Towing bobcat?? - Page 2

Towing bobcat??

This is a discussion on Towing bobcat?? within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Thanks @ Mitchf150 Ill look into everything and report back when everything is done!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Towing bobcat??

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Thanks @Mitchf150 Ill look into everything and report back when everything is done!
    2011 F-150 xlt SuperCrew 4X4 3.55

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I tow a bobcat s185 on an open car trailer with my 14 Screw FX4 all the time. With factory rake I do not need a wdh. Not saying it won't be better, but if you are not going crazy distances or towing all the time you will be fine. Best of luck!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Also just a tip, make sure your tires are inflated to max(or close to it) psi to reduce sidewall flex and help prevent trailer sway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1075 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SENDIT View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, two more things. For someone that doesn't tow super heavy very often should I be ok with just a Curt Mfg WDH or do I need to look at a more expensive option? Im looking at installing an oem trailer brake controller myself, I know that Ill have to get it flashed by the dealer but will I have to install any fuses or anything like that? Thanks for the help all!
    As far as I know the brake controller should be plug-n-play if you already have the 7 pin wiring harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SENDIT likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    @nomad15 what tires are you running, I'm currently trying to kill my stockers so I can upgrade will they suffice? I don't mind a little squirrelieness but don't want it to be excessive.
    @mass-hole I have the 7 pin harness so should I be good to go?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    @nomad15 what tires are you running, I'm currently trying to kill my stockers so I can upgrade will they suffice? I don't mind a little squirrelieness but don't want it to be excessive.
    I have Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx's at 305/55/20. They are rated at 3200 #'s a tire for that size. There are a bunch of good options in street, AT, or MT treads. Just know that changing sizes typically changes weight ratings as well, and they can go up and down with no correlation on larger or smaller tires for the most part.
    SENDIT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    Thanks for all the replies, two more things. For someone that doesn't tow super heavy very often should I be ok with just a Curt Mfg WDH or do I need to look at a more expensive option? Im looking at installing an oem trailer brake controller myself, I know that Ill have to get it flashed by the dealer but will I have to install any fuses or anything like that? Thanks for the help all!
    Just get forscan and do it that way yourself.. Plus you can do a bajillion other neat things.

SENDIT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    @mass-hole I have the 7 pin harness so should I be good to go?
    Iíd also look into nittoís. Their tire game is pretty superb with their recent releases. I havenít ran those coopers that nomadís using, but Iíve ran their other tires in the past. They are an ok tire, but Iím very much more impressed with every set of nittos ive had the past three trucks.

AllWhiteEco and SENDIT like this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Thanks for the info @nomad15 I'll have to do some shopping around and see what looks good!
    @ptown I've heard of forscan but honestly don't quite understand how it works. Where do you get it and what does it cost?? I'll also have a look at the nittos and see what I like!

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    its free online but you'll need the Bluetooth wireless android adapter.....search ELM327

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links