Torque Steer to Right when in 4wd Auto - 2015 3.5 Eco

This is a discussion on Torque Steer to Right when in 4wd Auto - 2015 3.5 Eco within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Hi thank you for any help in advance. When I put the truck into 4WD automatic it torque steers to the right --> what I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tvsjr
  • 1 Post By Boostking

Thread: Torque Steer to Right when in 4wd Auto - 2015 3.5 Eco

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Hi thank you for any help in advance.

When I put the truck into 4WD automatic it torque steers to the right --> what I would consider to be quite a bit. No load/no acceleration just going down the road not very noticeable. When I give it some gas it will pull to the right and I have to correct with the steering wheel. Take it out of 4wd auto and she goes straight no problem. Car is aligned no more than 5K miles ago.

Also, it makes a "humming" sound that I can physically feel through the peddle. I notice it, I seriously doubt a passenger can, but it is obvious to me. I have always felt/heard this since day one, didn't notice the torque steer early on. Have not tried in 4WD low or high. Just in auto...

Car is a 2015 F150 3.5L Eco Screw. It is the off road/rear locker type. It has 50,000mi.

Any help appreciated. Still has a warranty so I will use that if necessary.

Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    4A does result in some increased NVH, which is normal. The pull to the right is abnormal, and makes me wonder if you have an IWE issue causing less/no power to the LF wheel.
    snakebitten likes this.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    4A does result in some increased NVH, which is normal. The pull to the right is abnormal, and makes me wonder if you have an IWE issue causing less/no power to the LF wheel.
    Exactly what I would have said.

I can "feeeeel" 4A through the steering wheel and lightly in my bare feet on the throttle. (I have a spinal chord injury with diminished feeling below T7)

But I do NOT notice any pull one way or the other. So something is amiss?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thats what I thought. I think I would have noticed this in the past, so I believe it is new.

Off to the dealership...

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Try it in 4WD also. As said above, I can feel that there is a difference when in 4WD (especially when backing up and turning). But no torque steer or pulling.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    873 times
    From what I understand, the 4 Auto setting uses a clutch to apply power back through the transfer case. It sounds like others have mentioned, that one hub is not being engaged and thus the powered side is pulling you (torque steer)

Try 4WD (full) and see if the result is the same. This should engage the clutch fully and send power through all 4 constantly. If the torque steer is still there, I would assume the hub is not engaged and take it to the dealership to get fixed.
    snakebitten likes this.
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Sponsored Links