Towing full time

Towing full time

This is a discussion on Towing full time within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Put the house up for sale late yesterday afternoon, May 9. 8:30am May 10, today, we get a call from our agent with an offer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Towing full time

Member #
    Liked
    71 times

Towing full time

Put the house up for sale late yesterday afternoon, May 9. 8:30am May 10, today, we get a call from our agent with an offer $1k over asking price. AND.....it's the same guy we bought the house from. He wants to move back in. Guess we will be towing and living in the TT until we decide where we want to live. Think I better buy a lottery ticket, feeling really lucky right now.
    2018 Guard (WTH kinda name is that for a color) * F-150 XLT S/Crew 2.7 * 3.55 rear * Trailer Tow Package * 18" Hankook's * Pro Backup Assist * Tailgate Step * Running Boards * Fog Lights * stubby antenna * full BedRug * Gator Tonneau * windows tinted dark as legal in Florida *

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfla View Post
    Put the house up for sale late yesterday afternoon, May 9. 8:30am May 10, today, we get a call from our agent with an offer $1k over asking price. AND.....it's the same guy we bought the house from. He wants to move back in. Guess we will be towing and living in the TT until we decide where we want to live. Think I better buy a lottery ticket, feeling really lucky right now.
    Search the place high to low. May of forgot his retirement / life savings that is located in the kitchen after knocking three times and removing the wood floor plank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    noodles, Kinguni and cajunfla like this.
    2013 Ford F-150 Lariat Ecoboost. Max Tow Package w/ 6.5 foot bed.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    LOL. Probably true. I would make a pass through all the attic/crawl spaces as well.
    cajunfla likes this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1784 times
    Yeah, I caught a few episodes of Moonshiners.......definitely check the walls for any out of place boards and or suspicious wall mountings-lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    cajunfla likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    Pliz report back with your fortune. lol
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    For all we know, it might not be money he left behind. Ever forget about that body you buried in your backyard? Happens to me all the time.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    For all we know, it might not be money he left behind. Ever forget about that body you buried in your backyard? Happens to me all the time.
    As in singular? Gotta get those numbers up.. to bodies.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Congrats on getting over the asking. Just as an aside, who set that asking price? You? Or the agent? I've had limited experience with agents but the ones I have had experience with do a really good job at selling homes quickly, as long as they can put the right asking price. Doesn't mean you can't price higher and get more, but they aren't really interested in taking a month to sell a place, right? Anyways, rant off lol.

As for felling very lucky, if you have not full-timed before, it can be a challenge. First off, I would recommend full hookup places, just because you don't know how long your going to be there. After that, inquire about how long you can be there, some places have rules about length of stay, or just length of stay at a particular campsite.

Last, I am hoping you have either paired down your "stuff" to what fits in your trailer or have made arrangements for long term storage. Depending on how long you have been there, you would be surprised at how much stuff you amass over time. When we moved, we spent about 2 months selling off anything didn't want or have attachment to, in a garage sale. In the meantime we called one of those 1-800-Junk places to remove some stuff from the basement that wasn't going to sell or go with us. After that, we proceeded to fill one entire POD to the top front and back, and then 2 full storage units after that with "stuff" we wanted to keep.

After we moved in, we filled the house with the stuff from the POD, and then emptied most of the contents of the storage units into the 2 1/2 car garage, some went to the kids basement, some to their house. Took awhile to unpack the house so I could start moving things in from the garage. Started in october, got the garage usable for vehicles by the time the snow came, so did pretty good. Gave more stuff away to good will after we unpacked, got the rest of our stuff back, and yet a couple years later we still having some moving boxes worth of stuff in the basement/attic/etc.

Just amazes me how much stuff you can accumulate over time.
    2018 Magnetic F150 XLT SuperCrew 2.7l Ecoboost/302A

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post

Just amazes me how much stuff you can accumulate over time.
    Ditto. Just went through this with my father moving into our house. Not only do you accumulate a lot of stuff, but if you want to recoup any of that money or feel "good" about where it ends up, IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME. Sending old photos to relatives, donating a few items, holding garage sales, making trips to the dump, relocating things into long term storage. etc. etc. It's really a big "reassessment and reorganization" effort.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    Ditto. Just went through this with my father moving into our house. Not only do you accumulate a lot of stuff, but if you want to recoup any of that money or feel "good" about where it ends up, IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME. Sending old photos to relatives, donating a few items, holding garage sales, making trips to the dump, relocating things into long term storage. etc. etc. It's really a big "reassessment and reorganization" effort.
    When my grandfather passed away we were amazed how much there was. He was the most organized person Ive ever met so it looked like there wasnt much but every little thing was packed with care and easily had twice what I could get into the same space lol.

We were pleased that there was no "Junk" just 50 years worth of stuff from him, my grandma, two kids, 5 kids and 3 great grand kids that all have spent time over the years at that house. I was a sad day when we listed it after clearing it out.
    2011 F-150 xlt SuperCrew 4X4 3.55

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links