Gearhead tuning - Page 54

Gearhead tuning

This is a discussion on Gearhead tuning within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Looks like it really comes on at 3,000 rpm Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 54 of 120 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: Gearhead tuning

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Looks like it really comes on at 3,000 rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    534 times
    Im still loving mine, even killed a Hemi 1500 Rumble Bee today from a dig at a light...... Jumped him pretty good, had to pedal a tad cause of the rear tires barking, but quickly jumped 2 in front and kept pulling.... Good dude, gave me a thumbs up when we met up after we let off...
    ddrriizz likes this.
    2019 3.5L F150 CC FX4 XLT Max Tow, 5* Tuned, Leveled & More to Come!
    RIP-2015 CC FX4 l 3.55's l Raptor Style Grille l Leveled l 305/60/18 Vision Manics l Bilstein 4600's l Powerstop Z36's l AEM CAI l MSD Coils l Exhaust Tweaks l Tow Mirrors l Upgraded Trans Cooler (GH 13.31 1/4)

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow1000 View Post
    Looks like it really comes on at 3,000 rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is how I would describe the tune 3k to redline it pulls real hard. Below 3k very mild and mellow. Give it a little gas and she opens up.
    l 2013 F150 Eco FX4 l Gearhead tuned l AFE stage 2 intake l Banks Monster Exhaust l 2.5 inch level l 3inch rear block l Fox shocks l 35/12.50/20 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 l 20in Fuel Maverick +20 offset l

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3210 times
    These recent comments combined with next weeks dyno run is likely to have me eating crow.

More than a few times I've declared my reluctance to give up the early low "hit" that I first was smitten with when I experienced my first EcoBoost moment.
    And I've emphasized that desire more than a few times while discussing the longblock build and turbo upgrades.

It goes something like "I really am not wanting to raise the power band in the rpm range, and especially at the cost of that early bang"

In fact, that desire is the primary reason I am acquiring a stout RBM bottom....so I could release the future tuner from the burden of protecting the motor by dialing around that quick torque climb.

But here we are. Me, along with others, are singing the praises of a tune that just might be doing exactly what I said I didn't want.

Good thing both Jerry and Ryan and Matt know they know what I don't know. Lol
    Last edited by snakebitten; 03-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.
    dzlam likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    Peak power on a stock turbo EB is around 5k so it seemed just about perfect. Shifted at 5250 rpm and ends up at 4750.

That’s a 2015-16 stock dyno. If you look at mpt’s tuned dyno of a 17, it pulls just about to 6k.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3210 times
    As promised to all you EcoYahoos (meant with all due respect) here are the results of back-back-back dyno pulls for GearHead(beta)\5*93octanePerformance\OEM Ford tunes.

This is a Bone Stock 2018. Even the factory air filter. About 6500miles.

The Dyno is brand new and is located just down the street from my place in the coastal Texas area. (Thanks TX-Ripper)
    By coincidence, it is the exact same dyno as Matt\GearHead has. I'm no Dyno expert, but it's very modern and kind of high-tech overall compared to the few others I've been around. Oh, and it's AWD too. (We tried one run just for grins. Didn't like it. An F150 is obviously bigger than what the AWD vehicles it is designed for)

All pulls, after the first pull, was done in 5th gear. The first pull was 6th, but you run out of speedometer before you finish the pull.
    (7th is the 1:1 gear, but that's just way faster than anyone (mostly me) wanted to roll this big beast at)

The only other note is I'm unfairly using a beta tune that I basically coerced out of Matt. But being the good sport that he is, he gave a thumbs up to me doing this. I believe I can quote him barely paraphrasing "Just let me know if I get trounced. And when I finally finish this tune, you gotta update the results"

Fair enough, right?

By the way, I am just a few days from hitting GearHeads dyno to invest in the someday soon to be released "official" GearHead non-Raptor Gen2 tune anyways. So stay tuned for it.

These are uncorrected values. Or, actually measured at the wheels, down here at Sea Level on a nice low-humidity day.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    As promised to all you EcoYahoos (meant with all due respect) here are the results of back-back-back dyno pulls for GearHead(beta)\5*93octanePerformance\OEM Ford tunes.

The Dyno is brand new and is located just down the street from my place in the coastal Texas area. (Thanks TX-Ripper)
    By coincidence, it is the exact same dyno as Matt\GearHead has. I'm no Dyno expert, but it's very modern and kind of high-tech overall compared to the few others I've been around. Oh, and it's AWD too. (We tried one run just for grins. Didn't like it. An F150 is obviously bigger than what the AWD vehicles it is designed for)

All pulls, after the first pull, was done in 5th gear. The first pull was 6th, but you run out of speedometer before you finish the pull.
    (7th is the 1:1 gear, but that's just way faster than anyone (mostly me) wanted to roll this big beast at)

The only other note is I'm unfairly using a beta tune that I basically coerced out of Matt. But being the good sport that he is, he gave a thumbs up to me doing this. I believe I can quote him barely paraphrasing "Just let me know if I get trounced. And when I finally finish this tune, you gotta update the results"

Fair enough, right?

By the way, I am just a few days from hitting GearHeads dyno to invest in the someday soon to be released "official" GearHead non-Raptor Gen2 tune anyways. So stay tuned for it.

These are uncorrected values. Or, actually measured at the wheels, down here at Sea Level on a nice low-humidity day.
    Your doing the Lord's work fella

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    snakebitten likes this.
    2017 2.7L Bronze Fire 4x4 3.55 145" | Gearhead Tune | UPR DVCC + CSS | Ford Performance Super 8.8" LSD | Hellwig front/rear sway-bar | 12Volt Solutions Remote Starter | Ford Tri-fold tonneau cover | Line X bed liner | Huskey front/rear mud guards & rear wheel well liners | AVS Aeroskin hood shield | Rear block removed

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3210 times
    Thanks Donch,

I've had to explain more than a few times why I'd do this if I'm weeks away from yanking the motor and all these tunes no longer apply.
    But it makes sense if you think about it.

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1039 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post

Fair enough, right?

5star v3 tune is On point with they vendor dyno, and others that have dynod it.

gearhead tune looks great! And even better knowing that @mattr66 refine and improve it even more!
    @snakebitten thanks for posting (I knew you wouldn’t be disappointed with the 5star tunes)
    Last edited by TX-Ripper; 03-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes
    Link to my YouTube Channel - Dyno videos, Racing ect: https://shorturl.at/epIMY
    Link to my Build Thread: https://shorturl.at/cdqtE

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Since we can't monitor the OAR parameter on the ngauge device yet, my suspicion is that the knock to octane calibration is a little too sensitive and it isn't running full boost. The truck should have been in the 430-440 neighborhood with SAE correction turned on and calibrated for dynojet numbers. That's how we run ours.
    TX-Ripper and ddrriizz like this.

Sponsored Links