Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow? - Page 2

Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow?

This is a discussion on Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow? within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by jodster I thought you couldn't get the HDPP in a Lariat anymore? I'm thinking of ordering a HDPP next year and was ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow?

Member #
    Liked
    1089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jodster View Post
    I thought you couldn't get the HDPP in a Lariat anymore? I'm thinking of ordering a HDPP next year and was planning on sticking with a XLT. I just wish I could get the 302A like I have now.
    Whoops, didnt see this. But yeah this. I thought they killed it off.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    1089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Yeah, but only the 500A Lariat. Which seems stupid. I would have gone HDPP if I could go 502A... hell, I might have gone Super Duty if there was a forced-induction gas engine option. But, no...
    Yeah, I dont get this. If there was a 3.5 option in the F250 i would seriously think about it over a HDPP. Everyone always says the 3.5 isnt meant for HD service, but what is the difference between me towing my current setup with an F150 and an F250? Nothing. If anything they could fit 2x the cooling system into the 250 and it would be better.
    Jeep Shadow likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklaus View Post
    My 2019 Lariat 3.5 EB has 2469 lbs of payload. Yes, it has the HDPP package 🙂
    I thought they got rid of the Lariat for 2019.
    It is true for US trims. Here in Canada, the HDPP package is stil available in Lariat 500A.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3079 times
    I thought you couldn't get the HDPP in a Lariat anymore? I'm thinking of ordering a HDPP next year and was planning on sticking with a XLT. I just wish I could get the 302A like I have now.
    You can't get the 302A, but if you very carefully pick each item IN the 302A package, you can get very very close to a HDPP 302A truck unofficially.

And in CrewCab format still get 2800# Payload.

As close to a dolled up (Sans Leather) Ecoboost F250 as you can get. Killer unicorn truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    Yeah, I dont get this. If there was a 3.5 option in the F250 i would seriously think about it over a HDPP. Everyone always says the 3.5 isnt meant for HD service, but what is the difference between me towing my current setup with an F150 and an F250? Nothing. If anything they could fit 2x the cooling system into the 250 and it would be better.
    Screw that. I'm thinking EcoBoost Coyote! Although they need to fix the spray-in liner/oil consumption issue first.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3079 times
    I couldn't get this out of my mind. I wanted to discount the whole notion as just a fella airing his dream, but the more I thought about it..........

I had several SuperDuty trucks during the lonnnng run for the 6.9 and 7.3 Era.

The Gen2 3.5 is arguably more than a match on paper, in both torque and HP. Actually, it tromps them, albeit with the sacrifice of economy and lifespan. (but also for $THOUSANDS less than the diesel upgrade cost)

So heck yea! Give me a current generation F250 XLT with the far stouter chassis, and the room to address those "cooling" upgrades you mentioned, and I'd buy it! In a heartbeat.

Having said all that though, I might be the perfect customer for the new 7.? gasser coming. My only complaint is it probably isn't fun enough.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It is true for US trims. Here in Canada, the HDPP package is stil available in Lariat 500A.
    That explains it.

Road trip?
    2017 XLT Crew 4x4
    3.5 Eco Max Trailer
    2015 Jayco Flight SLX 264BHW

Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    I couldn't get this out of my mind. I wanted to discount the whole notion as just a fella airing his dream, but the more I thought about it..........

I had several SuperDuty trucks during the lonnnng run for the 6.9 and 7.3 Era.

The Gen2 3.5 is arguably more than a match on paper, in both torque and HP. Actually, it tromps them, albeit with the sacrifice of economy and lifespan. (but also for $THOUSANDS less than the diesel upgrade cost)

So heck yea! Give me a current generation F250 XLT with the far stouter chassis, and the room to address those "cooling" upgrades you mentioned, and I'd buy it! In a heartbeat.

Having said all that though, I might be the perfect customer for the new 7.? gasser coming. My only complaint is it probably isn't fun enough.
    For the diesel upgrade cost of the 6.7, you could buy a built 3.5EB to have sitting around just waiting to go in when the first one crapped itself.

The new 7.3 (IIRC) gasser would be a lot more fun with a Whipple on top.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    you could buy a built 3.5EB to have sitting around just waiting to go in when the first one crapped itself.
    You might not be aware of just how accurately you pegged me.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    That explains it.

Road trip?
    What do you mean by road trip? You want me to travel to US in order to sell it to the biggest offer ? 😉

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links