New MAP sensors are made in china?

This is a discussion on New MAP sensors are made in china? within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; I just bought the intake map sensor off Rock Auto for my 2012. The one I pulled out of the truck reads "AA5A-9F479-DA Made in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DNA Dan
  • 1 Post By mass-hole

Thread: New MAP sensors are made in china?

Member #
    Liked
    258 times

I just bought the intake map sensor off Rock Auto for my 2012. The one I pulled out of the truck reads "AA5A-9F479-DA Made in Germany" whereas the one I received from RA reads "AA5A-9F479-DB Made in China". The cage around the sensor is also different. It's more open with no cross hatch on it. Is this now the OEM part replacement or did I get ripped off? Came packaged as Motorcraft CX2401
    Last edited by DNA Dan; 02-22-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    I just bought the intake map sensor off Rock Auto for my 2012. The one I pulled out of the truck reads "AA5A-9F479-DA Made in Germany" whereas the one I received from RA reads "AA5A-9F479-DB Made in China". The cage around the sensor is also different. It's more open with no cross hatch on it. Is this now the OEM part replacement or did I get ripped off? Came packaged as Motorcraft CX2401
    a lot of ford parts are made in china, and mexico etc
    2018 2.7 Supercab XLT sport Lightning blue
    1968 Thunderbird
    Past: 16 F150 5.0 , 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0
    Master Certified Ford parts and warranty administrator

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Thanks dj. The sensor just looked different than the one I pulled. Also Germany is known for precision parts, China not so much. I drove a few miles on it since the swap and it seems to have improved my mpg a bit. It did read -DB so I think it's the next reiteration of this sensor.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Thanks dj. The sensor just looked different than the one I pulled. Also Germany is known for precision parts, China not so much. I drove a few miles on it since the swap and it seems to have improved my mpg a bit. It did read -DB so I think it's the next reiteration of this sensor.
    This is the one that is the boost reference in the intake manifold right?
    The other two are the intake and CAC temps?
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Yes. This was the one that is physically inside the intake manifold held in by one bolt. The replacement has less of a cage around it, so the sensor was more exposed.

Not sure where CAC temp comes from. I thought that was IAT2. Depends which reader you're using.
    Envious likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1073 times
    Yes. This was the one that is physically inside the intake manifold held in by one bolt. The replacement has less of a cage around it, so the sensor was more exposed.

Not sure where CAC temp comes from. I thought that was IAT2. Depends which reader you're using.
    CAC and IAT2 are both from TMAP sensors and read both pressure and temperature. This is how it works on my Liberty CRD which uses a 3 bar Bosch sensor. The one in my Jeep tends to heat soak pretty bad on the manifold, so I like to watch the CAC temperature on my truck(the one prior to the throttle body) to avoid this effect. I have a boost gauge with temp sensor that I have installed just prior to the manifold on my Jeep and will see a 30 degree difference between my sensor and the TMAP in the manifold.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 05-15-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Envious likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Sponsored Links