2014 FX4...Slowly making progress - Page 86

2014 FX4...Slowly making progress

This is a discussion on 2014 FX4...Slowly making progress within the F150 Ecoboost Builds forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by snakebitten 59F in June? Terrifyingly frigid! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk Iíll be out in Texas for a week. Driving something ...

Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: 2014 FX4...Slowly making progress

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    4037 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    59F in June?

Terrifyingly frigid!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Iíll be out in Texas for a week. Driving something to gearhead
    sleipnir and Blown F-150 like this.

Gold Supporting Member sleipnir's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB_Ryan View Post
    I’ll be out in Texas for a week. Driving something to gearhead
    You let me know when because I want to shake your hand GH is like 2 hours from me and theyre near my parent's house
    Blown F-150 likes this.
    2012 4x4 Lariat 3.5 || 3.73 with e-locker || Full Race Turbos || Full Race Downpipes || CRP Manifolds || AFE Stage II Intake || AFE Charge Pipe || CPE Intercooler || Tubrosmart BOV || Retrofit Headlights || Tifosi Performance Special Touch || "Secret Sauce" Tuned || MSD Blaster Coil || Racho RS9000XL Rear Shocks || Fox 2.0 Coilovers || Morimoto LED Fogs || More to come

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3228 times
    If you come and go without at least eating supper in College Station,...... Well, I'm gonna put both you and Matt in a head lock and give Yaw a noogie.

Wait, second thought.
    I'm pretty sure Matt can take me. He's a full size fella.

sleipnir and Blown F-150 like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1104 times
    Not much going on recently, but some fun stuff should be coming up. Dyno next week and then focus on prep for a road trip at the end of the month.

Short term goals
    - Install LED lights
    - Full detail and paint correction/protection
    - Get the 20's back from PowderCoat and mount up some "Lighter" AT's. Currently looking at 275/60/20 Falken Wildpeak AT3's in a "P" rating.
    - Install the RTT
    - Prep the Car hauler trailer for a 2000mi round trip delivery of my Edge to a buddies Wife as a surprise.

I have been having a lot of fun recently working with @Boostking and @mattr66 on some tunes.

Brett has been working with me on a dedicated octane tune for the best gas I can get in the area (labeled 94, but seems to be like 92 for you US folks). We certainly have had some challenges with getting logs due to weather, as well as set-up and install issues. These Gen 2 "HO" turbo's have been a pretty cool addition, but weren't a simple bolt-on installation. Brett has been awesome to work with and very patient, as many can attest to on this forum.

Matt has been working with me on a Octane adjusting tune. This tune is going to be extremely important for the travel and driving I do with the truck. Hitting some very remote areas, fuel quality is unknown at best. Matt has also messed with Gen 2 turbo's in Gen 1's, which is pretty cool. Matt is also a top-notch guy to work with and wicked smart when it comes to handling some of the unique-ness of my build.

I really, really appreciate the time that both of these guys have put into remotely tuning this truck. It hasn't been easy and I know that both of them would prefer to have the truck in their hands and on a set of rollers to really dial it in. The Dyno time next week will be to see some numbers and data, but I think I still have a kink or two that needs to be worked out on this build. So I'll be sure to hit the Dyno again in a few months, to get updated numbers.

All this has been backed up throughout by conversions and texts with @RMB_Ryan Ryan has been very generous with his time and support. He's sent me test parts, data, advice and been a sounding board for a few things that I've wanted to try and test on his motor.

Stay tuned folks!
    Last edited by Blown F-150; 06-07-2019 at 10:31 PM.
    Boostking and BRoell like this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    4037 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post
    Not much going on recently, but some fun stuff should be coming up. Dyno next week and then focus on prep for a road trip at the end of the month.

Short term goals
    - Install LED lights
    - Full detail and paint correction/protection
    - Get the 20's back from PowderCoat and mount up some "Lighter" AT's. Currently looking at 275/60/20 Falken Wildpeak AT3's in a "P" rating.
    - Install the RTT
    - Prep the Car hauler trailer for a 2000mi round trip delivery of my Edge to a buddies Wife as a surprise.

I have been having a lot of fun recently working with @Boostking and @mattr66 on some tunes.

Brett has been working with me on a dedicated octane tune for the best gas I can get in the area (labeled 94, but seems to be like 92 for you US folks). We certainly have had some challenges with getting logs due to weather, as well as set-up and install issues. These Gen 2 "HO" turbo's have been a pretty cool addition, but weren't a simple bolt-on installation. Brett has been awesome to work with and very patient, as many can attest to on this forum.

Matt has been working with me on a Octane adjusting tune. This tune is going to be extremely important for the travel and driving I do with the truck. Hitting some very remote areas, fuel quality is unknown at best. Matt has also messed with Gen 2 turbo's in Gen 1's, which is pretty cool. Matt is also a top-notch guy to work with and wicked smart when it comes to handling some of the unique-ness of my build.

I really, really appreciate the time that both of these guys have put into remotely tuning this truck. It hasn't been easy and I know that both of them would prefer to have the truck in their hands and on a set of rollers to really dial it in. The Dyno time next week will be to see some numbers and data, but I think I still have a kink or two that needs to be worked out on this build. So I'll be sure to hit the Dyno again in a few months, to get updated numbers.

All this has been backed up throughout by conversions and texts with @RMB_Ryan Ryan has been very generous with his time and support. He's sent me test parts, data, advice and been a sounding board for a few things that I've wanted to try and test on his motor.

Stay tuned folks!
    Sounds like you really did your homework on what you wanted, who you wanted, and had a plan penciled in based on educating yourself to make the best decision to be left with exactly what you envisioned in the end. Im sure it is paying dividends now, and seeing how happy you are with everything and everyone is a breath of fresh air. We love good customers, and you write the definition of what that is IMO, so thank you sir.

I believe we were able as a team able to build you the engine that was exactly what you described you wanted and we set out and built for you. Thank you for not just being a nice human, thank you for everything else.

Didnít you originally ask for a brick or concrete sh!t house that could withstand 10 SSIís in one tune file and less than no knock readings? You asked it handle this and welded wastegates and if Iím right, we split and exploited two intercoolers this year, but it was a shop who forgot about that little detail. No engine

Your build is a 10/10 and should be the most popular IMO for people who want to have fun and need to rely on the vehicle. This is that, and you can push 850 wheel and it will not start sweating FYI. Not bad

Thank you again

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1104 times
    Yup, I think we have hit the goals we originally discussed and we'll see how close we are to my HP goal in a couple days. I am getting a bit greedy though and would like to push it a bit more as soon as I get the baseline set.
    BRoell likes this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1104 times
    So, yesterday was a bit of a bust. The issue I experience on the street, was really exacerbated on the Dyno. Probably just do to less load on the Dyno. The truck would only pull to 4500rpm before breaking-up/stuttering. On the street, I can pull to 5700 without any issue and hoped I could do the same on the Dyno to at least get some numbers. @4500 it was around 390hp and just starting to really climb, so it looks like my goal is certainly attainable.

I'll start digging into the wiring harness in case I pinched/damaged a wire during removal and/or install of the motor. The way the issue presents itself, it sure seems electrical or injector related.

Thankfully the engine harness isn't too bad to swap if needed.

Gotta get to the bottom of this.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3228 times
    T e n a c I t y

It certainly takes a considerable amount to venture along the journey you hot-rodders take.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1104 times
    One thing I will note though is that the temp was 72* yesterday vs. 33* when I ran the truck last. So big temp difference.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    T e n a c I t y

It certainly takes a considerable amount to venture along the journey you hot-rodders take.

I'm pretty determined to figure out this issue!

Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links