Types of Mobil 1 oil for 3.5 EB - Page 5

Types of Mobil 1 oil for 3.5 EB

This is a discussion on Types of Mobil 1 oil for 3.5 EB within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Originally Posted by Lizardking419 And change it well before the manufacturer recommends. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk I've actually been backing off of ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Types of Mobil 1 oil for 3.5 EB

Member #
    Liked
    1087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking419 View Post
    And change it well before the manufacturer recommends.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I've actually been backing off of this. I was doing 5k mile OCI's but after installing the catch can I was consistently getting no fuel in the oil smell, no oil growth, and it was staying clean the full 5k interval. I've pushed it out to 7.5k now. I just checked my oil the other day at 5k and its still honey colored and dead on between the marks in the dipstick.

As far as oil goes, I just get the cheapest full-syn 5W-30 I can find that meets the Ford spec for this engine. Sometimes its Quaker state Ultimate Durability, sometimes its Pennzoil Plati, right now its Pennzoil Ultra Plati. I usually look for a deal and buy in bulk for like $3 a quart.

I always do Fram Ultra Filters. They are extremely well built and cheap for what they are. The they 94% efficient at 10 micron and outperform pretty much anything else on the market short of a dual bypass setup.

And TBH, I run an Amsoil Dual Bypass setup on my Jeep and it hasn't impressed me so much. Supposed to be 99% efficient at 2 microns but my oil looks like crap almost immediately. Maybe the diesel just does that.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 05-17-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    I've actually been backing off of this. I was doing 5k mile OCI's but after installing the catch can I was consistently getting no fuel in the oil smell, no oil growth, and it was staying clean the full 5k interval. I've pushed it out to 7.5k now. I just checked my oil the other day at 5k and its still honey colored and dead on between the marks in the dipstick.

As far as oil goes, I just get the cheapest full-syn 5W-30 I can find that meets the Ford spec for this engine. Sometimes its Quaker state Ultimate Durability, sometimes its Pennzoil Plati, right now its Pennzoil Ultra Plati. I usually look for a deal and buy in bulk for like $3 a quart.

I always do Fram Ultra Filters. They are extremely well built and cheap for what they are. The they 94% efficient at 10 micron and outperform pretty much anything else on the market short of a dual bypass setup.

And TBH, I run an Amsoil Dual Bypass setup on my Jeep and it hasn't impressed me so much. Supposed to be 99% efficient at 2 microns but my oil looks like crap almost immediately. Maybe the diesel just does that.
    The QSUD is actually a really nice oil. It is a hell of a lot thicker than Pennzoil. That is the reason I stopped using them. QSUD has a great additive pack and is cheap. I am using castrol Edge right now. Just switched to Fram as well. No issues with them. I checked the cold startup after a long night of it being in the 20s and had no startup noise.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    That is the diesel. Every diesel I've seen has black oil after 1000 miles. Nature of the beast.
    2015 Ingot Silver - 3.5 Ecoboost FX4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links