OEDRO floor mat review

OEDRO floor mat review

This is a discussion on OEDRO floor mat review within the F150 Ecoboost Accessories forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; As a few of you may know I was the lucky winner of the OEDRO Floor Mat set for the super crew ( https://bit.ly/2EbOZ9A ) ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott91370

Thread: OEDRO floor mat review

Member #
    Liked
    158 times

OEDRO floor mat review

As a few of you may know I was the lucky winner of the OEDRO Floor Mat set for the super crew ( https://bit.ly/2EbOZ9A ) and one of the conditions to be considered was leaving honest short and long-term reviews.

So here we go with my initial (I will post a follow up VERY soon)...

Short version: So far, So good.

Unfortunately, I was out of town when they arrived, so I had to wait an extra day to see them.
    I was shock at first at the size of the box they came in but since the rear section is one piece it makes total sense. The box is about 3'4" x 2'4" x 6". The items are packed so that each of the two fronts are in their own wrap so none of the three pieces touch and scratch each other.
    The driver’s side has factory style clips to hold it in place and an extra is included. When installing it, it clicks in place nice and tight just like the factory. Installation, as you would imagine, was easy. Out with the old, in with the new. It probably took longer to type that than to do the actual install. The mats did not lay flat — AT FIRST. Which isn’t a big surprise, they were in a box. After a couple of days they have settled in pretty well and I would imagine after it warms up here they will relax a little more and fit the outline of the truck’s floor very well, if not perfectly. I would suggest if you get these when it is cool/cold out to let them sit in the house for a day or so, unboxed, so they can get ‘softer’ and they would probably lay down without issue. Heck, even in the summer putting them in the sun for an hour or so would help. The fronts are great. They go up towards the firewall and back under the seat as well as from the console all the way under the door for total coverage. The rear is gigantic; stretching from door to door and from under the front seats all the way to the small under seat cargo storage. The rear mat somewhat locks into place around the seat mounts.
    I never thought I would want a set of these because one of my worries was that they would be slick/slippery but they’re not. They have some grip and feel comfortable underfoot.
    The cleaning instructions say you can use Armor-All but I think that would be a mistake. After I get them dirty I will do another piece about cleaning them — I’ll try a few different things to see what works best for me.

Here are a few pics. The cat wasn’t in the box, but she does like to be part of everything.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Size:  165.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  207.2 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  212.2 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  183.3 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  163.0 KB

If you have any questions or comments please post up and I will do my best to answer.
    2015 Ingot Silver - 3.5 Ecoboost FX4

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Coverage looks really good. I also like the bump out under the brake pedal. A lot of manufacturers cut this area short and you get water/mud under the mat in this area.

How's the warping factor now that they have laid flat? Do they curl up at the edges?
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    What's the price point on these?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    The coverage is excellent, I don't know if I will ever have to vacuum again!!

They list for like $120 on their site but I have seen people say they have gotten them on sale/coupon code for $75-$85.

100% honesty here: I would have never bought them because I didn't see the 'need' but now that I have them WOW! I really do like them. I'm getting my latest review written so I can post it shortly.

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    After a few weeks I've really come to like these mats. When I would see people talk about spending the $100+ on a set I thought they were crazy! I mean, what's wrong with the factory set? Well, nothing. But they aren't made to contain spills and dirt like these. I honestly don't know if these are made of rubber or plastic or maybe a mix of the two but they are comfortable underfoot; actually add some cushion, not slippery - even when wet and cleaning them is so much easier than trying to vacuum the factory carpet set. My only wish is that our wet season hadn't already ended and I could have really gotten them muddy to see just how easy the dried muck would come off. But I did get them a little muddy and they do clean with ease. I took the front two out, sprayed them off then used a rag to wipe them down. A final rinse and they looked brand new again. Total time to clean one of the fronts was maybe 3 minutes!
    The fit has gotten better on the edges after they have been in the truck, which was something I expected. They were able to relax and the edges now lay almost perfect to most of the truck. And the coverage is excellent. I may never have to vacuum he carpet again because it covers so high on the firewall side and up the sides that I don't see how anything will be able to get under them. As far as fit, this first picture shows the 'worst' gap of all. It's not bad by any means!! And it may even relax some more once it starts to get hot here and has a chance to relax more.

I would say the pros are way more numerous than the cons of which I have only found two.
    In the rear there is only one mat, this isn't the con though. The problem is the mat does not lock around the bottom of the seat as it does on the other side. I don't think it is going to be an issue long term it just doesn't lock around the frame of the front seat. I know not all trucks are exact so this could be part of the problem.
    Here I am holding it in place. When I'm not holding it, the mat is about 1/2" higher. The seat does not catch it when I move forward/backward so I do not see it causing any problems.

The second con is on the front mats. When comparing them to the rear where the mat ends by the door and the rear mat has a lip which will keep liquid from getting onto the carpet, the fronts do not have this. It could be one of two reasons that I could see. 1) Slipped the designer's mind (2) Would look a little odd. More than likely the latter.
    Hopefully what I am explaining can be seen in thee two pics.

So at this time I would say that I have no desire to go back to the factory style and I totally understand now why people do spend the money on these. I will be adding them to any vehicle I buy that they are made for. I do wear boots to work every day and so far there is no scuffing of the material.

I do plan on doing a couple more updates, Since our wet season is gone it may be a few months but hopefully when hunting season in Colorado starts we get enough rain/snow that I get to really put these to the test to keep mud and slush off the carpet.

Again, if you have any questions about these, please let me know. I will do my desk to answer!
    Elmore328 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    So after having these in the truck for about 2 months here is a short update.

They have gotten quite dirty. A little muddy, had those pesky small rocks that get stuck in the boot soles scraped across them and just every day dirt. I didn't clean them for this long purposefully because I wanted to get them looking bad. Well, they never got bad looking. You could tell I've used them and they aren't brand new BUT taking them out and shaking off the dirt/rocks/dried mud made them look pretty good. I grabbed a cloth and some dish soap, prayed down the mat and gave it a once over. Let is sit in the sun for a bit to dry and WOW! The scuffs are 'washed' away leaving what looks to be an almost new floor mat. I have no idea what they're made of but the surface seems to shrug off any of the damage I've done. The spot where my heel sits is cleaned up and the dirt doesn't even look like it was ever there. I must say, I am impressed!
    Our rainy season is gone and we don't get a lot of snow but after my annual hunting trip to Colorado where we either get a bunch of rain and/or snow will be the last test as far as what these can handle. The final true test would have to be longevity - just how long these can go until I actually rub a hole in the driver's side where my heel rests. That would be the only thing I can see happening to these long term - maybe a few years down the line.
    So at this time, the only thing I can think of would be some kind of replacement pad in that area to make them as near indestructible as something like this cold get.

I will keep you guys informed of any changes or updates I have on these, good or bad.

Sponsored Links