What has MADE your day today (part 2) - Page 9

What has MADE your day today (part 2)

This is a discussion on What has MADE your day today (part 2) within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Ford F150 Ecoboost category; Just put the final payment in the mail... tractor by icg_sd20 , on Flickr...

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What has MADE your day today (part 2)

Member #
    Liked
    329 times
    Just put the final payment in the mail...

tractor by icg_sd20, on Flickr
    2014 F150 XLT Supercab, 3.5L EB, 3.73 axle, Max Tow Package, HD Payload Package (8200 GVWR), Kicker audio upgrade, wheel well liners, and trying to figure out how to squeeze in a CB and scanner...

Gold Supporting Member sleipnir's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    This is coming from a pro-all-for motorcycles fella........

Be CAREFUL!!!

I truly believe with all my heart that it takes considerable seat time to get in the proper "zone" to survive long term on today's public roads.

Or put another way, I don't care how alert and natural your skills are, YOU are on probation. Survival probation.

Again, Be CAREFUL!!!

Report back how many miles you road before someone tried to kill you.

If you think it hasn't happened within the first 1 hour, then it just went unnoticed and you should wonder what you missed.

Now, having said all that, relax those hands on the grips and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Oh dont worry, my wife and you think the same way so I wont be getting a bike any time soon She said I can get the endorsement and take the class but thats about it. Still trying to work it out so I can do a track day instead
    2012 4x4 Lariat 3.5 || 3.73 with e-locker || Full Race Turbos || Full Race Downpipes || CRP Manifolds || AFE Stage II Intake || AFE Charge Pipe || CPE Intercooler || Tubrosmart BOV || Retrofit Headlights || Tifosi Performance Special Touch || "Secret Sauce" Tuned || MSD Blaster Coil || Racho RS9000XL Rear Shocks || Fox 2.0 Coilovers || Morimoto LED Fogs || More to come

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sleipnir View Post
    Oh dont worry, my wife and you think the same way so I wont be getting a bike any time soon She said I can get the endorsement and take the class but thats about it. Still trying to work it out so I can do a track day instead
    Track Day!

Ironically I feel you are far safer at 120mph on the track than you are at 40 on Maple Street.

Plus, doing a few track days will change how you approach riding on the road. Significantly.

But the BEST thing to do is go get a dirt bike.

In my opinion THAT will turn you into a much better pilot of two wheels. Plus learning to crash is actually a legitimate exercise.

You'll love it far more than you might think.

You can even get them street legal and the modern ones are brilliant!

sleipnir and Eco-Mica like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member sleipnir's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Track Day!

Ironically I feel you are far safer at 120mph on the track than you are at 40 on Maple Street.

Plus, doing a few track days will change how you approach riding on the road. Significantly.

In my opinion THAT will turn you into a much better pilot of two wheels. Plus learning to crash is actually a legitimate exercise.

Ive ridden dirt bikes before but she doesnt want me on the road with two wheels. Track day would be great to get into but I havent done my research yet into what I need.
    2012 4x4 Lariat 3.5 || 3.73 with e-locker || Full Race Turbos || Full Race Downpipes || CRP Manifolds || AFE Stage II Intake || AFE Charge Pipe || CPE Intercooler || Tubrosmart BOV || Retrofit Headlights || Tifosi Performance Special Touch || "Secret Sauce" Tuned || MSD Blaster Coil || Racho RS9000XL Rear Shocks || Fox 2.0 Coilovers || Morimoto LED Fogs || More to come

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    Name:  2NWFY5WM-2008570386.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  785.9 KB

This little dude amazes me! I have NEVER seen the drive to succeed or the insane work ethic that my mini-me has, in any other kid his age. It's crazy how hard he works to be the best....And I don't push him to that extent. I actually try to rein him in a smidge so he isn't so hard on himself. LOL
    He's only 7, playing U9 soccer, is the leading scorer on our team, and the second highest scorer in the league.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Track Day!

Which is why im picking up a 250 dual sport to get back in the swing before jumping on the 800lb cruiser. Plus i miss trail riding, not sure how much ill get to because any real trails are 3hrs away but still. Drive like everyone is trying to kill you, because they likely are...
    2017 Supercrew 6.5' 4x4 3.5EB.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post

Drive like everyone is trying to kill you, because they likely are...
    This.
    No exaggeration.

I actually enjoy the hyper focus required. I compare it to a crop duster pilot. It's absolutely thrilling, but you can't afford to daydream even for a second.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Damn.
    http://abc3340.com/news/nation-world...-chevy-or-ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Traded 2017 XLT SuperCrew, Lightning Blue, 3.55 Gears, 145" WB for a 2011 F350 Lariat FX4

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    Damn.
    http://abc3340.com/news/nation-world...-chevy-or-ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Anyone arguing that Chevy is better, is likely to be a lunatic with a gun! LOL
    Envious likes this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sleipnir View Post
    Ive ridden dirt bikes before but she doesnt want me on the road with two wheels. Track day would be great to get into but I havent done my research yet into what I need.
    I'm in the same boat with my Wife. I've spent 100's of hours off road, but she is very against on-road. I even bought a Road Rocket for a summer to help a buddy out and She'll never know about it, lol.

I'm seriously looking at the 2019 KTM Enduro R. It is right up my alley and may be enough "Off Road" for me to get away with it.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links