changing spark plugs

changing spark plugs

This is a discussion on changing spark plugs within the F150 Ecoboost Maintenance forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Ok I just done with mods on my 2016 platinum, roush intake, magnaflow exhaust, cv fab intercooler, afe cold and hot pipes, 170 thermostat and ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: changing spark plugs

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

changing spark plugs

Ok I just done with mods on my 2016 platinum, roush intake, magnaflow exhaust, cv fab intercooler, afe cold and hot pipes, 170 thermostat and can tune, I want to change my spark plug with NGK which one should I get and what gap.

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Come on man. You’re able to figure out all those mods, but can’t search what spark plug to use!?
    Eco-Mica, milesej05 and N4HHE like this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Oh man, that's brutal... Lol
    I use the 534s at .03. With all the possible bolt-ons and GT turbos, they do well for me. Granatelli coils help too!
    Good luck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    SCT Livewire TS+ w/ 5*custom 93 tune / AFE CAI / AFE Blade Runner charge pipe / AFE 4" cat back / Snow Performance water/meth kit / 170 Tstat / CR Performance full bore exhaust manifolds / Full Race GT Turbos / Turbo Smart BOVs / UPR dual catch can / SP534 Plugs at .03 Some others; Hellwig sway bars / Bilstein shocks / Pro Comp add a leafs / walnut blast valves / 180k miles orig. eng. / heavy foot

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mulyhuntr you must not understand what i am asking, when moding you car it comes to a point that tuners all want to use ngk cooper plugs and with turbo or supercharged they may want to use a cooler plug and lower gap. I am new to ford, so thats why I ask, I come from high power chevy cars, 98 ss camaro 650 hp, ss chevy trailblazer 700 hp supercharged with cooler ngk cooper plug lower gap.

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ssam98 View Post
    Mulyhuntr you must not understand what i am asking, when moding you car it comes to a point that tuners all want to use ngk cooper plugs and with turbo or supercharged they may want to use a cooler plug and lower gap. I am new to ford, so thats why I ask, I come from high power chevy cars, 98 ss camaro 650 hp, ss chevy trailblazer 700 hp supercharged with cooler ngk cooper plug lower gap.
    if you were to do a search, you’d find the oem plug gapped .026”-.028” is the way to go.
    milesej05 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulyhuntr View Post
    if you were to do a search, you’d find the oem plug gapped .026”-.028” is the way to go.
    .03 is just fine too....? Of course I stick to 10k mile interval changes

SCT Livewire TS+ w/ 5*custom 93 tune / AFE CAI / AFE Blade Runner charge pipe / AFE 4" cat back / Snow Performance water/meth kit / 170 Tstat / CR Performance full bore exhaust manifolds / Full Race GT Turbos / Turbo Smart BOVs / UPR dual catch can / SP534 Plugs at .03 Some others; Hellwig sway bars / Bilstein shocks / Pro Comp add a leafs / walnut blast valves / 180k miles orig. eng. / heavy foot

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblest View Post
    .03 is just fine too....? Of course I stick to 10k mile interval changes

And you also think granatelli coils help your truck somehow...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    milesej05 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Not exactly sure how to take your question, but Yeah they do, especially since I was on original coils at 200k+ miles. Except for switching a couple that were getting misfire counts over time. Allot of maintenance and I held out on coils... Bad me...
    I'm one to spend the extra money for anything that's going to advance things.
    Thought?

ssam98 likes this.

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblest View Post
    Not exactly sure how to take your question, but Yeah they do, especially since I was on original coils at 200k+ miles. Except for switching a couple that were getting misfire counts over time. Allot of maintenance and I held out on coils... Bad me...
    I'm one to spend the extra money for anything that's going to advance things.
    Thought?

Thought is those granatelli coils are nothing more than 3rd party turds with a sticker on them. If you think they are an improvement over OE coils or increased your power over what new OE coils would have, you would be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    milesej05 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Um, I watched the YouTube video they put up with Dyno charting, ect. And I was sold...

So are you saying I'm gullible? What are you saying? Where do you live? Line up? Let's go?

Really got me heated, maybe they are nothing but OEM with stickers. What's your experience?

Meanwhile, I'm going to bed!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links