2017 3.5 ecoboost Borla ATAK exhaust installed

This is a discussion on 2017 3.5 ecoboost Borla ATAK exhaust installed within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; What an improvement over stock, certainly the best sounding exhaust currently available. Only filmed a cold start right after installation so far. Sound has improved ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2017 3.5 ecoboost Borla ATAK exhaust installed

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

What an improvement over stock, certainly the best sounding exhaust currently available.

Only filmed a cold start right after installation so far.

Sound has improved a lot over stock, no drone on the hwy, great tone under acceleration. In S mode, the downshifts sound awesome. At idle once warm, the truck will pop and burble when you rev the engine.

Install was very straight forward, fit and finish are excellent, quality product...I love the dual exit now with black chrome tips, makes it sort of stealth.

https://youtu.be/UVZmpWNBJuA
    F150STX and IRISHF150 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Is this with stock downpipes?
    Sounds good might be a tad loud for what I would put on my own truck but I like it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2017 2.7L Bronze Fire 4x4 3.55 145" | Gearhead Tune | UPR DVCC + CSS | Ford Performance Super 8.8" LSD | Hellwig front/rear sway-bar | 12Volt Solutions Remote Starter | Ford Tri-fold tonneau cover | Line X bed liner | Huskey front/rear mud guards & rear wheel well liners | AVS Aeroskin hood shield | Rear block removed

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Yes stock downpipes, if you feel the atak may be to loud the type s system they offer is identical except they added another muffler in it to quiet things down
    D0ncH likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

I have atak with dual side exit and Black tips too, love mine and agree with your points on quality /fit/sound/drone etc. From inside the truck and windows up I donít think itís really that loud for being their loudest set up but at the same time I wouldnít really want any louder. I Honestly really like the sound and I like that itís unique for a pick up. I think Ford should just take a lesson from borla on exhaust design instead of trying to cover up the sound and pump in fake engine noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by F150STX View Post
    I have atak with dual side exit and Black tips too, love mine and agree with your points on quality /fit/sound/drone etc. From inside the truck and windows up I donít think itís really that loud for being their loudest set up but at the same time I wouldnít really want any louder. I Honestly really like the sound and I like that itís unique for a pick up. I think Ford should just take a lesson from borla on exhaust design instead of trying to cover up the sound and pump in fake engine noise

I couldnít agree with you more, the fact that even though this is a V6 it can still actually sound really good.

I am very happy I did my research and watched a bunch of videos before I bought this setup, bit more pricey then others but itís more then worth it!

Member #
    Liked
    1740 times
    No wot or hard throttle accelerations?
    Seems like some exhaust sound pretty good at idle or low rpms on these engines but donít think Iíve heard one on wot that didnít sound like a Subaru.
    Letís hear a wot

Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post
    No wot or hard throttle accelerations?
    Seems like some exhaust sound pretty good at idle or low rpms on these engines but donít think Iíve heard one on wot that didnít sound like a Subaru.
    Letís hear a wot

Literally just got it installed, will do a better review of it all later on this month.
    TX-Ripper and Sirikenewtron like this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted604 View Post
    What an improvement over stock, certainly the best sounding exhaust currently available.

Only filmed a cold start right after installation so far.

Sound has improved a lot over stock, no drone on the hwy, great tone under acceleration. In S mode, the downshifts sound awesome. At idle once warm, the truck will pop and burble when you rev the engine.

Install was very straight forward, fit and finish are excellent, quality product...I love the dual exit now with black chrome tips, makes it sort of stealth.

https://youtu.be/UVZmpWNBJuA
    That sounds tough at idle. Look I want as well.

Member #
    Liked
    1128 times
    Exhaust video in a parking garage... that's cheating!
    2014 SCREW Green Gem XLT Plus
    3.55 E-lock - OE HID -
    Heated Adobe Leather - OffRoad Package - AutoSpring 2.5/1 Kit
    DiabloSport 91 Oct Tune - Stubby - Morimoto LED Fogs - LED Backup Lights - ATP CAC
    Enkei M5 20x8.5 30mm - Michelin Defender LTX MS2 275/65R20

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Not a bad sound. I really prefer the corsa though. It seem to be quieter. That's what I was going for. Sounds good though. Funny how people like diffrent things like sound. Some stuff I like people hate and it's ok. I'm thinking hard about that exhaust for my RS though. They are the one of only two that offer a real turbo back system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links