The Meth Thread - Page 42

The Meth Thread

This is a discussion on The Meth Thread within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Originally Posted by rbrown Wow Common sense should be more common It's crazy how much that shop has changed since Erick (not the other minions ...

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: The Meth Thread

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    Wow

Common sense should be more common
    It's crazy how much that shop has changed since Erick (not the other minions that log onto the page now) was first introduced on the forum a little over 2 years ago. Quick turnaround time on tunes, always there when you called and asked questions, and no bad experiences with people who got work done at the shop.
    aboostedf150 and RMB_Ryan like this.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    The sad thing is that I really gave him my trust,I think at the time they really were inexperienced on that kit as he told me he had no idea how to tune it,and it was a new kit but it wasn't that which bothered me,because,being disabled now,as I have said here before I raced for yrs,and turned a wrench for over 20yrs,so I understood that while he may have never installed that system before,it's like anything else if you have at least worked with meth ,turbos ,NOS or whatever the system may be ,you should understand the basics enough to install it with a little reading ..You would also think if your going to sell the system,and it's the first time Working with that kit you would take the time to learn it,and add it to your box of tools,of knowledge ...not say well if you really want it tuned correctly I have to just charge you a extra 100 bucks a hr till he figured it out as I had already been charged 2k for the kit,install,and tune..I wouldn't think I would be quoted another 4-5 hrs to tune the controller ,I understand making money,but this was a chance to get paid fair,and learn the kit on my dime ..as I had already been charged for a meth tune on the Ecm,which anyone would think tuning the meth controller would be part of that ,as it has been the last time I had another brand of meth kit installed on a different truck..
    anyway I am not saying Eric doesn't know what he is doing but he is mainly tuner only from what I learnt (and theirs nothing wrong with that he was honest)unlike some owners of other shops who are engine builders tuners racers fab men and have done it all and finally worked their way to a shop..
    its his guys that LET me down ,although he shouldn't of trusted them so much,and should of check it completely before hand especially with all the other issues I had the first two times I picked it up,,
    no shop is perfect,and some shops have to keep the cars turning over to make payroll,and the bills,so they just send the car home once it's running,and if there's a problem they deal with it after they got the funds,which I hate..

Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by milesej05 View Post
    It's crazy how much that shop has changed since Erick (not the other minions that log onto the page now) was first introduced on the forum a little over 2 years ago. Quick turnaround time on tunes, always there when you called and asked questions, and no bad experiences with people who got work done at the shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatti20 View Post
    I got my devils own kit off a forum member used for a good price, hence me running it. I think the snow stage 3 is pretty nice...

Love that tank!!!!
    Yeah by the way my kit was the snow stage 3 kit that LET Screwed $850,lplus abor,tune,and B.S about 2k ..lol thanks guys..

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3985 times

The Meth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by milesej05 View Post
    I hear this from just about everyone nowadays. It appears that they have become the typical speed shop, and IMO it's a damn shame. Great tuner when that was the business. Too many things now.

Common sense should be more common
    Last edited by RMB_Ryan; 08-14-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    milesej05 likes this.

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aboostedf150 View Post
    .... you should understand the basics enough to install it with a little reading ....
    Apparently that Technician cannot read. j/k kind of.

Most of us "shade tree" mechanics are not professional mechanics but hobbyists. AND ... we are ALWAYS doing things for the "first time", so reading instructions is common.

But, many Technicians are use to "repetitive work" where they do the same task all the time. And if they are doing something for the "first time", 99% of the time, they are shown by a senior.

I completely agree that IF that Technician had installed ANY Meth Kit before, that he should have been able to apply the basics to ANY kit. I think he's a complete dunderhead if he cannot tell the difference between "red & black" leads ... and which is positive and negative.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 08-14-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Member #
    Liked
    702 times
    I had a UVU instructor call it 'red/black color blind'. A simple check with a fluke meter, or power probe could have verified power vs ground.
    2015 Ruby Red Scab 3.55 gears 4x4 Fast and Fun

2015 Pearl white SHO AWD Fast and quiet.

'If you can't Join em beat em' - 3 PUMP Racing

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Some info on the AEM v2 kit. The low level sensor doesnít like a pure mix! It canít send electricity across the metal points on the sensor, had to buy a float sensor instead, but if you donít mix your own meth juice itís not a problem. Figured I would put this info on this thread!

Ainít no pride in your stride, if you donít shine your ride!

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Any of you guys have a Snow stage 3 kit on a 17 3.5 EB? If so, did you hook up the blue wire from the control box that is supposed to connect to the fuel rail pressure output sensor wire as well as the hose for a boost pressure? Where is that wire and got any pics?

Member #
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RSKtakR View Post
    Any of you guys have a Snow stage 3 kit on a 17 3.5 EB? If so, did you hook up the blue wire from the control box that is supposed to connect to the fuel rail pressure output sensor wire as well as the hose for a boost pressure? Where is that wire and got any pics?
    When I had mine I only referenced boost. I did not use fuel rail pressure and I had no issues with it.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    When I had mine I only referenced boost. I did not use fuel rail pressure and I had no issues with it.
    Where did you get your boost reference from?

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Sponsored Links