Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!! - Page 166

Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!!

This is a discussion on Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; Originally Posted by Lizardking419 I bought a Canik Tp9sfx through Guns Midwest.com yesterday. A guy who I work with has one and it gets a ...

Page 166 of 168 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1676
Like Tree771Likes

Thread: Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking419 View Post
    I bought a Canik Tp9sfx through Guns Midwest.com yesterday. A guy who I work with has one and it gets a lot of good reviews.

Probably won't be at my FFL for 10-14 days. Does anyone have one?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I haven’t shot one but I’ve not read any bad reviews. Seems to be pretty highly regarded, and I like the looks of the ports and the slide. Kinda like the browning high power, and I’ve always wanted one of those.
    Lizardking419 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoell View Post
    I havenít shot one but Iíve not read any bad reviews. Seems to be pretty highly regarded, and I like the looks of the ports and the slide. Kinda like the browning high power, and Iíve always wanted one of those.
    I'm always weary of internet buys. After the gun, shipping, and FFL, I end up getting it for $445. I think it is a solid deal for the specs. I'll try to update after I shoot it.

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    Iíve resorted to buying all my guns online with where Iím located now. All the gun shops are higher than hell so itís worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    41 times

Firearms WITHOUT Debate! - Just gun talk - NO Politics Please!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRoell View Post
    ...Kinda like the browning high power, and Iíve always wanted one of those.
    The Browning HP is a great firearm. I bought one back in the mid-80s and a couple of years ago sent it to Robar in Phoenix for a complete makeover by their High Power Princess. She did an awesome job and it is the HP I always wanted it to be. Expensive, yes, very, but AWESOME!

Before:

After:

Thatís a couple of hundred rounds of mixed ammo in the target. Shoots like a dream.

Raiderfan1890 and russ_ like this.

Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    Nothing really to report here but I’ve begun building an 80%’er (Polymer 80) pistol. My son and I are both doing one.

Name:  D64B3D5F-48B0-484A-BE90-796327721BA5.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  47.3 KB
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Iíve resorted to buying all my guns online with where Iím located now. All the gun shops are higher than hell so itís worth it for me.

I bought my deer hunting rifle from buds guns a couple years ago and my last 3 pistols online. 4 total from 4 different websites. Way cheaper than from stores. I have also bought a couple guns off armslist.

I called on the Canik the other day and the FFL didn't have that model in his database. I do not think they would have beat the online price.

GearHead_1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Nothing really to report here but Iíve begun building an 80%íer (Polymer 80) pistol. My son and I are both doing one.

Name:  D64B3D5F-48B0-484A-BE90-796327721BA5.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  47.3 KB
    Is this like an AR but polymer? I've never read about an 80%'er?

Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    Is this like an AR but polymer? I've never read about an 80%'er?

Yeah, they make 80%’er AR15 lowers in both Aluminum and Polymer. I can’t speak to either as I’ve always started with a normal lower. This company, Polymer 80, makes an AR lower that I’ve done a little reading on. They don’t look too tough but I have no doubt that these pistols are easier. I’ve basically done all the “milling” work, which I did not use a mill to do. Just took my time and did it by Dremel, files, sandpaper etc. It looks really nice and you’d be hard pressed to see that it isn’t factory cut but I’m simply hoping at this point that the guide rod and spring have sufficient operating room. I removed plastic to exactly the lines they suggest but won’t really know until I rack the slide a few times. Don’t get me wrong it isn’t hard to remove more plastic, just don’t want to go any further than is necessary.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    ...I called on the Canik the other day and the FFL didn't have that model in his database. I do not think they would have beat the online price.

I’ve been looking at the Canik’s too, more specifically the TP9SFX . I think I’d like to own one. Don’t think I’ve read a harsh review and relatively speaking they’re fairly inexpensive.

EDIT: Ha! I missed your above post, been looking at the same thing. You probably think I’m crazy. By the way this model doesn’t show up on Gun Genie either. They usually list every model a manufacturer makes even if they’re not in stock. Gun Genie’s tool that shops local re-sellers is a great utility to get an idea of what you should be paying.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 05-18-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Iíve been looking at the Canikís too, more specifically the TP9SFX . I think Iíd like to own one. Donít think Iíve read a harsh review and relatively speaking theyíre fairly inexpensive.

EDIT: Ha! I missed your above post, been looking at the same thing. You probably think Iím crazy.
    Hahaha. All good. I've been looking at them for the last year. Finally decided to buy it. Price was too good. I do not have a 9mm in my safe. So much cheaper than .40. I would like to join a pistol league. I think this would be a good pistol to start with.

GearHead_1 likes this.

Sponsored Links