Diy oil changes and warranty. - Page 2

Diy oil changes and warranty.

This is a discussion on Diy oil changes and warranty. within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; I keep all my receipts, looks like I need to go back and try to come up with dates also. Lol 2016 2.7 4x4 screw...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Diy oil changes and warranty.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3622 times
    I keep all my receipts, looks like I need to go back and try to come up with dates also. Lol

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    If they really want they will fight it and since the dealerships and manufacturers have the money they would probably win.
    I keep a binder with all receipts for oil changes with date/mileage done and I make a copy of the receipt since the thermal receipts will fade. I do this for air filters, brakes, tires, rotation, install of any new/replacements parts as well. Then when I sell the vehicle I can also show the potential buyer this. People do like to see service records and it helps.
    As far as warranty, luckily I've never had a vehicle in for a warranty issue that I would have to prove oil was changed.
    2015 Ingot Silver - 3.5 Ecoboost FX4

Member #
    Liked
    1223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoXLT View Post
    Excel doesn’t prove anything either as well as an oil analysis. I can fake a spread sheet and have the oil in my lawnmower tested and say it was from my truck. Just saying.

Maybe be we can video record ourselves while the oil is actually coming out of the pan. I guess if there was a problem it’s going to be our word against their word. And you know how nasty the warranty guy can be.
    An oil sample holds weight because it is a third party and they can confirm oil was received and probably have data across every car, machinery, including lawn mowers etc and can disprove that.

At the end of the day the law is the law, you are allowed to do it yourself. The dealer would have to prove/determine the oil was the reason on whatever damage occurred IE they sampled the oil themselves when the warranty work ws brought in and determined it was not changed and had been severely degraded causing a bearing to wipe out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    An oil sample holds weight because it is a third party and they can confirm oil was received and probably have data across every car, machinery, including lawn mowers etc and can disprove that..
    Eh, like receipts who says the oil actually came from the vehicle the owner claims. It's all a crap shoot but if the dealer is honest they can tell if the engine has been taken care of or had the same oil in it from 50-60k miles.
    I just do it and don't worry about it. I have as much loyalty to any company as they have to me so if something happens and they don't believe me I won't buy form them again. I know they really won't care but that's life.
    2015 Ingot Silver - 3.5 Ecoboost FX4

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Not sure about oil changes, but when the dealer found a handful of pricey issues with my 2011 at 130k (warped exhaust manifold, leaky turbo coolant fittings, leaking water pump, leaking transmission bulkhead connector, a couple oil leaks) the dealer's Lifetime warranty that came with the truck (we purchased it new) should have covered all repairs... they denied our claim because we could not "prove" that tire rotations were performed at the specified intervals! Guess that uneven tire wear caused my exhaust to overheat... We had all service done at the dealer from the day it was new, but took it to the tire shop for "free" rotations after every oil change. At one point the service manager tried to claim that my handwritten log wasn't valid because to be valid, he said, service records have to be "computer generated..". this was obviously total BS and is not stated anywhere in the warranty paperwork.

This isn't the same as the factory warranty but it sure did chap my a$$!!! Bottom line, if you have a crappy dealer or service department, there is no telling what they may try to pull.

And now I'll digress a bit as this may interest some of you... they found the problems above when we took it in with CEL and complaining of limp mode upon heavy acceleration. The fix, "you need new plugs, again..." no acknowledgement of the CAC issue which I found to be full of sludge while going through the list of common issues once we had given up on fighting the warranty claim.
    Last edited by snydmax; 04-11-2019 at 08:35 PM. Reason: reason for taking to dealer
    2011 FX4 SCrew level’d bagg’d & CAC’d 17.5avmpg

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I keep all the bills of sales and I take picture of , oil jugs , filter , and truck on ramps + the dash milleage indicator and dates of the pictures taken , it would be hard for Ford to deny warranty without proving that my records are not valid

Member #
    Liked
    1167 times

Diy oil changes and warranty.

I keep a google doc for my truck and jeep. I write down the mileage, what was done, and the exact parts used(oil filter brand/pn, oil brand + type). Ill even track tire rotations in there.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE CAC, CRP Manifolds, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100, AirLift RideControl, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, GTB2060 custom build turbo, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper, 4.10's, Detroit Truetracs F/R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links