Pics of your F150 EB Towing! - Page 230

Pics of your F150 EB Towing!

This is a discussion on Pics of your F150 EB Towing! within the F150 Ecoboost Towing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by MrMcQ Sorry for the delayed response Mr. B. We weighed on our trip down for the first time since I've had both ...

Page 230 of 234 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2337
Like Tree1796Likes

Thread: Pics of your F150 EB Towing!

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1077 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcQ View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response Mr. B. We weighed on our trip down for the first time since I've had both truck and TT. Scaled at 14,400 total GCW. I had the dealer throw in the WDH with the trailer at purchase. Unfortunately, they threw in one of the cheapest you can get. It's a pro series 1000 lb chain bars with a separate friction sway bar. I knew nothing of WDH when I purchased the TT, but did know that I needed one. Since purchase I've done gobs of research and even had to readjust from what they set up. I'm still trying to dial it in to get best distribution and sway control (was over rear AGW that trip by about 400 lbs), but right now I'm saving for a 14k equalizer.

The trailer is 6.5K dry weight, with a max loaded weight of 9,600 (which is the max tow rating for the truck based upon Ford's towing guide). I calculated on this trip, the trailer most likely weighed in around 8K.

The mirrors are cheapo amazon slide ons and they are cheap. The mirrors wobble a lot going down the road, and barely work for lane changes. I mostly stick to the stock mirrors, they are pretty decent for seeing blind spots, they just don't reach out far enough to gauge clearance for lane changes. I'm also saving to pick up a set from 1A Auto, they seem to have the best factory replacement towing mirror that I have seen, but run about $180 for a non-power folding, manual telescoping set.
    Thanks for the response (really no rush) Thats the TT size were looking at (5-9K GVWR). There's no need to go to a 1400 WDH, its based on hitch (tongue)weight. don't forget that you don't mess with air bags until you have the WDH adjusted and its only to level the rear end. Im looking at Andersen Hitches, it comes complete with ball and adj 4" shank. Hope you get it adjusted good. 1A Auto has the best prices for mirrors I think. I defiantly need power folding and now going thru the crap of how to installing the with power telescoping, they don't make them with non telescoping with power fold any more. again thanks for responding
    Last edited by Mr B; 04-27-2019 at 11:10 AM.

2013 F150 Supercrew Lariat+ | Kodiac Brown | 4X4 | 502A | Tow | 3.55 E-Locker | SCT X4 5* 93per/tow | Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/60R20 | PowerStop slotted-drilled front and back rotors W/ Z36 pads | Bilsteins 5100's X4 |Hellwig rear Anti-Sway Bar | Firestone Ride-Rite Rear Airbags (5000) | Air Lift WirelessAIR On-Board Air Compressor (7200) | AMP Research Power Step | spray in bed liner | HID lights | full LED | aFePower diff. Cover | 3.0 door detent | DeeZee TGA | Retrax Pro Cover | Rugged Ridge FM | Anzo LED side Mirror lights | UPR Billet Emblems | aFePower 4"X12" black exhaust tip | OEM Rear Wheel Well Liners | Westin Contour bull bar | Rigid Industries D-Series D2 LED Lights | raptor grill lights | SnapRest armrest | Bright TRAX led puddle lights | TrailFX window vents/hood protector | 35% tint | My Build https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-counting.html

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Name:  IMG_4917.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  3.20 MB3 month old truck, 1 week old trailer
    Kinguni, Mr B and Joeymt33 like this.
    2018 Guard (WTH kinda name is that for a color) * F-150 XLT S/Crew 2.7 * 3.55 rear * Trailer Tow Package * 18" Hankook's * Pro Backup Assist * Tailgate Step * Running Boards * Fog Lights * stubby antenna * full BedRug * Gator Tonneau * windows tinted dark as legal in Florida *

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    There's no need to go to a 1400 WDH, its based on hitch (tongue)weight.
    When I ran calculations, I figured 15% of the max trailer weight as "preferred" tongue weight. Which 15% of 9600 lbs is 1440 lbs, still though 10% of max trailer weight puts me at 960, right at the limit of the 10K/1K bars. I figured all the equalizer variations are relatively similarly priced. So, why not get the biggest they offer for future proofing. 14K/1.4K hitch can handle 9.5K/900lbs, but a 10K/1K hitch won't handle 9.5K/1.4K as well. I would rather have the capacity there should I need it, instead of needing it and not having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    don't forget that you don't mess with air bags until you have the WDH adjusted and its only to level the rear end.
    Not sure where this advice comes from? All the research I've done (which includes set up manuals for hitches) indicates that the air bags should be inflated to intended towing pressure prior to setting up the hitch. So that is what I did after installing the bags: aired them up to 20 PSI, and reconfigured my WDH (the airbags raises the rear at least 2").

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfla View Post
    Regardless of the towing prowess yet to be harnessed, that is a sweet rig!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    3 month old truck, 1 week old trailer
    2250rk?
    2018 3.5 XLT 302a XTS SCREW LB Max Tow Magnetic No Mods

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3112 times

Not sure where this advice comes from? All the research I've done (which includes set up manuals for hitches) indicates that the air bags should be inflated to intended towing pressure prior to setting up the hitch. So that is what I did after installing the bags: aired them up to 20 PSI, and reconfigured my WDH (the airbags raises the rear at least 2").
    I do agree that you should be consistent with your airbags in combination with a WDH. What I mean is that I felt like the REAL purpose for the airbags, when using the WDH, was to thwart the pogo affect (increased damping when airbags resistance is added to shock absorber and leafs) as well as assist in getting the squat out once the WDH had properly shifted weight back to the front axle, as well as the TT axle(s).

So I spent the effort finding out just how much air it took to lift the truck just enough to eliminate the squat once the WDH and trailer were mounted. (you're guessing at first because it's BEFORE you get your WDH setup just right) And similar to your point above, it was about 15-20 lbs. I think I tried to hit 17lbs, if memory serves.

What I wouldn't suggest is getting your WDH setup properly without airbags and then air up the truck, since that could throw your WDH setup back out of spec. Unless you add just enough air to where it just begins to "lift" and then stop. In theory, this would be a decent method to combat pogo or soggy suspension.

I'm on a different truck and RV and wdh now and no longer need the airbags. (considerably better suspension AND a lighter RV) But I definitely remember how rewarding it was to get the previous truck balanced just right. Towed fantastic! And that was the 2.7 instead of the current 3.5.
    I have fond memories of that sweet ride.

MrMcQ likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Regardless of the towing prowess yet to be harnessed, that is a sweet rig!

Thanks!
    2018 Guard (WTH kinda name is that for a color) * F-150 XLT S/Crew 2.7 * 3.55 rear * Trailer Tow Package * 18" Hankook's * Pro Backup Assist * Tailgate Step * Running Boards * Fog Lights * stubby antenna * full BedRug * Gator Tonneau * windows tinted dark as legal in Florida *

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1077 times
    "that the air bags should be inflated to intended towing pressure prior to setting up the hitch" should say minimum intended towing pressure prior to setting up hitch

When I said don't mess with airbags before setting up WDH means putting them at minimum PSI then if there is any sag after setting up WDH then, air up to your the height you want. does that make sense? Never level truck with air bags and then set up WDH

2013 F150 Supercrew Lariat+ | Kodiac Brown | 4X4 | 502A | Tow | 3.55 E-Locker | SCT X4 5* 93per/tow | Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/60R20 | PowerStop slotted-drilled front and back rotors W/ Z36 pads | Bilsteins 5100's X4 |Hellwig rear Anti-Sway Bar | Firestone Ride-Rite Rear Airbags (5000) | Air Lift WirelessAIR On-Board Air Compressor (7200) | AMP Research Power Step | spray in bed liner | HID lights | full LED | aFePower diff. Cover | 3.0 door detent | DeeZee TGA | Retrax Pro Cover | Rugged Ridge FM | Anzo LED side Mirror lights | UPR Billet Emblems | aFePower 4"X12" black exhaust tip | OEM Rear Wheel Well Liners | Westin Contour bull bar | Rigid Industries D-Series D2 LED Lights | raptor grill lights | SnapRest armrest | Bright TRAX led puddle lights | TrailFX window vents/hood protector | 35% tint | My Build https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-counting.html

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
    2250rk?
    Yes sir! You have one?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1077 times
    Love that TT!!!!! Also the way the tv pops up. It's one of the top 4 that I'm looking at. The only down side is no designated eating table, but then we'll probably be outside eating anyway

Sponsored Links