"Dummies" tutorial for adding a knock gauge to Livewire using LiveLink G2??????

This is a discussion on "Dummies" tutorial for adding a knock gauge to Livewire using LiveLink G2?????? within the F150 Ecoboost Performance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Hi, Folks. I'm looking to add a KNOCK reading to a Livewire. Not a datalogging option, but a real time virtual gauge option. I've only ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Dummies" tutorial for adding a knock gauge to Livewire using LiveLink G2??????

Member #
    Liked
    87 times

Hi, Folks. I'm looking to add a KNOCK reading to a Livewire. Not a datalogging option, but a real time virtual gauge option. I've only seen a couple bits of info using Google regarding this, and I couldn't figure it out. Some have done it successfully, with the exception of the boost reading in Kpa rather than PSI. One guy even found a fix for that by digging in a bit further. If anyone can give me a dumbed down tutorial, or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

SCT really needs to have KNOCK as a selectable option in the Livewire. To me, that's probably the most important thing to monitor. It's the one thing that will tell you that you're doing engine damage RIGHT NOW, back off and adjust something. It's almost ridiculous that it isn't included, but I have a hunch I know why it isn't, and I understand if that's the case.

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    Isn't this what knock retard does? Not happy with monitoring that? I monitor knock on my X4 so the live wire should have the same thing.
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    You need to plug in your live wire to your computer and make a config file that has knock retard, or you should have gotten one from ur tuner.
    Grim Reaper and NHres like this.
    2012 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost 4x4, 3.31 Rear, 5.5 Box, Ingot Silver Metallic
    -Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Icon UCA's, Billstein 5100 Rears, Roadmaster Active Suspension
    -Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70R17, Pro-Comp 7032 17x9 -6 Offset
    -SCT x4 w/ Custom 91 Tune, S&B CAI w/ Dry Filter, Wagner CAC, Turbosmart BPV's, Full Race Catch Can, Solo Catted Downpipes, 3" custom catback
    -DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky Liners, Raptor Tans Mount, Silverstar Ultra Bulbs,
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by norcal_ecoscrew View Post
    You need to plug in your live wire to your computer and make a config file that has knock retard, or you should have gotten one from ur tuner.
    Yeah, there are Configs floating around with Knock Retard as one of the PIDs. Then you just select it on your Livewire. I even have a Boost Guage show in PSI with my Config that I personalized.

But you need to download the Software from SCT to run on your computer as mentioned above to customize your Config. The only limitation, you cannot select more than 33 PIDs for your Config.
    norcal_ecoscrew and NHres like this.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vozaday View Post
    Isn't this what knock retard does? Not happy with monitoring that? I monitor knock on my X4 so the live wire should have the same thing.
    How do you monitor it on the X4? I have looked but couldn't find anything under the settings

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    I even have a Boost Guage show in PSI with my Config that I personalized.
    I've been trying to get mine setup to read psi in relative pressure, right now it only reads in absolute so 1 psi boost shows as 15.7. But the stock SCT gauge config will read in relative, but doesn't have knock. If yours is setup in relative i'd love to know how you did it!
    2012 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost 4x4, 3.31 Rear, 5.5 Box, Ingot Silver Metallic
    -Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Icon UCA's, Billstein 5100 Rears, Roadmaster Active Suspension
    -Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70R17, Pro-Comp 7032 17x9 -6 Offset
    -SCT x4 w/ Custom 91 Tune, S&B CAI w/ Dry Filter, Wagner CAC, Turbosmart BPV's, Full Race Catch Can, Solo Catted Downpipes, 3" custom catback
    -DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky Liners, Raptor Tans Mount, Silverstar Ultra Bulbs,
    F150Ecoboost.net Decal

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by norcal_ecoscrew View Post
    I've been trying to get mine setup to read psi in relative pressure, right now it only reads in absolute so 1 psi boost shows as 15.7. But the stock SCT gauge config will read in relative, but doesn't have knock. If yours is setup in relative i'd love to know how you did it!
    PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward it to you later.

I personally use the Metric Measurements for TEMP PIDS, but I think I have a Fahrenheit version too.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Thanks for the info so far guys. I received a bit of info this afternoon from Torrie at Unleashed, but I'm stuck at work and can't screw with it. I looked at it quickly and it seemed fairly straight forward. I'm pretty good with the internet, but get the deer in headlights feeling when working with actual programs and terms. I'll try and give it a go tonight, if not tomorrow, and let you guys know how it went.

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    NHres and NickPic83 like this.
    2013 F150 FX4 Appearance Loaded Eco. w/Max Tow. Level lift with 305/55r20 Open Country ATII Extremes. Rear Raptor Shocks. 5 Star Tuned/X4. Wagner Intercooler. AFE Stage 2 Intake. RX Catch Can/UPR CSS. Boost-Bars Raptoid Grille. 30" Hanning LED Bar. Rigid Backup Lights. JW Speaker Fogs. GlowShift Boost Gauge. Remote Access.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

Member #
    Liked
    2535 times
    Here is the config file I use on my X4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../DLFConfig.cf4

It has boost in absolute KPa but you can change that if you read through the thread above.

1971 Mustang Grande 351C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links