Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!! - Page 165

Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!!

This is a discussion on Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; That photo looks like it was taken on the set of the Survivor TV show. lol...

Page 165 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1676
Like Tree771Likes

Thread: Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!!

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3288 times
    That photo looks like it was taken on the set of the Survivor TV show. lol
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    1785 times
    Or American Sniper....lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    733 times
    My son says heís coming over tomorrow to work on this. Waited for some time for him to decide to do this with me. Told him heíd need to get his own mag. Truth is I forgot. Heíll no doubt steal one of my P-Mags.

Name:  5CD1B045-674A-4B01-8227-EB1E1841745B.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  3.69 MB
    milesej05 likes this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    656 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    MSR came through but I determined I am not a fan of red dot scopes. Vortex Viper replacement arrives today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In front of the barn. All processed and in the freezer. Vortex mounted yesterday....may need different mount.

snakebitten and Eco-Mica like this.

Member #
    Liked
    656 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    My son says heís coming over tomorrow to work on this. Waited for some time for him to decide to do this with me. Told him heíd need to get his own mag. Truth is I forgot. Heíll no doubt steal one of my P-Mags.

Name:  5CD1B045-674A-4B01-8227-EB1E1841745B.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  3.69 MB
    Looks like fun! @GearHead_1 need to snap a picture of my viper. Want your opinion on if the mount is too high. Iím used to a lower mount on my bolt rifles and this is the first one Iíve personally thrown together. I know you need adequate charge handle clearance but this seems like too much.

Member #
    Liked
    656 times
    @GearHead_1

Member #
    Liked
    733 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Looks like fun! @GearHead_1 need to snap a picture of my viper. Want your opinion on if the mount is too high. I’m used to a lower mount on my bolt rifles and this is the first one I’ve personally thrown together. I know you need adequate charge handle clearance but this seems like too much.

In my opinion the height of your scope mount pretty much comes down to being able to clear the rail and what your head is telling you when your cheek is on the stock. You should be able to place your head naturally and not have to work to look through the glass. I have one AR with a rather large front objective on the scope and it needs everything a tall mount can give it to clear the rail. I’ve been back and forth over the years on how large of scope is right for an 5.56. I don’t put “BIG” scopes on them anymore, still do on .308’s. There is a lot that can be read on the distance of the center of the optic to the center of the bore and if your scope could be more effective with a canted or shorter mount, most of this information is very technical and more than I would attempt to type. That said, if yours is comfortable to you and you see well through it’s at the distances you are shooting, don’t sweat it. We wouldn’t even have this discussion if you had a great big piece of glass hanging on the front of it using the same mount.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    656 times
    To be honest itís very comfortable as is. Compared to my 5.56 the scope is more far forward but Iím assuming this one has slightly better eye relief. On this gun itís easy to acquire effortlessly at all powers. Guess Iíll just leave it.

Member #
    Liked
    733 times
    My son and I put together his AR this weekend. It was nice spending some time with him I think we both enjoyed it and he learned a lot. I’m no doubt not as patient as I used to be but I tried to fully explain every step to him and let him do much of the work so he can say he built it. He spent quite a bit of time painting the cartouche, it came out nice, not perfect but it was what he was looking for. These aren’t exactly the peices I’d have chosen but he’s happy and it’s his birthday present. The trigger is actually amazing for what is basically an OE trigger (we did use some JP Light Springs and JP Pins). 4.5 lb. pull, very little take up and smooth as silk. I had pushed for him to buy a Velocity drop in but he wanted to keep the cost of this build down. We bobbed the hammer and removed the indent retaining spring. I was impressed and glad to see he didn’t spend another $130 for a drop in trigger. It weighs about 6.5 lbs so it isn’t too heavy. Anyway.. here it is.

Name:  3EDB53DB-BD0B-47D0-BDBD-0BEFCC12730C.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  3.85 MB

Name:  9C861620-D947-4CA5-BDDD-5A02E452EC7A.jpeg
Views: 57
Size:  4.03 MB

Name:  8452A81B-EC1E-4694-BB16-7AFF3B2A449C.jpeg
Views: 57
Size:  3.93 MB
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I bought a Canik Tp9sfx through Guns Midwest.com yesterday. A guy who I work with has one and it gets a lot of good reviews.

Probably won't be at my FFL for 10-14 days. Does anyone have one?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links