Booster springs

Booster springs

This is a discussion on Booster springs within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Loving my 2018 F-150 XL 2.7 ecoboost. However it squats a little when fully loaded for trip. Camper is about 4klbs. dry and has load ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Booster springs

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Booster springs

Loving my 2018 F-150 XL 2.7 ecoboost. However it squats a little when fully loaded for trip. Camper is about 4klbs. dry and has load leveling hitch and golf cart is about 1klbs. I'm probably getting close to the payload with passengers. Any recommendations for booster springs that won't take away from its smooth ride when empty? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3199 times
    You don't think that golf gart is the culprit?

Your "tongue weight" on that little trailer isn't the burden. Especially with WDH.

Yaw gonna have fun though. Nice camping setup

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I use the SumoSprings and have been happy with them so far. I would definitely say it is the golf cart causing your issues. Did you setup your WDH with the golf cart in the back and is this your normal camping setup?
    5Star Tune: 87 Perf/Tow, 91 Perf/Tow and 91 Perf; 1000 lbs SumoSprings; KO2 Tires; K&N filter replacement; BOV mod; SOLO MACH-46 4" Cat-Back; Febreeze new car scent air freshener

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yea I'm sure the golf cart is the main culprit. I've only changed the ball height to get the camper level due to the squat from the cart weight. I had this same setup with an 04 F150 for lariat, 5.4L and Goodyear Wrangled LT tires without any squat. But the 04 had a few hundred lbs. more payload limit. Thanks for the input btw!

Member #
    Liked
    278 times
    I put in the Firestone air bags to counter the squat. No matter how much I adjusted the WDH, I still had about 1 to 1 1/2 of squat with my setup.
    snakebitten likes this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Checked out Firestone airbags and other brands. A lot to choose from and price range. I like the airbag option as seemingly being able to add support when needed but retain the smooth empty ride. Anyone familiar with Air/Lift brand?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Been around since 1949!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Perhaps you need to consider heavier spring bars. They should be sized to reflect the trailer tongue weight PLUS the weight in the bed of the truck that is behind the rear axle. So part of the weight of the golf cart should be factored into the capacity of the spring bars.
    2015 F150 XL sCab Sport 4x2, Race Red, 2.7 Ecoboost, 3.73 E-lock, Tow package, Integrated trailer brake controller, Bizon tri-fold tonneau, OEM drop-in bedliner, otherwise stock

If more restrictive gun laws were the answer, then Chicago and California would be the safest places to live.

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwalt View Post
    Checked out Firestone airbags and other brands. A lot to choose from and price range. I like the airbag option as seemingly being able to add support when needed but retain the smooth empty ride. Anyone familiar with Air/Lift brand?
    Yes. If you go with the Airlift brand, get the 2000 lb Ridecontrol airbags, don't get the 5000's. The 5000's are overkill and I have heard a lot of people say they ride rough even empty.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE CAC, CRP Manifolds, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100, AirLift RideControl, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, GTB2060 custom build turbo, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper, 4.10's, Detroit Truetracs F/R

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Airbags are the way to go.
    2011 FX4 SCrew level’d bagg’d & CAC’d 17.5avmpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links