2014 FX4...Slowly making progress - Page 33

2014 FX4...Slowly making progress

This is a discussion on 2014 FX4...Slowly making progress within the F150 Ecoboost Builds forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Styling!...

Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 862
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: 2014 FX4...Slowly making progress

  1. #321
    Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Coastal Texas
    Posts
    3,691
    Member #
    52137
    Liked
    3058 times
    Styling!
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

  2. #322
    Ecoboost Veteran BRoell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    319
    Member #
    58762
    Liked
    171 times
    99% sure I've never actually seen one of these. I have an 05 Explorer with very similar body style and the small tweaks are messing with my eyes. Like when you see butt implants on skinny thighs... its so close to being normal/ familiar, but somethings different.

  3. #323
    Sponsor RMB_Ryan's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    6,898
    Member #
    6210
    Liked
    3975 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoell View Post
    99% sure I've never actually seen one of these. I have an 05 Explorer with very similar body style and the small tweaks are messing with my eyes. Like when you see butt implants on skinny thighs... its so close to being normal/ familiar, but somethings different.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #324
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,868
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoell View Post
    99% sure I've never actually seen one of these. I have an 05 Explorer with very similar body style and the small tweaks are messing with my eyes. Like when you see butt implants on skinny thighs... its so close to being normal/ familiar, but somethings different.
    They aren't common for sure and they only made them for a few years I believe. It has the 4-valve Mach 1 4.6 in it and seems to actually scoot OK for a 15 year old tank.

    I'll spend some time on it this weekend figuring out what doesn't work on it and needs some attention.
    RMB_Ryan and BRoell like this.

  6. #325
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,868
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    Huge thanks to Ryan for working out a engine build with me. Top notch service and I'm excited to get my grubby little hands on it once it's built.

    Now I play the waiting game...

  7. #326
    Sponsor RMB_Ryan's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    6,898
    Member #
    6210
    Liked
    3975 times
    It’s been nothing but a pleasure Ryan, and thank you sir, and I’m looking forward to doing this up for you man.

  8. #327
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,868
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    Not much happening on the truck, but spent some time polishing the Lincoln today. Just had time to do the drivers side today. M101, then M205 and finished with Meguiars Fast Finish.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RMB_Ryan, bespurcell and BRoell like this.

  9. #328
    Ecoboost Veteran BRoell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    319
    Member #
    58762
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post
    Not much happening on the truck, but spent some time polishing the Lincoln today. Just had time to do the drivers side today. M101, then M205 and finished with Meguiars Fast Finish.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome work! My second thoughts when I saw it the first time was "man I want to polish that thing so bad, would be such a great turn around" My CDO is very pleased to see these results. Would you mind posting an overall pic when you finish it?

    What machine and pads did you use? And have you used the fast finish before? I have not but it seems easy to apply and I've read 6-12 months of durability.

  10. #329
    Ecoboost Veteran BRoell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    319
    Member #
    58762
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post
    Huge thanks to Ryan for working out a engine build with me. Top notch service and I'm excited to get my grubby little hands on it once it's built.

    Now I play the waiting game...
    Care to share??? Waiting means we plenty of time to disclose all the deets

  11. #330
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,868
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoell View Post
    Awesome work! My second thoughts when I saw it the first time was "man I want to polish that thing so bad, would be such a great turn around" My CDO is very pleased to see these results. Would you mind posting an overall pic when you finish it?

    What machine and pads did you use? And have you used the fast finish before? I have not but it seems easy to apply and I've read 6-12 months of durability.
    The paint is far from perfect still, but looks very, very good compared to before. I didn't get any time to spend on it today, but hoping I can do a few "night shifts" on it this week to finish up the paint before I get to the interior. I'll get up some pics as progress is made.

    I used a Rupes Bigfoot and a Orange Lake country Pad with the M101 and then a Orange "AIO" Super Buff pad with the M205.

    the Fast Finish goes on crazy easy. I've only down my truck and the Wife's Edge with it, but it's only been a couple of months. It's holding up pretty well so far.


    Quote Originally Posted by BRoell View Post
    Care to share??? Waiting means we plenty of time to disclose all the deets
    I just can't say how awesome Ryan has been to work with. He knows this was a unexpected hit to the pocket book and has worked with me on finding the right balance of Performance/Reliability/Value.

    Basically a complete Long Block build, but nothing crazy.

    - Forged Pistons and Rods
    - Mild Ported Heads, stock valves and upgraded springs
    - Closed Deck Block
    - Gen 2 Crank

    I'm sure as we make progress, Ryan will post up some engine porn.
    snakebitten likes this.

Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Making my own intake!
    By shreker in forum F150 Ecoboost Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 08:57 PM
  2. making the switch
    By suukiquadrider2006 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 06:59 AM
  3. 2014 FX4 Help...
    By texasfiremn in forum F150 Ecoboost Purchasing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 09:44 AM
  4. Making some decals
    By BKHDFW in forum Buy/Sale/Trade
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 08:09 PM

Search tags for this page

bkhdfw
,

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Connect with us: F150 Ecoboost Forum on Twitter F150 Ecoboost Forum on Facebook F150 Ecoboost Forum RSS Feed
Find us on Google+