Help w/Fullrace intercooler kit and Turbosmart install ???

This is a discussion on Help w/Fullrace intercooler kit and Turbosmart install ??? within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Im trying to finish up installing my fullrace gen 2 intercooler kit and Turbosmart bov on my 2013 model. While the kit looks awesome and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help w/Fullrace intercooler kit and Turbosmart install ???

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Im trying to finish up installing my fullrace gen 2 intercooler kit and Turbosmart bov on my 2013 model. While the kit looks awesome and the quality is second to none my only complaint would be that it came with NO installation instructions. I've been to FR's site and their install video is for their gen 1 kit and there are some differences. Also the turbo smart bov is the same way as far as no instructions but for the most part is self explanatory.
    What I need to know is:
    1. what do I do with the factory wires from the stock ebov? The TS came with a wire that I believe is to be crimped to the stock wires to "fool" the computer that it is still plugged in. Is this correct?
    2. what should the TS bov be set at?
    3. And does the tubing that went to the stock ebov just get removed and covered at the intake to plug it up? This is what I did but just want to be sure.

Quick help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    2013 Screw cab F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Sterling Grey. UPR CC with CSS, SCT BDX tuner with MPT & BCB adaptive tunes, FullRace CAC kit, TS bov, FullRace catted DPs, Banks CAI, Bilstein 5100 all around leveled on 275/60/20 Falken Wildpeak AT3w tires on stock fx4 wheels.

Member #
    Liked
    1194 times
    TS includes a alum plug that just goes into the recirculation tube i believe. Better to find a cap that fits on the intake tube and remove the tube completely.

Yes, you will get a p0035 code. If you have a tuner, like your sig says, you can have tuner just turn it off in tune and dont need to splice. The wires, you need to cover up with a bag and zip ties.

The whole black cap turns to make tighter or looser on the BOV. Looser will open easier.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    TS includes a alum plug that just goes into the recirculation tube i believe. Better to find a cap that fits on the intake tube and remove the tube completely.

Yes, you will get a p0035 code. If you have a tuner, like your sig says, you can have tuner just turn it off in tune and dont need to splice. The wires, you need to cover up with a bag and zip ties.

The whole black cap turns to make tighter or looser on the BOV. Looser will open easier.
    So that's what that aluminum plug is for. Gotcha. I'm still waiting to get my fullrace down pipes installed before I mess with a new tune. Maybe I can get them in next weekend and can get tunes ordered for it. In the meantime I will just splice that wire in to avoid a code.
    2013 Screw cab F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Sterling Grey. UPR CC with CSS, SCT BDX tuner with MPT & BCB adaptive tunes, FullRace CAC kit, TS bov, FullRace catted DPs, Banks CAI, Bilstein 5100 all around leveled on 275/60/20 Falken Wildpeak AT3w tires on stock fx4 wheels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1194 times
    Your tuner has to make one adjustment to your tune, takes them 5mins and you flash it, it is easier..... and splicing into wires is not ideal, opening them to environment.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brignac View Post
    1. what do I do with the factory wires from the stock ebov? The TS came with a wire that I believe is to be crimped to the stock wires to "fool" the computer that it is still plugged in. Is this correct?
    2. what should the TS bov be set at?
    3. And does the tubing that went to the stock ebov just get removed and covered at the intake to plug it up? This is what I did but just want to be sure.
    1. The wire thing that came with the TS BOV is installed on your factory wires, while it make look to be a permanent crimped on piece you can open the ends and remove it you decided to in the future. I installed the piece and wrapped everything with electrical tape to protect it from the elements and then ziptied it out of the way. I have had that installed for two years, with no issues.

2. Install the BOV and then make adjustments once you start it and test drive it. I didn't need to adjust anything.

3. I have a Gen 1 FR intercooler, but mine came with a rubber sleeve and a cap to install on the intake end and remove the tube all together. If you don't want to do that the plug that came with the BOV works too and you leave the tube installed. I have done both and either one works the same.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    @Hook124,
    Mine did not come with a cap. It did come with a thin rubber sleeve that I guess is what you are referring to. I did remove the tub and just slide the rubber sleeve over the intake tub port and put a zip tie around it even though it fit snug. I just thought it was pretty thin to be a permanent solution.

I have ensured that everything is tight, but I am hearing a noise that I can best describe as; "when you fill a balloon up with air and you squeeze the end of it so it makes the "screeching/whining" noise while it lets air out" when ever I medium to hard accelerate. Is this normal??

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3293 times
    @FullRaceMotorsports
    @full-race geoff

Can you assist this member?
    Brignac likes this.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brignac View Post
    @Hook124,
    Mine did not come with a cap. It did come with a thin rubber sleeve that I guess is what you are referring to. I did remove the tub and just slide the rubber sleeve over the intake tub port and put a zip tie around it even though it fit snug. I just thought it was pretty thin to be a permanent solution.

I have ensured that everything is tight, but I am hearing a noise that I can best describe as; "when you fill a balloon up with air and you squeeze the end of it so it makes the "screeching/whining" noise while it lets air out" when ever I medium to hard accelerate. Is this normal??
    Sorry I was unclear the cap comes with the TS BOV. Yes that sleeve is what is what should go there if you want to remove the tube.

If the "screeching/whining" noise, happens when you let off after you accelerate aggressively. You may want to adjust the BOV cap to "looser" one turn to allow the valve to blow off easier. If your hear it during acceleration then you need to go one turn "Firmer" on the BOV cap.

I do know my Turbosmart valve makes a sound in low to part throttle situations when I let off, that i can only describe as a mix of a dove/bird sound with a long "pssssssh' noise mixed in. I have found this is just the nature of the the BOV.

You just have to adjust the TS for what works for your truck. I know its frustrating as TS instruction isn't too clear on how to set it for install or when to adjust.I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Hook124; 03-05-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yes it only happens under acceleration. If I slowly get in throttle there is no noise but medium to heavy throttle it makes the sound. I don't mind the blowoff "pssh" sound when I let off but the other noise is aggravating at even medium acceleration.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Sounds like hook is correct. The BOV may be opening prematurely and venting air while your on the throttle rather then when you left off

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2017 2.7L Bronze Fire 4x4 3.55 145" | Gearhead Tune | UPR DVCC + CSS | Ford Performance Super 8.8" LSD | Hellwig front/rear sway-bar | 12Volt Solutions Remote Starter | Ford Tri-fold tonneau cover | Line X bed liner | Huskey front/rear mud guards & rear wheel well liners | AVS Aeroskin hood shield | Rear block removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links