whats this noise?

whats this noise?

This is a discussion on whats this noise? within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; The most recent thing I have done to my truck is bypass the oem oil cooler and install an external setrab unit in an effort ...

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

whats this noise?

The most recent thing I have done to my truck is bypass the oem oil cooler and install an external setrab unit in an effort to keep temps down while towing. Everything works great however there is a new noise, its almost a growl or whine that is directly related to engine speed. I have attached a couple videos, any help is appreciated. The engine doesn't run any different just sounds different.

Member #
    Liked
    1177 times
    Just get a 2019.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE CAC, CRP Manifolds, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100, AirLift RideControl, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, GTB2060 custom build turbo, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper, 4.10's, Detroit Truetracs F/R

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Maybe alternator or idler pulley bearing dying. Sounds engine rpm related so something on the front of the engine more than likely. If rear of engine possibly transmission oil pump.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Lol thanks. I would love to, just hard to justify the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    Just get a 2019.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Could it be the iwe system?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    OK I think I may have found a contributing factor to this odd noise . I found this piece of rubber on the ground Where I was working on my truck. It looks like the end of vacuum hose but I have looked at every hose I can see and they all seem to be connected. Does anyone know what this should be connected ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sponsored Links