Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow? - Page 3

Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow?

This is a discussion on Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow? within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by snakebitten You might not be aware of just how accurately you pegged me. Oh, I've got a pretty good idea! I'd be ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone with a 2019 Lariat with max tow?

Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    You might not be aware of just how accurately you pegged me.
    Oh, I've got a pretty good idea! I'd be doing the same thing for my 150 if I had the budget.
    snakebitten likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I've got a 2019 XLT 3.5 EB Supercrew with a 5.5' bed #7000 GVWR and Max Tow and my yellow sticker shows #1835 Payload.

Was told it had the HDPP but I'm thinking maybe that isn't true seeing other numbers? I'll have to check the window sticker when I get home.

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    I couldn't get this out of my mind. I wanted to discount the whole notion as just a fella airing his dream, but the more I thought about it..........

I had several SuperDuty trucks during the lonnnng run for the 6.9 and 7.3 Era.

The Gen2 3.5 is arguably more than a match on paper, in both torque and HP. Actually, it tromps them, albeit with the sacrifice of economy and lifespan. (but also for $THOUSANDS less than the diesel upgrade cost)

So heck yea! Give me a current generation F250 XLT with the far stouter chassis, and the room to address those "cooling" upgrades you mentioned, and I'd buy it! In a heartbeat.

Having said all that though, I might be the perfect customer for the new 7.? gasser coming. My only complaint is it probably isn't fun enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The new 7.3L is gunna be sweet as long as the specs are what I think they should be. Finally a gas motor in an HD that doesnt make me instantly sad and feel like I need to drop $10,000 on a diesel.
    snakebitten likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph322 View Post
    I've got a 2019 XLT 3.5 EB Supercrew with a 5.5' bed #7000 GVWR and Max Tow and my yellow sticker shows #1835 Payload.

Was told it had the HDPP but I'm thinking maybe that isn't true seeing other numbers? I'll have to check the window sticker when I get home.
    No. It would have 7700 or 7850 lb GVWR if you had HDPP depending on the wheel size. 1800 lbs is about par for the course when it comes to a regular XLT.
    Joseph322 likes this.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph322 View Post

On top of what mass-hole said, you would also have a 6.5 Bed. Period.

If you go to the Ford build site and just start with the CrewCab and then select Max Payload (HDDP), it will automatically force you into the 6.5 Bed because Max Payload requires the longer wheelbase.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    The new 7.3L is gunna be sweet as long as the specs are what I think they should be. Finally a gas motor in an HD that doesnt make me instantly sad and feel like I need to drop $10,000 on a diesel.
    I agree. That motor looks like it's going to be a gas workhorse. And although I know it's marketing, the design intent is VERY specific to the mission of a SuperDuty and longevity.

But the same things that make it that kind of motor doesn't seem to lend itself to hooliganism, if you know what I mean. Although it definitely is going to make its power off the bottom, for a NA motor.

These dang Ecoboosts kinda gets you spoiled on their Jekyll-Hyde personality.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    hmmmmmmmmmmm, I was told the HDPP was not available with the Lariate, only xl and xlt

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flyflotr View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmm, I was told the HDPP was not available with the Lariate, only xl and xlt
    Tapatalk double post

Last edited by snakebitten; 05-16-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    I just tested Ford's build site.
    Once you choose Lariat trim, Ford removes the Max Payload package from the menu.

It's there for XL and XLT

So I believe you must have heard correctly.

Note: As stated previously, you must choose the long wheelbase as well, or the package is unavailable.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I just tested Ford's build site.
    Once you choose Lariat trim, Ford removes the Max Payload package from the menu.

It's there for XL and XLT

So I believe you must have heard correctly.

Note: As stated previously, you must choose the long wheelbase as well, or the package is unavailable.

HDPP stil available in Canada with Lariat 500A

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links