has a Platinum crew cab with a stage 2 roush package from ford. It hauls. But it cost 15k on top of the truck just to get a limited powertrain warranty. 15k I could have a built engine, ported heads, and gt turbos running water meth making low 12's wit the potential to turn up the wick with an EFR kit.
    Hell even the 2.7 EB will probably make the 5.0 feel lacking and that is only $800 more than the base V6. Not buying a 2.7 over the v6 or v8 is stupid, you get the best mpgs and very solid power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Lariat S-Crew, 6.5'ft bed with Max Tow and 502A - Unleashed'd, Bilstein 5100(.8" level) RX Catch Can, AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    It says a lot when the only complaint about an engine is the sound it makes. These twin turbo sixes don't sound bad, they just sound different.
    Sure he 5.0 sounds better but if you wanna pay more for a less powerful truck because you like the sound that just speaks to your priorities.
    2016 XL F150 2.7 ECOBEAST Sport - Factory 20's & Electronics package

Member #
    Liked
    1100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoXLT View Post
    I'll probably never tune my truck or tow anything so I would consider getting a V8 next time.
    I will and do both and I may go with the 5.0 next truck.....or a super duty.
    Friend of mine just traded his 13 ecoboost for a 17 5.0 and he said he has zero regrets.

But I may end up with the 2nd gen Ecoboost....who knows. Definitely won't count out the 5.0 though.
    The 2018 got a bump in numbers too so that'll be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4

Bilstein leveling coil overs top setting
    3" rear blocks
    34/10.5/17 BFG KO2's
    Husky floor liners
    Raptor Grill lights

Member #
    Liked
    835 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoto View Post
    It says a lot when the only complaint about an engine is the sound it makes. These twin turbo sixes don't sound bad, they just sound different.
    Sure he 5.0 sounds better but if you wanna pay more for a less powerful truck because you like the sound that just speaks to your priorities.
    The M3 GTS sounds just like an ecoboost F150 with exhaust on it.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    The M3 GTS sounds just like an ecoboost F150 with exhaust on it.
    BUT ITS A TRUCK AND THAT MAKES THE SOUND GAY. herpaderp. #ThingsDumbPeopleSay
    2016 XL F150 2.7 ECOBEAST Sport - Factory 20's & Electronics package

Member #
    Liked
    835 times
    I wouldn't want to buy a M3 GTS and find out it sounds the same as ecoboost F150...
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links