Cab corner replacement - Page 2

Cab corner replacement

This is a discussion on Cab corner replacement within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Originally Posted by SENDIT @ WooBoost what do you mean by "fluid film"?? Itís a brand of spray oil. 2012 screw 3.5L...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cab corner replacement

Member #
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SENDIT View Post
    @WooBoost what do you mean by "fluid film"??
    Itís a brand of spray oil.

2012 screw 3.5L

Member #
    Liked
    1200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    I have read some people saying the third brake light drains down to the cab corner. That can't be right? If the third brake light leaks, which a lot of people have experienced, it will soak your roof liner. Water is not meant to get inside this unit. It does not make sense why they would plan on water going into your roof. Can anyone confirm this? The trucks with sun roofs have drain lines that run into the rockers, I do know that for sure.

I believe this rust is caused soley by the holes on the underside of the rocker and water getting inside there (even with the holes covered) because water can literally get into anything. This is why it is important to spray inside the rockers. I drenched mine last year with fluid film inside using 360 degree wand from front to back. Maybe this fall i hit the back corners again with a 360 sprayer just to make sure as regular maintenance. Aluminum trucks looking real nice now....
    Anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    365 times

Cab corner replacement

Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    Anyone?
    Ya..nah. Behind the third brake light is nothing but metal, I canít see a liner. My symptoms were I had a lot of paint bubbles with water in them (from the inside out). I just caulked the top and sides of the brake light to make sure thatís not the issue. Next I sprayed in the holes with sea foam oil. And I rhino lined the out side. Thatís all I can do for now. It should hold it together for a long time.

2012 screw 3.5L

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbuffalo View Post
    Ya..nah. Behind the third brake light is nothing but metal, I can’t see a liner. My symptoms were I had a lot of paint bubbles with water in them (from the inside out). I just caulked the top and sides of the brake light to make sure that’s not the issue. Next I sprayed in the holes with sea foam oil. And I rhino lined the out side. That’s all I can do for now. It should hold it together for a long time.

2012 screw 3.5L
    I think the metal is just a pocket type deal to house the wires and stuff, the headliner has to be right there. I have had mine off before, but I don't remember what is inside. I will have mine off again shortly to check.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I took the 3rd brake light lens off and replaced the compressed foam gasket with the smallest D-shaped rubber window gasket/seal I could fine. Is working AFAIK.
    2014 Screw, XLT, Max Tow, Big Mirrors, Off-Road, Weather tech mud flaps, Roll-x cover, Husky floor liners

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    thats the first time i've seen a rusty f-150 in that generation. lots of salt used on your roads?

Ecoboost Sr Member adkhunter1590's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Iím also in need of new cab corners and rockers and even my bed is rotting out at a fast pace. This is the worst rust issues Iíve ever had with a truck. My old superduty got pretty rusty but she was 12 years old and had over 250k on her. Iím at 154k with this F150 and itís rotting away at a blistering pace. Iíll take some pics after work for you guys. Iím trying to figure out if itís worth fixing or just run the damn thing until it rots away and buy a new one. Itís not worth squat for trade in with the mileage anyways.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Sheís a rusty girl. Itís a damn shame. Engine runs good and interior is still nice.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adkhunter1590 View Post

She’s a rusty girl. It’s a damn shame. Engine runs good and interior is still nice.
    What year? I love my truck but I have had other brands in the same environment that did much better withstanding rust.
    2011 FX4 SCREW, 3.5 EB. 3.73 and 5* and MPT Tunes, SW catted DP and SW 3.5 inch Chambered Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Mishimoto CAC, and very rusty cab corners.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bCincy View Post
    What year? I love my truck but I have had other brands in the same environment that did much better withstanding rust.
    2011. All other trucks Iíve had did much better at holding off the rust. Not sure why this truck is getting eaten so quickly. Really disappointed about it thatís for sure.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links