My wife wanted to know who was mowing the lawn in the rain...

This is a discussion on My wife wanted to know who was mowing the lawn in the rain... within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; then she saw me pull into the driveway. Dead serious lol. Welp, if that doesn't tell you that you need to change your exhaust I ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: My wife wanted to know who was mowing the lawn in the rain...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

then she saw me pull into the driveway. Dead serious lol. Welp, if that doesn't tell you that you need to change your exhaust I don't know what will.

Installed Corsa DB with res delete. Sounded pretty good. Couple days later installed Full Race catted downpipes. Was extremely loud and didn't sound too good. Today remove the res delete and put back the stock resonator section. Sounded good down low but just too ricey overall. When my wife told me that after a cruise today that pretty much sealed the deal. The corsa is coming off lol.

Now I'm down to going with a Full Race system or putting the stocker back on. What do you guys with Full Race and downpipe think of yours? Can anyone vouch for the non-resonated Full Race with downpipes? I might just play it safe and get the resonated version. What do you guys think?

(less than 20 miles on the Corsa if anyone's interested PM me)
    2018 F150 Lariat 502a, 3.5EB, 5 Star Tune, SPD Turbo Adapters, Full Race catted downpipe, Full Race Resonated Exhaust, K&N CAI, 6" BDS Lift, Yukon 4.11's, Fuel Vector 20x9 +1, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/65R20

Ecoboost Sr Member sorterofsorts's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Just straight pipe it and listen to it whistle, nothing ricing about the mini power stroke sound.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I wish, my truck doesnt whistle sadly.
    2018 F150 Lariat 502a, 3.5EB, 5 Star Tune, SPD Turbo Adapters, Full Race catted downpipe, Full Race Resonated Exhaust, K&N CAI, 6" BDS Lift, Yukon 4.11's, Fuel Vector 20x9 +1, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/65R20

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member bespurcell's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    https://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-Exh.../dp/B000XQM1M6 Put this in place of the resonator and it will be a lot quieter.
    AllWhiteEco likes this.
    2012 supercrew Lariat 4wd 3:55 ELD SCT X4 Gearhead tune, 3" Magnaflow, deleted resonator and replaced with 3" pipe, Mishimoto CAC and cold side pipes

Member #
    Liked
    1706 times
    Anything you do to the exhaust is going to sound "ricey" at high rpm's or wot.
    But apparently some people actually like that.

That's hilarious about what your wife said. A couple weeks ago after I got on the throttle my wife actually said in a roundabout way my exhaust sounds like a fart can
    I've never even told her that phrase!

Obviously She's looking forward to me getting a V8 next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sirikenewtron; 06-10-2018 at 11:29 PM.
    BlkYukon and Samson like this.
    Traded the old 2013 XLT S. Crew cab 4x4 on its 4the engine
    For a 2017 crew cab sport stx 2.7 and couldn't be happier

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron View Post
    Anything you do to the exhaust is going to sound "ricey" at high rpm's or wot.
    But apparently some people actually like that.
    this is nonsensical garbage. don't believe it. there are some that sound like poop and some that sound awesome. corsa definitely sounds like garbage.
    full race is awesome, AFE is good, borla sounds nice (with a nice variety to choose from) and my personal favorite hooker blackheart sounds the best IMO.

and I'm referring to WOT tunnel goodness here.
    2016 F150 2.7 SuperBeast - Hooker Blackheart Duals - K&N drop in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJBo4x101Vk

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    It's always going to be higher pitched than a 5.0 and have that 'beee beee' sound instead of a 'booom booom' sound. I won't say it will always sound 'bad', but the EB won't ever sound 'good'.
    2015 Ruby Red XLT SCREW
    RC 2" level, SCT 5* Tune

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    All i plan on doing is 3" straight out, since the stock is 2.5" for the large majority of the entire exhaust. Should get the flow needed for a wee bit of top end power but i gotta figure out a way to make it stay sounding quiet.

Gold Supporting Member bespurcell's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    All i plan on doing is 3" straight out, since the stock is 2.5" for the large majority of the entire exhaust. Should get the flow needed for a wee bit of top end power but i gotta figure out a way to make it stay sounding quiet.
    Actually it's mostly 3".
    waterbuffalo likes this.
    2012 supercrew Lariat 4wd 3:55 ELD SCT X4 Gearhead tune, 3" Magnaflow, deleted resonator and replaced with 3" pipe, Mishimoto CAC and cold side pipes

Member #
    Liked
    384 times

Quote Originally Posted by bespurcell View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-Exh.../dp/B000XQM1M6 Put this in place of the resonator and it will be a lot quieter.
    I’ve run this exact muffler for 30,000 miles now with my Catless exhaust setup. Nothing but great things to say about it. My exhaust is basically 3” from the turbos back now with only this muffler and no resonator. With your catted downpipes it would tame the exhaust note even more so and you could always add a resonator later if you still found it too loud. If you go stock catback with downpipes it can still be raspy and buzzy in the upper rpms on the stock muffler. I ran that way for about a year then decided to pull the trigger on the Magnaflow so I could have a true 3” catback to compliment the downpipes higher flow. I wanted something with a great tone all the way through the rpms and wasn’t obnoxious on the highway or daily driving. The Magnaflow #12579 is a heavy oval muffler that helps cut down a lot of that unwanted rasp and produces a smooth mellow note out the tailpipe. Much deeper than the stock muffler. I will link an older thread which is a good read that helped me decide on this muffler based on some reputable members opinions at the time. @mikemetz82 was a former member here that posted in that linked thread. He had catted downpipes and corsa exhaust. Similar to your setup and ultimately swapped his corsa muffler for the Magnaflow #12579 and really enjoyed it. I think he went through about 5 different exhausts before he was happy. Good luck hunting for that perfect exhaust note

magnaflow muffler swap
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by AllWhiteEco; 06-11-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    bespurcell likes this.
    2014 Platinum
    3.31 E-Locker
    2.5" Rough Country Level
    22" Lariat Limited Wheels
    285/55R22 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
    Boost Bars Lower Grille
    VTA mod
    AEM Drop-In Filter
    RX Monster w/ CSS
    Livewire TS w/ Custom tunes
    3" Catless Mak Y-Pipe