F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Seeing a lot of people using the Livewire Tuner. Aside from the obvious windshield mount, what other ways are you guys mounting the tuner.

Pictures are appreciated.

Also see some people use the Edge Dash mount.

Any other suggestions?

following as i've really only seen the edge and winshield/drilled into the dash done

Advantage of the Windshield Mount, you can readily take it off, especially overnight and keep it from getting stolen.

But even at parking lots, I'll disconnect it and store it away from thieving eyes.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
good point.

Wondering if someone came up with a mount that you can remove it just as easily. Trying to go for the sleeper look, not that I'll be racing all the time, I guess just for the idea of it in general. But good point on the easy removal aspect. @Grim Reaper

I just ordered a Proclip USA mount and their Garmin ball/stud mount. Should be here next week. I got their left hand mount to go by the A pillar above the vent. I test fit the Livewires ball mount to my Garmin mount before ordering...fits perfectly.
The OBDii plug is run behind the dash and up the seam at the base of the pillar. I'll take pics once it arrives.

Alright guys, as promised here's the Proclip USA mount. For what I paid...I don't love it, but it's a nice mount. I had to modify the ball mount a bit to get proper articulation of the Livewire itself. The ball mount would work fine for your Garmin that just snaps to the ball, however the Livewire has a threaded collar that keeps the mount tight to the ball. There isn't enough clearance as the neck of the ball mount is not as narrow as the Livewire's suction mount...nor my Garmin suction mount for that matter.

However, it's a great mount once in place. You can see some of my "modifications" to the neck of the ball mount in the last photo:

I ended up with an Edge dash pod. I removed that rubber surround that comes with it and cut a small piece of plexi to fill the hole. I drilled straight through the plexi and used the large plastic screw that's included in the windshield mount it comes with. The adhesive that comes that pod was terrible, so I just dropped a small screw on either side to hold it in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.