Upgrading my ecoboost towing capabilities - Page 4

Upgrading my ecoboost towing capabilities

This is a discussion on Upgrading my ecoboost towing capabilities within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Rds912 I have to say. This project is more work than expected. The AFE charge pipes are providing to ummmm, stubborn. I’m ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Upgrading my ecoboost towing capabilities

Member #
    Liked
    1099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rds912 View Post
    I have to say. This project is more work than expected. The AFE charge pipes are providing to ummmm, stubborn. I’m sure there is a secret to lining them up right, but so far just a lot of cussing. Also I wasn’t expecting as much oil in the bottom of the CAC. I’m thinking of a catch can to reduce the amount of oil in the intake system. I realize this is normal, but it would make sense to me anyway to try to keep it as clean as possible. The mishimoto intercooler, and full race radiator are built like tanks and would appear to offer a lot more cooling capacity than the stock system. I see a lot of talk about removing the diverted for the oil cooler and using only an oil to air cooler. What about using both? Also I’m sure if I searched hard enough, but does anyone know if the fans stay on high the entire time the ac is on.

Any suggestions.
    My AFE Intercooler kinda sucks and I would never recommend anyone pay full price for one. I bought mine used for a solid price so I am not too butthurt about it. But if the quality of their intercooler is any indication I wouldn't trust their other parts.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    My AFE Intercooler kinda sucks and I would never recommend anyone pay full price for one. I bought mine used for a solid price so I am not too butthurt about it. But if the quality of their intercooler is any indication I wouldn't trust their other parts.
    I went with a Mishimoto intercooler. I can tell you AFE customer service sucks. I bought the pipes from another forum member for a great price. Somewhere along the line (pretty sure on my end) the aluminum adapter for the cold side was lost. Called AFE to buy another one. Told me they won’t sell individual pieces. They come as a kit only. He said if was a warranty issue they could send one out. Ummm I thought you said they only come as a kit. Well if it’s under warranty we can send out just that one piece. So I asked if they could send it out for free under warranty why can’t you sell me one. Nope. Have to pay for the entire cold side pipe. Yeah. No more AFE products for me.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    I kinda forgot about the cooling issues from last year. I did keep it under control with shifting but that gets old so it'll probably be next year before I get to it. It can be done though. I towed to the coast of Texas in August. Guess the elevation was on my side though.

Crazy how fast the coolant temps shoot up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links