None of my faucets work on my Trailer

This is a discussion on None of my faucets work on my Trailer within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I took my trailer to moab maybe a month ago and everything was fine. When i got home i put anti freeze in it simce ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: None of my faucets work on my Trailer

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times

I took my trailer to moab maybe a month ago and everything was fine. When i got home i put anti freeze in it simce it was still getting cold at night.

Anyways, i go to flush the system today and get no water from any faucet. I hooked up the city water and same issue. The thing is, when i open the drains under the fridge water shoots out continuously. Same with the hot water tank drain. The toilet also appears to flush like normal. So something is causing all the faucets to be clogged.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Is the valve at the water pump set ˝way between normal and bypass? I never touch mine since climate doesn't require winterizing. But I think the valve is used for folks that winterize. (It might be for bypassing the hot water heater?)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    Update. Turns out the filters on the faucets were clogged. Pulled the filters and ran only the aerator and this is what got caught

curtcharlespdx likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Is the valve at the water pump set ˝way between normal and bypass? I never touch mine since climate doesn't require winterizing. But I think the valve is used for folks that winterize. (It might be for bypassing the hot water heater?)

I only have a valve between the pump and water tank. I closed this when i switched to city hookup to prevent it from draining into the tank. I also think my one valve in the pump is bad but that is another story and was also gunna put in a replacement today.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    I only have a valve between the pump and water tank. I closed this when i switched to city hookup to prevent it from draining into the tank. I also think my one valve in the pump is bad but that is another story and was also gunna put in a replacement today.
    So this typical video does not represent your RV's plumbing diagram?

(I realize that there are variations across RV's, but I thought most had these opinions)

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times

Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    So this typical video does not represent your RV's plumbing diagram?

(I realize that there are variations across RV's, but I thought most had these opinions)

Oh sorry. You were asking about the pickup hose just in fromt of the pump. No that was shut.

The faucets were clogged with that crap in my picture above. They work now but now concerned about what the hell that is. Could it be from the hot water heater?

I dont use the water tank for drinking anyways. Only for cooking and cleaning. Just hope the water heater didnt poop the bed over the winter.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 05-10-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Have you watched any RV assembly videos?

Don't! It's scary. Lol
    They can build your RV in about 7 minutes.

OK, a bit of exaggeration. But let's just say it is NOT carpenters, electricians, and plumbers. Instead, it's some folks that are paid by the piece! It's super fast and if sawdust or plastic pipe cuttings, or any other unintended scraps found entry into one piece of tubing or pipe used in your RV, nothing would prevent it. Or correct it.

Clean those screens and flush all your systems out and you are good to go. Fortunately it's a rather small and closed system. There's only so much that could hide.

Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    Easiest way to winterize is with compressed air. Just blow out the lines.

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulyhuntr View Post
    Easiest way to winterize is with compressed air. Just blow out the lines.
    This is what i did last fall and thats how the one way valve on the pump crapped the bed. Apparently it didnt all get cleared out and the valve frozen.
    Kinguni likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    This is what i did last fall and thats how the one way valve on the pump crapped the bed. Apparently it didnt all get cleared out and the valve frozen.
    I like my RV antifreeze. Dewinterized today (finally a forecast without serious freezing in it) and everything is good. Sanitizing the system currently in prep for next weekend. Even the mystery leak by the city water hook up is dry. Thought I broke something on our last camping excursion last year when the temperature dipped several degrees below freezing.
    2018 3.5 XLT 302a XTS SCREW LB Max Tow Magnetic No Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links