Ford Memorizer - Page 4

Ford Memorizer

This is a discussion on Ford Memorizer within the 2018 Ford F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the 2nd Gen F150 Ecoboost category; Originally Posted by snakebitten TRUST me, right at that intersection in Mancos Colorado is a little restaurant called Chavalos. It's fantastic. Of course the cook ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ford Memorizer

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    TRUST me, right at that intersection in Mancos Colorado is a little restaurant called Chavalos. It's fantastic. Of course the cook is from Mexico, so it's Mexican food cooked by a Mexican chef.

A bit further away, in Cuba New Mexico is a Mexican restaurant, El Brunos, that "grandma's recipes" make up the menu and she is still there every day to make dang sure nobody messes with those recipes. Homemade blue corn chips too. Fantastic food!

I no longer fear traveling north away from Mexican food heaven.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Nope I got you. Let me know lol

That is why the home cooking is so good Mexico natives. Do not even get me started on tamale season.

Been a little bit since I have been down to Durango. But another in Taos there is a great place called Orlandos. I had a chili relleno burger that was excellent.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    Nope I got you. Let me know lol

That is why the home cooking is so good Mexico natives. Do not even get me started on tamale season.

Been a little bit since I have been down to Durango. But another in Taos there is a great place called Orlandos. I had a chili relleno burger that was excellent.
    New Mexico, I've had good luck in for sure. I just never found anything in Denver. Casa Bonita was good lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3080 times
    As for the derail, no offense but we have TONS of threads on the Auto stop/start.

Not so many on good Mexican food

These few posts, on the latter, will likely lead to an increase in quality of life for some folks.

I'm just saying

Envious, Elmore328 and Dworth like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Good Mexican in Denver?? Not possible! I lived in Texas all but 7 years I lived in Denver and never once found anything that was close to what we get here. I learned to love sushi because of the lack of good Mexican food in Denver!

I’m wondering this also. Good mex in Denver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Casa Bonita was good lol
    Boy do I have a restaurant for you! It is called Taco Bell. lol jk. My Fiancee will not take me there. I just want to go because it is literally 10 mins away from us and the south park episode. Mostly the south park episode lol.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3139 times
    I learned, the hard way, that mexican food from New Mexico is more of an authentic traditional Spanish cuisine from Deep southern Mexico. And what I have grown up with in Texas is a bastardized form of those recipes classified as Tex-Mex.... since I was raised on it, I prefer Tex-Mex a lot more.
    The first time in Santa Fe, New Mexico that I ordered chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce, they looked at me like I was crazy and had no clue what this "sour cream sauce" was that I was asking for. Instead, I received a ginormous platter of chicken enchiladas with Hatch chili red sauce and a dollop of sour cream on the side. It was good but not what I was craving.

And FYI- I have never participated in a thread derailment that let me salivating and hungry.....until now!
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmore328 View Post
    I learned, the hard way, that mexican food from New Mexico is more of an authentic traditional Spanish cuisine from Deep southern Mexico. And what I have grown up with in Texas is a bastardized form of those recipes classified as Tex-Mex.... since I was raised on it, I prefer Tex-Mex a lot more.
    The first time in Santa Fe, New Mexico that I ordered chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce, they looked at me like I was crazy and had no clue what this "sour cream sauce" was that I was asking for. Instead, I received a ginormous platter of chicken enchiladas with Hatch chili red sauce and a dollop of sour cream on the side. It was good but not what I was craving.

And FYI- I have never participated in a thread derailment that let me salivating and hungry.....until now!
    I swear I cannot go anywhere without chili now. One time we went to smashburger and had a small squirt bottle of our chili sauce for our burgers LOL
    Sour cream is rare in actual mexican food I have found out too. But I have no shame in asking for it lol.
    One of the best dishes I have had to date was enchiladas in mole sauce instead of the traditional red or green sauce.
    Elmore328 likes this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    Boy do I have a restaurant for you! It is called Taco Bell. lol jk. My Fiancee will not take me there. I just want to go because it is literally 10 mins away from us and the south park episode. Mostly the south park episode lol.
    Definitely South Park is the only reason! I think we took the kids back on a trip after we left since the place is for them.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3080 times
    @Envious, now you've done it!

Mole tonight. Basically enchiladas suiza (shredded chicken) with mole on top. Toss a small pile of freshly chopped jalapeños (not pickled) on top and your taste buds are forced to translate sweet-chocolate combined with fresh jalapeño pepper.

Not for everyone, but if you like it? there is nothing else compared.

Bummer is, you created a craving for a dish I have to drive into the Matrix (the city) to fetch my favorite version. On a Friday. Traffic in Houston. Arghhhhh.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    @Envious, now you've done it!

Mole tonight. Basically enchiladas suiza (shredded chicken) with mole on top. Toss a small pile of freshly chopped jalapeños (not pickled) on top and your taste buds are forced to translate sweet-chocolate combined with fresh jalapeño pepper.

Not for everyone, but if you like it? there is nothing else compared.

Bummer is, you created a craving for a dish I have to drive into the Matrix (the city) to fetch my favorite version. On a Friday. Traffic in Houston. Arghhhhh.

Man I had a rough weekend so I ate way more than I should. We lost one of the dogs. He had some long years behind him but still sad.

I could really go for some Mexican comfort food right now and enchiladas are high on the list with a quesadilla lol. and a few beers!
    That being said I think we are going out for Italian tonight :/
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links