Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe?

Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe?

This is a discussion on Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe? within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; So....... my 16 3.5 EB went in to dealership under warranty to get the timing cover leak fixed and they got everything covered in oil. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Undercarriage car wash with skid plates safe?

Member #
    Liked
    98 times

Undercarriage car wash without skid plates safe?

So....... my 16 3.5 EB went in to dealership under warranty to get the timing cover leak fixed and they got everything covered in oil. I went to do my first oil change since I took it in and it looks horrible, it blows my mind that these guys did this. Iím thinking it may have happened when they were filling it up and the one fell out of the refill tube and when they originally took out the filter. The cv boots, under the alternator, everywhere! The pics below is after I wiped most of it off. I am not comfortable because i wouldnít ever, for the life of the truck, would be ever able to see any new leaks that may occur if I leave it this way. Over time, fuel dilution and oil on all the rubber will just eat away at it as well. I wanted to know if anyone has ever had this happen? Iím a decent ways away from a car wash with undercarriage spray, so the engine will be at full operating temp if I attempt this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bn30813; 03-26-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    2016 3.5 EB SCREW | INGOT SILVER | XLT 302A | CHR APPEAR PKG | MAX TOW PKG | 3.55 E-LOCK | 4x4 | WEATHER TECH DIGI FIT | LINEX PREMIUM | UWS LOW PRO | HUSKY WELL LINER | FUEL HOSTAGE III 18X9 | BFG KO2 305 65 18 | BILSTEIN 5100 x4 @ 1.75" | POWERSTOP Z36 KIT X4 | AIRLIFT RIDE CONTROL | UPR DVCC/CSCC | AEM DROP IN

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Remember, oil and water don't mix. Unless you have a way to get a serious degreaser into that undercarriage wash, you won't get rid of half of that mess.

I personally would drive it right back to the dealer and raise holy hell until they had it up on a lift with a few guys with degreaser/turpentine/etc. soaked rags cleaning it all up. They made the mess, they should fix it.
    Kinguni likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Remember, oil and water don't mix. Unless you have a way to get a serious degreaser into that undercarriage wash, you won't get rid of half of that mess.

I personally would drive it right back to the dealer and raise holy hell until they had it up on a lift with a few guys with degreaser/turpentine/etc. soaked rags cleaning it all up. They made the mess, they should fix it.
    that is my first thought, but atm i am having trust issues with the dealership. it took me leaving them a bad review after they stated they would not cover the original leak. two days after i left a horrendous review their warranty manager called me in and told me they would cover it, they made a mistake. I have to get the exhaust manifold gaskets replaced now (still under 60k miles) and am thinking about taking it to the dealership 1 city over in hopes they want to earn my business so they will clean it up when they do the gaskets.......
    2016 3.5 EB SCREW | INGOT SILVER | XLT 302A | CHR APPEAR PKG | MAX TOW PKG | 3.55 E-LOCK | 4x4 | WEATHER TECH DIGI FIT | LINEX PREMIUM | UWS LOW PRO | HUSKY WELL LINER | FUEL HOSTAGE III 18X9 | BFG KO2 305 65 18 | BILSTEIN 5100 x4 @ 1.75" | POWERSTOP Z36 KIT X4 | AIRLIFT RIDE CONTROL | UPR DVCC/CSCC | AEM DROP IN

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3311 times
    Umm...TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER THAT ****ED UP!
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bn30813 View Post
    that is my first thought, but atm i am having trust issues with the dealership. it took me leaving them a bad review after they stated they would not cover the original leak. two days after i left a horrendous review their warranty manager called me in and told me they would cover it, they made a mistake. I have to get the exhaust manifold gaskets replaced now (still under 60k miles) and am thinking about taking it to the dealership 1 city over in hopes they want to earn my business so they will clean it up when they do the gaskets.......
    I would at least make the offending dealer clean up their mess. Don't trust them? I get that. I'd take my chair and sit out by the bay and watch them. Sit there and sip on a beverage while they clean up their screw-up.

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    I would at least make the offending dealer clean up their mess. Don't trust them? I get that. I'd take my chair and sit out by the bay and watch them. Sit there and sip on a beverage while they clean up their screw-up.
    i would deffo do that if it was possible, no dealership will let you watch due to "liability" and will tell you to leave. i changed my oil on sunday and get ticked off about it every evening before i go to bed. talked to the service manager today and was told Pete, "my best tech", did the work and he though it was highly doubtful the mess came from them. "we always clean up the area that we work on, was the timing cover clean? we wont clean your whole truck, just the area we work on". "Dude I change my own fluids, you guys are the only ones that touched it since my last oil change. So you didnt have to drain the oil or fill it back up when you pulled the cover off?" It's like telling the guy at the fast food register their food sucks and completing the order, expecting to not get spit in your food when you recieve it...... Im going to have to cancel that friday appointment, gonna give corporate a call and see if they can reach out to another dealer to get it cleaned up. My warranty is almost over and I dont feel like losing more money over this bs.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    i would deffo do that if it was possible, no dealership will let you watch due to "liability" and will tell you to leave. i changed my oil on sunday and get ticked off about it every evening before i go to bed. talked to the service manager today and was told Pete, "my best tech", did the work and he though it was highly doubtful the mess came from them. "we always clean up the area that we work on, was the timing cover clean? we wont clean your whole truck, just the area we work on". "Dude I change my own fluids, you guys are the only ones that touched it since my last oil change. So you didnt have to drain the oil or fill it back up when you pulled the cover off?" It's like telling the guy at the fast food register their food sucks and completing the order, expecting to not get spit in your food when you recieve it...... Im going to have to cancel that friday appointment, gonna give corporate a call and see if they can reach out to another dealer to get it cleaned up. My warranty is almost over and I dont feel like losing more money over this bs.
    Funny, I watch mine all the time. It's my truck... I walk out there like I own the place. I do the same when I have my oil changed (it's worth $20 to have someone with a large hole in the ground do the work, versus me getting greasy, as long as it's done under my watchful eye) or tires worked on.

If they don't like it? Cool, I'll take my business elsewhere. Want me to sign a waiver? No prob.

I doubt another dealer is going to want to help you, because there probably isn't a warranty code for "cleaning up previous dumbass tech's mess".

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    This is the reason I change my own. Take my time, put a catch can right under the filter>>>>no oil over anything.
    2011 XLT FIRE RED CREW CAB

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by raycfe View Post
    This is the reason I change my own. Take my time, put a catch can right under the filter>>>>no oil over anything.
    I do all of the fluid changes myself, my truck was taken in for other reasons, this is an example of why I don't trust them. I change my oil every 3500-4500 ish miles depending on how much I tow. Have changed it over a dozen times with no issues but yet this happens the first time they drain and fill it. I ended up cancelling the appointment for tomorrow, I'm losing sleep over this and the only way to guarantee I wont lose anymore sleep is to clean it myself.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I do all of the fluid changes myself, my truck was taken in for other reasons, this is an example of why I don't trust them. I change my oil every 3500-4500 ish miles depending on how much I tow. Have changed it over a dozen times with no issues but yet this happens the first time they drain and fill it. I ended up cancelling the appointment for tomorrow, I'm losing sleep over this and the only way to guarantee I wont lose anymore sleep is to clean it myself.
    Then I would document it and send them a bill for your time. If they fail to pay, take them to small claims court. They probably won't even show up... then you can move for summary judgement and then file a lien against their property.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links