BOV for Mishimoto CAC and pipes

This is a discussion on BOV for Mishimoto CAC and pipes within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; I have a Mishimoto CAC and hot and cold side pipes on my 2011. One of my turbo mounted BOV's is fried and I want ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Envious
  • 1 Post By R0bCincy

Thread: BOV for Mishimoto CAC and pipes

Member #
    Liked
    56 times

I have a Mishimoto CAC and hot and cold side pipes on my 2011. One of my turbo mounted BOV's is fried and I want to switch to a single CAC mounted BOV. Does anyone have recommendations for fitment? I assume Tial and Turbosmart are the go-to brands.

I also have a question about the swap. I understand I can run a vacuum reference to the new BOV, but do i need to do anything with the old boost control solenoids other then cap them off?
    2011 FX4 SCREW, 3.5 EB. 3.73 and 5* and MPT Tunes, SW catted DP and SW 3.5 inch Chambered Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mishimoto CAC, and very rusty cab corners.

Member #
    Liked
    448 times
    On my 11 I just capped them off when I did that. I got the Turbosmart with the 90 degree adapter. For boost reference I made it easy on myself and got the FR throttle body spacer and added a nipple to it for the reference point.
    R0bCincy likes this.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Perfect! Did you have any issues from the swap?
    Envious likes this.
    2011 FX4 SCREW, 3.5 EB. 3.73 and 5* and MPT Tunes, SW catted DP and SW 3.5 inch Chambered Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mishimoto CAC, and very rusty cab corners.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    448 times
    Not really related I don't believe. I think there were issues prior that were not diagnosed properly lol.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Did you use the FR blockoff plates for the old BOVs?

Member #
    Liked
    448 times
    Yes I did! in hindsight I would have just kept my turbosmart BOVs on each turbo and called it a day
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious View Post
    Yes I did! in hindsight I would have just kept my turbosmart BOVs on each turbo and called it a day
    Yeah, I looked at that route, but my turbos have 120K miles on them so I will either go to GT's or buy a 2013 set from Tasca when they finally die. So if I need to spend money on BOV's now I might as well get one that will work with the future plans.

I read in a few places that the 2011/12's had replaceable diaphrams in the BOVs but I havent been able to find any part numbers. I may call the stealership and see if they have a part number. That would seem to be the cheapest fix short term. Of course then I still have to deal with the boost control solenoids and miles of vacuum hose getting old.

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bCincy View Post
    I have a Mishimoto CAC and hot and cold side pipes on my 2011. One of my turbo mounted BOV's is fried and I want to switch to a single CAC mounted BOV. Does anyone have recommendations for fitment? I assume Tial and Turbosmart are the go-to brands.

I also have a question about the swap. I understand I can run a vacuum reference to the new BOV, but do i need to do anything with the old boost control solenoids other then cap them off?
    How did you know that the BOV failed? Did you get a code?
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Loss of power, funny fluttering noises after letting off the loud pedal. Then started logging and it isnt holding boost like it did before.

Sponsored Links