Advice on poor PPF install.

This is a discussion on Advice on poor PPF install. within the F150 Ecoboost Accessories forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I had Llumar paint protection film put on my new truck. Roof, A pillars, 22" hood, fenders, bumper, rocker panels. They did a **** job. ...

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

I had Llumar paint protection film put on my new truck. Roof, A pillars, 22" hood, fenders, bumper, rocker panels. They did a **** job. Nearly every panel has lifting, tons of small bubbles remain a month later... They are making me wait 10 more days to bring the truck back in for them to "look" at it. Apart from them re-doing the whole thing, how would you guys reccomend I approach the situation? Obviously if I could get my money back and take it elsewhere I would, but I doubt they will do that. I'm just dreading missing another day of work to get it to them to have them **** it up again.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    448 times
    I would personally ask them if they think this is acceptable if they screw around on the answer tell them you would like the money back so you can go somewhere else. If they are upset with their job, ask for a different installer and get a discount for missing work and get it in writing as well.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    I'd call my credit card company and dispute the charges, alleging poor workmanship. Then I'd call Llumar and ask them if this is the standard quality of their product, and provide them many pictures. Tell them you'd like the issue fixed, and you'd appreciate a recommendation on who to go see in your area.

No way I'd go back to the same place. Making a mistake on one little area, OK. They did all of that and it's *all* farked up? They obviously suck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    ****ty thing is I payed debit, so no CC recourse unfortunately. I'll book off early to go in in person and explain what I expect the next time I get my truck back. I wonder if they'd refund me my debit purchase and let me put it on credit instead this go around...

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Properly installed it should be damn near invisible minus the line on the hood/fenders where the film starts/stops. If this is the case (lifting, bubbles, marking) on almost every piece, I would ask them for my money back, remove the film and go elsewhere. With that being said...if you go that route...once the film has been removed GO OVER IT WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS. You are looking for cuts in the clearcoat/paint...I will guarantee there are some, unfortunately. If they are that shoddy on the install, I will bet they don't know how to cut PPF on a painted surface. I have been installing tint and PPF for almost 12 years...I've seen my fair share of work completed by others that I am sure my 12 year old could do better.

Good luck and I hope you get this resolved as soon as possible.
    2018 XLT Sport
    Audison FORZA AP8.9 Bit, Focal K2 front stage & 12" sub, Hertz, Knukonceptz, Hushmat
    2.25" Readylift level w/Fuel Beast & 34.5" Toyo AT2 Xtremes, MBRP, S&B
    Raptor steering wheel w/functional paddles, 5* Tuned
    Complete tint & paint protection film

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Just post some pics of it and that will raise some some concern I'd think? I have no idea what you are describing, but if I could SEE it, I'd have a better idea.

Mitch
    2013 F150 SuperCab 4x4 XLT Max Tow 3.73 Egoboost. #7700 GVWR, #1920 payload. Bilstein 5100 shocks, PowerStop "Max Tow" brakes. Hellwig 2500 overload spings. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F, #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchf150 View Post
    Just post some pics of it and that will raise some some concern I'd think? I have no idea what you are describing, but if I could SEE it, I'd have a better idea.

Mitch
    Good idea, I'll post some pics either tomorrow or the day after, when I clean it. I truly don't know how receptive the shop will be to straight up giving me my money back. In my opinion most of the sheets are going to have to be replaced as they have lifted in places. There's also a large bubble on the hood piece where I can see where they pressed it out with their fingers leaving a large blemish in the film itself.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    So does it look like those 'failed' rear window tints that are all bubbled up?

Mitch
    2013 F150 SuperCab 4x4 XLT Max Tow 3.73 Egoboost. #7700 GVWR, #1920 payload. Bilstein 5100 shocks, PowerStop "Max Tow" brakes. Hellwig 2500 overload spings. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F, #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchf150 View Post
    So does it look like those 'failed' rear window tints that are all bubbled up?

Mitch
    There quite a few small bubbles remaining 1-3mm range.

Sponsored Links