Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe? - Page 2

Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe?

This is a discussion on Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe? within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Originally Posted by tvsjr Then I would document it and send them a bill for your time. If they fail to pay, take them to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe?

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Then I would document it and send them a bill for your time. If they fail to pay, take them to small claims court. They probably won't even show up... then you can move for summary judgement and then file a lien against their property.
    Sounds like an awesome plan, i'll get right on it! i actually took it in to another dealership in my area. The service associate i gave my truck was actually more personal with me. This dealership, the bays are not behind closed doors and i can actually sit there and watch them work on my truck, which i wont cause i dont have the time to sit there. They saw the mess the other dealership made and said they would clean it off for me, not full detail, but enough for me to locate any new oil leaks. On friday of last week, my truck actually loss power 3x (Hill assist errors/check engine light/erratic idle/check engine 2112 code) and I had to trun it off. When I got home I immediately called other dealership and they put me on to a number I was able to get a free tow from. I had a scheduled appointment with them for tuesday of this week, but my service associate said that they would attempt to get it in earlier if possible. On Saturday i called them to see if they would be able to get to it in and they told me they were swamped, but I was first in line for monday. That was good enough for me. On monday afternoon they called me and told me there were a few things that were lose from the last person who touched my truck and they had left aThinn mess. They were also able to hear the gasket leaks I was talking about, but needed it for one more day to verify. They only heard it when the truck was cold and didnt have time to let it idle to get hot and take it for a longer drive due to time of day...... On tuesday, before lunch, they called me and told me they ordered 2 new exhaust manifolds, gaskets, studs, and other required stuff they needed to change them and that my truck was ready for pick up till parts arrive because it was now driveable and wiped down..... I'm glad the truck has found a place that actually gives a damn and associates know what they are talking about and trat you the way you expect.
    Kinguni and Grabber70Mach like this.
    2016 3.5 EB SCREW | INGOT SILVER | XLT 302A | CHR APPEAR PKG | MAX TOW PKG | 3.55 E-LOCK | 4x4 | WEATHER TECH DIGI FIT | LINEX PREMIUM | UWS LOW PRO | HUSKY WELL LINER | FUEL HOSTAGE III 18X9 | BFG KO2 305 65 18 | BILSTEIN 5100 x4 @ 1.75" | POWERSTOP Z36 KIT X4 | AIRLIFT RIDE CONTROL | UPR DVCC/CSCC | AEM DROP IN

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Then I would document it and send them a bill for your time. If they fail to pay, take them to small claims court. They probably won't even show up... then you can move for summary judgement and then file a lien against their property.
    You must be fun at parties
    milesej05 likes this.
    2018 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew 2.7L 10psd Magnetic Gray with dealer installed hood deflector, trifold tonneau cover and Gunmetal stainless steel tail gate insterts

K&N Intake, Led headlights by silverlux, Led Fogs, Bully Dog BDX with BCB Highlander, BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT on factory 20's, Bilstein 4600's on the rear

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhatPaulie View Post
    You must be fun at parties
    Not really... but I'm definitely not the guy you want to piss off.
    milesej05 and BigPhatPaulie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    Well now, that sounds scary.
    milesej05 likes this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3323 times
    @milesej05, is that you???
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    776 times
    It looks like there is a bolt loose on that cover.

Name:  2D160653-534D-4C99-B546-EB70936EEF8E.jpeg
Views: 40
Size:  775.4 KB
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by milesej05 View Post
    @milesej05, is that you???
    Lmao, did you just call yourself out?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3323 times
    Lmao, did you just call yourself out?

Whoah!!! I guess I did. lmao.

Happy Friday!!
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Just got my truck back from the place that cares a couple days ago. Prior to my appointment for the manifolds, the truck started stopping again so the truck was back at the dealership via tow truck, prior to them getting the manifolds in. They hooked me up with a loaner I used for about 30 days and 1500+ miles of commute, replaced the manifolds and gaskets I suspected were leaking, replaced the sticking throttle body and wiped down the mess the other dealership left. They refused to go beyond that, but atleast i can see if something is leaking. I've drove the truck for over 100 miles now and am regaining confidence that I will no longer have to trade it in and start off fresh on a new vehicle. Retirement is around the corner and the last thing I want to have is a car payment to worry about. A lot of time was taken because they would not replace my throttle body under the 60k powertrain becuase it would always say "not covered" when they typed part number into system. However, my service advisor did his job and advised me to call up ford to open up a case number. The wait for the response/ dealer back and forth was about half the time Luckily they had one on hand when they got the green light to fix it. Thank god, they gave me a 19 2.7 with 1.8k miles on it to drive. Loved the truck for a few days, but after a week the 10 spd started to get on my nerves. tooooo many shift point! Just wanted to close out the thread and give yall the end results stating there is a possibility that my next vehicle, 10 years down the line, may just be another Ford!
    snakebitten likes this.
    2016 3.5 EB SCREW | INGOT SILVER | XLT 302A | CHR APPEAR PKG | MAX TOW PKG | 3.55 E-LOCK | 4x4 | WEATHER TECH DIGI FIT | LINEX PREMIUM | UWS LOW PRO | HUSKY WELL LINER | FUEL HOSTAGE III 18X9 | BFG KO2 305 65 18 | BILSTEIN 5100 x4 @ 1.75" | POWERSTOP Z36 KIT X4 | AIRLIFT RIDE CONTROL | UPR DVCC/CSCC | AEM DROP IN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links