What has MADE your day today - Page 690

What has MADE your day today

This is a discussion on What has MADE your day today within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; I can smell. If can smell, I can breathe. If I am breathing, I am alive!...

Page 690 of 695 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 6947
Like Tree7075Likes

Thread: What has MADE your day today

Member #
    Liked
    733 times
    I can smell.

If can smell, I can breathe.

If I am breathing, I am alive!
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 03-22-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Elmore328 likes this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    1784 times
    Made me que up a great country tune......Montgomery Gentry>Lucky Man

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by milesej05 View Post
    If she has the day off, shouldn't SHE be taking you out for lunch??
    you would think that would be the true way of doing it right? lol..

However we got even better news this week that i forgot to post about...

We got official confirmation that we will be adopting our foster baby on 3/26!! Got the afternoon off approval from my boss who smerked saying "no longer leasing her eh?" lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3045 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FX4Bulldog View Post
    you would think that would be the true way of doing it right? lol..

However we got even better news this week that i forgot to post about...

We got official confirmation that we will be adopting our foster baby on 3/26!! Got the afternoon off approval from my boss who smerked saying "no longer leasing her eh?" lol
    That's awesome. All of our children were adopted near 30 years ago. On about the third one my dad mentioned that he thought we were doing the catch&release program (foster) but that it appeared we never released.

My wife was the courageous one. I was just too macho to tell her I was afraid. Looking back, I was a bit oblivious to the incredible journey she was investing in.

In fact, just a few posts up is a perfect example. Had she not built our family, I'd have no bottle to fix as Pawpaw.

I predict you'll be saying something similar a few decades from now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Elmore328, B52U and Blown F-150 like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    We joke about being grandparents all the time. I am 35, she is 36 (marrying me an older woman heheeh), she was previously married right out of high school to a guy in the service and they had two kids. I have a 4 year old from a previous relationship myself. So we have a 17 yr old, 14 yr old, a 4 year old, and now (or soon to be) 2 year old.

The foster thing was never actually on our radar until May of last year. We were contacted by her half brother asking/pleading with us to foster his little girl and get her 'out of the system'. We were on the fence at first just because we knew NOTHING about it. After talking to a co-worker of mine who fostered to adopt, and then finally holding the tiny hooman for the first time i couldn't say 'no'. She is a super happy little (extra little due to the circumstances for which she was in foster care) girl, with the blondest of hair, and blueist of eyes.. Everyone looks at me (I'm not a small guy) and chuckle telling me about how hard the two littles teen years are going to be for me. The 4 year old has big deep brown 'doe eyes' and this one has her bright blue eyes.. My fiance chuckles because both of them have me wrapped and i give ZERO F's
    Elmore328 and Blown F-150 like this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FX4Bulldog View Post
    We joke about being grandparents all the time. I am 35, she is 36 (marrying me an older woman heheeh), she was previously married right out of high school to a guy in the service and they had two kids. I have a 4 year old from a previous relationship myself. So we have a 17 yr old, 14 yr old, a 4 year old, and now (or soon to be) 2 year old.

The foster thing was never actually on our radar until May of last year. We were contacted by her half brother asking/pleading with us to foster his little girl and get her 'out of the system'. We were on the fence at first just because we knew NOTHING about it. After talking to a co-worker of mine who fostered to adopt, and then finally holding the tiny hooman for the first time i couldn't say 'no'. She is a super happy little (extra little due to the circumstances for which she was in foster care) girl, with the blondest of hair, and blueist of eyes.. Everyone looks at me (I'm not a small guy) and chuckle telling me about how hard the two littles teen years are going to be for me. The 4 year old has big deep brown 'doe eyes' and this one has her bright blue eyes.. My fiance chuckles because both of them have me wrapped and i give ZERO F's
    And you shouldn't! If anyone ever tells you that you should give AF... you can tell them to go eat a booger!
    Kids are amazingly awesome!!
    Our oldest is adopted and the younger two are ours together. We always try to remind her that we didn't get to choose her little brother and sister. But we DID get to choose her and thank God, every day that we did.

Name:  c3 copy.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  781.7 KB
    meaz93 and FX4Bulldog like this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    we plan on telling her exactly that when the day comes. We have photos and all of the information should could ever want. When she is old enough we plan on letting her know everything, and then she can choose to contact the birth parents or not. The best thing about the whole process we have been through with the getting the license, and getting approved for the adoption and everything was the amazing support from both our families. They are pretty supportive anyways, but not a single person said "are you sure?!"... instead we got "WOOHOO!! a new baby!!!"

Member #
    Liked
    1702 times
    Figure some other people post the same crap on multiple threads so what the hell..

Upgraded
    2019 3.5
    Matilda, for those of you that think naming your truck is stupid lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    It's only 30 degrees but we are going fishing damn it. Probably going to have to break some ice lol. First trip of the year to knock the dust off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2017 Supercrew 6.5' 4x4 3.5EB.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3570 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    Nope I refuse to buy a house in this market. It is ridiculous. lol but I did see on the news price dropped 18% last month. So that is making me happy lol Before I met the fiancee I was paying very close to 2k a month for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. Not even in Denver but very close. stuff makes me mad. I can tell with the legalization in Vegas and Cali people are not making it a priority to move to CO as much and housing is reflecting that very quickly.

I hate the ski resort towns. Fun to visit for a day but beyond that keep me away lol. I rather be out in the woods away from people not in the middle with them.

But on a side note, that is a nice home man. I hope you get top dollar and can't wait for the new and improved!
    I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but so far things are going pretty smoothly. The inspection and the termite inspection both went pretty well. A few minor issues noted, the buyers had some very reasonable repair requests and didn't beat me up with any nonsensical repairs. It's not eating my pocketbook too badly and they are allowing me to do all the repairs myself with the exception of a few electrical items.

I have not yet gotten the results back from the appraisal. There is a chance it didn't appraise for selling price, and the appraisal is for an FHA loan. There is a chance the loan may not get approved due to some restrictions on FHA approvals. Mainly flaking paint on some of the windows and a missing storm window. I don't believe it will be an outright failure, but we may have to correct those items if it comes up. The parts of the windows that haven't been scrape and painted require major disassembly to get to, and will likely cause more issues than it will solve, so I left that alone unless absolutely necessary. We listed the house with windows as is, but since it's an FHA loan that doesn't matter, they have requirements for approval.

We are looking into the idea of demolishing a small pool house on the land we have, and constructing a simple pole barn home in its place to live in temporarily. Later when we move into my wife's grandparents' house on the same property, the pole barn home will become a guest house and still serve as the pool house.

Still with an intermediate period for a year or so where we pay off all debts and build up a substantial savings account. Hopefully.

Closing is scheduled for April 8, and everything has just been an absolute whirlwind. It's all just rushing by, I can hardly believe it!

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
    Sirikenewtron and Elmore328 like this.

Sponsored Links